It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant UFO and Anomilies Around SUN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
I'm sorry, but, this isn't what you think it is.
It's definitely not a UFO, or anything associated with intelligently controlled spacecraft.

If you wish to continue to let Youtube tell you what to think, however, be my guest.

If you want to know the real truth, the truth that's relatively boring and harder to swallow, well, please find the original source that isn't labeled with a UFO tag, and ask some people WHAT is going on in the video without any prearranged preconceived notions or ideas about aliens.

Lies and silly stuff about aliens are easier to swallow than the truth for some however.

Just my two cents.
I'm not even going to bother explaining anything about camera artifacts, compression, lens flare, pixel overload, or anything of the sort when it comes to this, because, well ... eh.

sad.

Actually it is a UFO because it's an Unidentified Flying/Floating (in space) Object...

So unless you know what it is then it's a UFO...
If you think it's a lens flare then it's still a UFO because it has not been identified, which I'm assuming that is why it was posted...

Couldn't buy much with that 2 cents BTW...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osito

Originally posted by FlySolo

I'm sorry I didn't elaborate: Mercury.

... but who wants to believe that with a video titled with a nice, neat pre-packaged candy sweet alternative narrated by infamous man, dude, man, wow, far-out man dude with his always a joy to hear background soundtracks?

edit on 12-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

Just a page ago you were insinuating it was a boring camera artifact. You seemed to be pretty confident about that. Now you say it's Mercury with the same confidence. You should take the time to acknowledge you don't know everything. Just saying...

^^This

OWNED
Btw Nineix how is it that u call this object Mercury? Doesnt mercury goes that way -->
not

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

Really "Bullet To Dome"? Consider that vid as good as posted . Now, dont disappoint me.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Just my two cents.
I'm not even going to bother explaining anything about camera artifacts, compression, lens flare, pixel overload, or anything of the sort when it comes to this, because, well ... eh.

sad.

Your post is a direct insult to the teams of engineers that make ten times what you do, just to make sure that these 'artifacts' don't end up in the video streams from their multibillion dollar satellite. This isn't a cell phone camera people.

Its funny how much the layman thinks he knows about the world. It is only when you study more that you realize how much we don't know. AKA the more you study, the less you 'know'. You should study more.

-Cameron

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stAtrill

Just my two cents.

sad.

Your post is a direct insult to the teams of engineers that make ten times what you do, just to make sure that these 'artifacts' don't end up in the video streams from their multibillion dollar satellite. This isn't a cell phone camera people.

Its funny how much the layman thinks he knows about the world. It is only when you study more that you realize how much we don't know. AKA the more you study, the less you 'know'. You should study more.

-Cameron

Please, as posted by Pauligirl earlier, let me direct you to the BELOW information.
Please note where it says IMAGE ARTIFACTS, CAMERA DEFECTS, INTERNAL REFLECTIONS.
If you like, you can visit the site and see examples of all of these too.
YUP.
Space is a hard hard place. Even Billion $ equipment gets got and pounded on.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Welcome to the STEREO Learning Center
Image artifacts

Not everything visible in STEREO images is related to the Sun or the solar atmosphere. Some features are caused by the telescope optics, the cameras used to capture the images, or how the STEREO spacecraft are operated. These features can be quite confusing, and require some explanation. Below we outline some of the common non-solar features which appear in the images.

Beacon data
Stars, planets, and comets
Background subtraction
Cosmic rays
Debris
Camera defects
Spacecraft rolls
Internal reflections
Corrupted and blank images

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

4: Airplane

Don't be silly.
Airplanes don't fly that high anymore.

5: It's a goose

edit on 12-3-2012 by LordDrakula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
just burning a red cd.

thats what it looks like to me..

But incredible video.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Oh so we are supposed to trust GLP as a source? And you doubt the OP source which is NASA ?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Its not a comet.. No Tail!

It could be a planet. Whenever there are intense solar flares, everything gets brighter. E.g. the brightest moon ive ever seen was this past week. The odd shape could be attributed to glare.

No UFO... doesnt seem to be moving on its own.

This must be old footage. Cant find it on recent SOHO archive.

Yawn...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

Request granted.

Flagged this really is a very nice video.
and i stick to my previous statement.

but the cylinders look like they are at the tip of a bright orange rod and the 3rd cylinder is somewhere near the middle of said big rod.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Before anyone else posts on this thread, let me remind you.......
The topic is: Giant UFO and Anomilies Around SUN

Stick to that topic and that topic only.

Please FULLY read ATS TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE

Along with...

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics....

And further....

Please: Post On Topic!

Any off topic posts, insults and anything violating the T&C will be removed and your account could be post banned.

Carry on.

edit on March 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yes, It's Mercury. It transited earlier this Month.

It always has that look when it does so, it's caused by internal reflections in the instrument.

Orrery for March 3:

Venus a few days earlier:

Gotta love it when youtube posters remove pertinent information like the date.
edit on 3/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank You Phage!

Your work in clarifying, and confirming is very appreciated.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It looks like an angel you can see a halo looking thing as well as wings, reminds me of this report when cosmonauts reported seeing angels.

A flash of bright light blinded all the cosmonauts on board for a while. As soon as they could see again, the cosmonauts saw silhouettes of seven figures outside the station. The aliens looked like humans, but were of higher stature. They also had large wings behind their backs and luminous halos above their heads. The creatures looked like angels.

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thanks phage!! Origanal video is no longer on the front page but don't need to see it now that;

"phage is in the house!!"

Be safe people

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This is comet Lovejoy.So what you are seeing in the new video cannot be a comet.This comet swung around the sun and actually survived and came out around the other side. The movie of it is on the SOHO site so you can get a good look at how a large comet can behave around the sun.
I don't quite know what I'm seeing in these latest videos but I would say some type of artifact possibly.
Remember Carl Sagan himself said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." So I'm not going to get to excited on this one quite yet.

P.S just saw the Phage post.

edit on 12-3-2012 by mark1167 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think that if it were a planet, it would make sense that the gravitational pull from it would attract flares from the Sun. That's my two cents.

Question is, can planets orbit that quickly around the sun? If yes, that becomes the answer as opposed to a UFO.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am more interested in this video which, was released today

A little later this happend.

edit on 12-3-2012 by Oxize because: changesss

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join