It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

I may have not been calm in normal life for a while, but in combat I am Zen calm as it IS normal to me... So when the NWO closes its grip and some of you pissy pants cry out for help then you can just go fk yourselves as I will be on the other end with my jack boot on your neck..

Amen
From reading your post dude I'm on the next stage

It's been a ride - not a pleasant one
But I think I'm starting to see the preverbal light in a few regards
But you need to accept you'll never be who you were
But as you said - when TSHTF people like you and I and those we love will last that little bit longer

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
So vilifying these individuals is understandable, but on a scientific level we should be attempting to figure out "what"it is that is wrong with these people, as it may be treatable in the future, as we advance as humans.

In my humble opinion, in this case there is no need for science, but maybe for philosophy. Because I think the "what" you wonder about is simply "war".

In this case, he apparently killed nine kids, so thats different from "regular" war. But the other deaths... I can't really see what's different about someone killing people he doesn't know this way or doing it in battle. There are very seldom good guys and bad guys – there's just guys. Guys who would much rather be with their loved ones and mind their own business. (Of course there are some who is really drawn to the military, much thanks to the glorifying recruitment films etc. But that is pretty soon taken out of them when they arrive on location, if I understand correctly).

What we need to do is really join forces to come up with solutions for resolving conflicts, that does not include violence. So much would be gained by this. There would be no child soldiers, no old veterans with broken bodies and souls, no widows, no father/motherless kids. We should really put pressure on our leaders to come up with better solutions, because this aint working no more (if it ever did, well maybe before the stone age, when verbal communication wasn't that hot).
edit on 11-3-2012 by pimpinette because: spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Its quite scary to read your comment. It is you who have not grasped the concept here. It seams like you demand honor for your service in Afghanistan, because you think you are fighting a war for your fellow Americans. Who in their right mind would think such a thing?

You weren't fighting for your fellow Americans, you were fighting for American foreign policies and interests. It is because you lack this vision you feel dishonored. But within you, You know that what you were doing in Afghanistan was wrong. That is what haunts you and your friends when you get home. The guilt and the lack of honer by your fellow citizens. The only once who enjoys your return is your family. But you demand more than that for your illegal services and murder.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is disgusting, and I feel ashamed to call myself American. So much BS happens there, more than not by our "honorable" military. We are a country that is regressing.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by torsion

Great, now all of Afghanistan is gonna be mad at us.
This guy went and killed innocents without authorization.
I hope he at least screamed, "put down the gun" first before he killed the innocents.

NOW THEY ARE GOING TO BE MAD AT US?

You can't be serious.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
OK here it comes.

I reckon the burnt ones were either sexually abused or mutilated hence the need to hide evidence.

Any soldiers here care to tell us how to hide the evidence after you have filled 2 - 15 year old kids with your seed and then with lead.

There had to be a reason to burn them.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The shooting massacres we've experienced here in America are usually committed by another American....and rarely do we see casualties numbering 16.

Imagine a foreign soldier on our soil in the U.S. storming our homes and massacring 16 people....innocent families, including children. We can't imagine it. We are outraged at the idea that one of our own soldiers did this....but are we outraged enough? We hear about mass killings in the Middle East all the time and I think many of us have become desensitized to it, so when we see it occurring again here, we express our disgust and anger, but I think in our subconscious, we've come to the conclusion it's just the "same sh*t, different day" in that part of the world. I'm not trying to paint everyone with a broad brush, I'm just saying that if this type of thing isn't a huge signal that our soldiers have reached their breaking point and that we need to get the hell out of these countries NOW, I don't know what is. Remember, these soldiers eventually will be coming HOME for good. Do you think this kind of unstable vet is going to be someone you'd want living next door to you? There are probably many more like this soldier who feel ready to snap....I imagine those are the some of the individuals that make up the thousands who've committed suicide since this bullsh** started.

