It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest
It's because of imbeciles like this that the war effort and 11 years of work and thousands of lives lost are going to be wasted, there's only so much the Afghan population will take before they all condemn us.

If you want my honest opinion and this is from an outside perspective I'm British, now I'm not sure if he was a US marine or if he was from some other part of the US armed forces but from what I've seen in American the military promotes the "Join up to kill" motive, where as in the UK if a potential recruit turned up at the office and said he wanted to join the Army to kill people he would be shown the door and blacklisted.

I also believe it has something to do with the long 12 month deployments the pentagon has your soldiers doing, 12 months away from family and friends being shot at and risking IED contact everyday is not good for mental stability or lets face it morale, you have enough soldiers to rotate on smaller deployments but for some reason your government wants to stretch resources as far as they can.

Were you ever in the military? Or are you just a civilian version of imbecile?
You don't understand US recruitment strategies? So maybe you shouldn't comment on them?
Length of deployment can be detrimental, depending on what your doing. Number of rotations is more important.

Just saying.
edit on 2012/3/11 by Another10Pin because: .

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

are you trying to say you are fighting for freedom of USA in the Middle East?

even soldiers know it's all about the money and power and they do it for the salary.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by Jay-morris

WE KNOW!

However it takes a while for THAT penny to drop and by the time it does, we are on the front line fighting for our lives...

That is why we fight for each other and NOT out of loyalty to ANY government not worth our spit...

What do you expect us to do when we are there??? Do you expect us to say "fk this, Im not going to fire for the sake of those bastard corporations?" Because if you do then you are away with the fairies...

When our boots touch the ground we are fighting for our lives.. Not some corporation... They are firing at us too you know? So putting down our rifles and waving at the Taliban and saying fk this # lets be friends...
... We would get slaughtered!!

But some on here would like that it seems...

If you do not want us in Afghanistan then ffs GET US OUT!!!

PLEASE!!!!

Stop sending us.. Vote for Ron Paul... Get active.. Start getting at your reps.. That or stfu...

So, why are you fighting for eachother? Please tell me what
you gain from that, considering you have said its not because
of your government, but they are the ones sending you into
these pointless wars. So, basically you are saying you will go
into any war your government tells tells you to go too.

That basically proves my point when i say governments have
their people by the balls, and can do what they want with them.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato
I'd be proud to kill US soldiers too if I was an Afghan.

People actually gave stars for this comment?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by EvanB

WE KNOW!

However it takes a while for THAT penny to drop and by the time it does, we are on the front line fighting for our lives...

That is why we fight for each other and NOT out of loyalty to ANY government not worth our spit...

What do you expect us to do when we are there??? Do you expect us to say "fk this, Im not going to fire for the sake of those bastard corporations?" Because if you do then you are away with the fairies...

When our boots touch the ground we are fighting for our lives.. Not some corporation... They are firing at us too you know? So putting down our rifles and waving at the Taliban and saying fk this # lets be friends...
... We would get slaughtered!!

But some on here would like that it seems...

If you do not want us in Afghanistan then ffs GET US OUT!!!

PLEASE!!!!

Stop sending us.. Vote for Ron Paul... Get active.. Start getting at your reps.. That or stfu...

So, why are you fighting for eachother? Please tell me what
you gain from that, considering you have said its not because
of your government, but they are the ones sending you into
these pointless wars. So, basically you are saying you will go
into any war your government tells tells you to go too.

That basically proves my point when i say governments have
their people by the balls, and can do what they want with them.

I think you missed the point, they are in the war to earn their salary; they don't care about the politics, they just fight and try to survive.

it is sad actually, very sad.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
Who can blame a man for going insane after that many tours, to places where he is hated and despised?

A human being can only take so much.

I hear Charles Manson had a rough childhood, who can blame him for what he did, right ?

A human being can only take so much

Are you serious ? How can anyone feel sorry for this sick mf?

I dont care what mental disorder he has, there is no excuse in this world that can justify murdering of children, period!
edit on 11-3-2012 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY

Greetings JM...

You response to this poster is what we discussed a while back. I feel the same as the poster.

I have been in a long time. I feel betrayed to a degree by the citizens of my country. They remain ignorant of the world outside. They refuse to educate themselves. Sure, they shake my hand sometimes and thank me for my service but a better thanks would take the form of a more active role in what their politicians do. The citizens are the ones who allow war to happen. Period. You don't want war with Syria/Iran/etc? Great, how do propose to stop it? How do you propose your government stops mismanaging it's military? Do you like paying for wars that do not support your interests? Most Americans see these adventures as little more than something to discuss like the weather or the economy. They have ZERO connection to it. I would offer they do not want a connection to it. It is easier to blame the military than assume their inherent responsibility.

In the thread we discussed earlier, I was asked by someone else if I would fight for the people or the NWO? I fight for the ideals in the Constitution but mainly what is right, what is humane on the ground. I fight so me and the dudes on my right and left are able to be here tomorrow to try to make it right. No guarantees of success. That may have nothing to do with Americans, the NWO, the People (who left me out to dry), or whatever.

Like i said before, governments have been brainwashing their
people for years.Why do you think governments work so hard
to make you patriotic for your country? Its because it makes it
easier to talk about threats to your country, be it real or fake.

Trying to say " well, you voted them in" is quite pointless, considering
they are all the same and always lie about all the good things they are
going to do when elected, but its all BS!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

Dude...

Stop referencing words that do not exist. If I had wanted to say that, I would have said that. Instead offer comment on what I did say. Or don't. Your call.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intrud3r

Who can blame a man for going insane after that many tours, to places where he is hated and despised?

I hear Charles Manson had a rough childhood, who can blame him for what he did, right ?

I dont care what mental disorder he has, there is no excuse in this world that can justify murdering of children, period!
edit on 11-3-2012 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)

thank you my friend for a smart and normal comment.

you really made me feel better about the humanity.

(but now they will say you cannot compare Charlson Manson with American