Yet, many still wish to chant "War with Iran!" "Kill the Terrorists!" It's easy for those people to say when they are not the ones doing 10 tours of duty in these war-torn countries. It's easy for those people to say when there are no foreign soldiers on our soil whom they have to worry might "snap" and pull a massacre on their family.

Yet, apparently, there are plenty of Americans that wish to support the likes of Obama, Santorum, Gingrich, Romney, et al. The one person who wants to end it all for America is the outcast. SHAME ON THE U.S.! This is a DISGRACE.

Are we angered enough by this that we can say IMPEACH any and all presidents, Republican or Democrat, who continue to violate our Constitution by sending troops into UNDECLARED wars? I wonder if we can, as it seems most people are more interested in maintaining ill-fated political party loyalties to be concerned with reality or truth.

Do you think incidents like this one are creating goodwill between the U.S. and Afghanistan? Our government is committing atrocities in the name of the U.S., much of the time without our approval OR KNOWLEDGE. Do you think our complacency in this regard is never going to come back to bite us in the a**? Do you like the U.S. using your tax dollars to do these things on your behalf?

The day of retribution for these innocent victims will come. Do you think any foreign countries will cry for us when hell is unleashed for the things we have allowed to happen? Hell no......nor should they.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What a sad day. My heart goes out to the families of those affected, as it does every time news comes about people being killed for one reason or another.

I'm afraid for all of the service men and women, of all countries, that are over there right now. The odds are good that there will be repercussions from the local population because of this. These senseless killings, from all sides, have to stop before will kill ourselves into extinction.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Only a few were possibly raped and definitely burned. As more than one was raped/burned it would fit in with the sightings of more than one soldier. That is unless the lone soldier had a real high sex drive.

What do you soldiers think? Is it more probable that you would do things in a group or all by yourselves?!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Unfortunately it is same #, different day. Which needs to end. Thing is, I don't know how to stop it or who to turn to to help get our horrid gov't out.
I'm sick of reading news every single day about something stupid the USA has done now.
The day we get annihilated and nuked, no one will care.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Prepare for the bomb that is PTSD on your and my nation when all of this is over and the troops are safely home because that is when it hits you the most..

As for some of the comments on this thread... Pfffft ... You have NO CLUE!!

And as not only a vet but a reservist myself, I can tell you that when the SHTF in our own country you will be defending yourselves.. Screw you!

I may have not been calm in normal life for a while, but in combat I am Zen calm as it IS normal to me... So when the NWO closes its grip and some of you pissy pants cry out for help then you can just go fk yourselves as I will be on the other end with my jack boot on your neck..

You are not worth my life or any other of my serving brothers and sisters lives..

Well done on getting over your PTSD. To many fall to it's deadly grip.

Firstly let me say that me and you both known that if war came to your country you will be the first person to pick up a gun and defend your fellow American.

Secondly, I think I was to quick to judge this story. Somethings a miss! Every article I have read has different accounts (except the number of deaths) of what happened. This tells me someone is trying to muddy the waters.

I believe the allied command may want to ramp up the fighting in afgan.

Why? I'm not sure yet.

ALS

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Honour??? From YOU???

No thanks..

You call us dicks and scum... Why the hell should we give a rats ass what YOU think of us??

It IS NOT ABOUT YOU MORON! It is about the guy next to us.. Do you think that we fight for YOU??

Do you honestly think that we are that deluded to think we are fighting for some great cause, like our nations??

Not on your life mate!

We fight for each other and our unit... Period.. THAT is where we get our "honour" from not from the likes of you hypocrites who vote for the morons who send us to those places in the first place!

YOU ARE TO BLAME.... YES YOU THE VOTER!... YOU PUT US THERE... WE DID NOT SUDDENLY DECIDE TO JUST TURN UP THERE AND START SHOOTING... If you want to blame someone, look in the mirror you hypocrites!!... Blood is on YOUR hands too as surely as mine .. Your vote put me there..

We are trained killers whose job it is to do YOUR political will...

SUCK UP SOME GUILT...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We don't know the whole story but no matter which way I look at it, I can't see any justification for what this person did.

He murdered children, there is no justification for that and it proves one thing that these soldiers are getting traumatised enough by being in Afghanistan for so long they are capable of doing something like this.

I remember reading stories like this about Iraq and now it's happening here but I don't want to assume too much until the facts have either been buried or surface eventually.

But what I am appalled by, is how quickly people are trying to justify this persons actions and coming to his defence, making it out that these backward people deserved it somehow because they are not thankful for some arsehole being their country trying to free them from tyranny.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
honestly this is the fishiest thing i have ever read...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoneApollo
reply to post by NightGypsy

Unfortunately it is same #, different day. Which needs to end. Thing is, I don't know how to stop it or who to turn to to help get our horrid gov't out.
I'm sick of reading news every single day about something stupid the USA has done now.
The day we get annihilated and nuked, no one will care.

I know what you mean....believe me. I just wish more Americans would open their eyes to the deception that has been carried out for many years now and stop falling for all the boogeyman crap. All one has to do is a little research to see that there is much more to these calls for war than meets the eye. Now, I'm afraid, it's a little too late. We still have more countries to invade and more people to kill by the looks of our present "to do" list.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest
It's because of imbeciles like this that the war effort and 11 years of work and thousands of lives lost are going to be wasted, there's only so much the Afghan population will take before they all condemn us.

If you want my honest opinion and this is from an outside perspective I'm British, now I'm not sure if he was a US marine or if he was from some other part of the US armed forces but from what I've seen in American the military promotes the "Join up to kill" motive, where as in the UK if a potential recruit turned up at the office and said he wanted to join the Army to kill people he would be shown the door and blacklisted.

I also believe it has something to do with the long 12 month deployments the pentagon has your soldiers doing, 12 months away from family and friends being shot at and risking IED contact everyday is not good for mental stability or lets face it morale, you have enough soldiers to rotate on smaller deployments but for some reason your government wants to stretch resources as far as they can.

To be honest the recruiters I spoke when I joined to said if someone said that they wanted to join the army to kill they'd channel that mindset into the infantry. Glad I didn't join the infantry

So the UK Army's just as gung-ho in many respects, only more restrictive.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

reply to post by EvanB

It does not matter if its the peoples fault for voting in
a corrupt government. Its the fact that soldiers are
fighting to make the rich richer. Do you really think
the people who send you to war care if you live or die?
They live in their nice big houses, not giving a crap about
you. Thats the way it is. Yes, people vote for these people,
basically through lies and media propaganda. Basically
brainwashed. And you are brainwashed too, otherwise
you would not fight these pointless wars, just so others get
rich. Other people who dont give a crap if you live or die!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

what bothers me the most is that when i read one of the "original" articles on msm, they stated it was a lone soldier, but in the text one of the afghan witnesses said "they were all drunk, they were shooting" (i'm paraphrasing here). that leads me to ponder the idea of whether or not it was a lone soldier or a few soldiers. either way it is tragic and horrible.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

I would have to agree with you on some points.

I noticed a huge lack of adult supervision outside the wire. However, look around VBC (I know, dating myself) and you were Knee deep in "Leaders" preparing briefings on how the "war" was going. How the hell would they know?

You end up with decisions being made off of pure fantasy. Criminal.

With regards to WWII vets, there is ample evidence Soldiers suffered then just as now except no one really knew what they were looking at. Audie Murphy suffered. He talks about it in his book and became an advocate for others.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
when Afghanis kill their oppressors they are EVIL.

when US soldiers kill Afghanis they are heroes with an issue.

we all know war is hell but those of you who are trying to justify this latest case of US army brutality are just unreal.

"oh, they're under pressure" REALLY?

they are SOLDIERS, of course they are under pressure!

but nothing can justify killing of civilians, often for fun...

or maybe the life of American is more valuable...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join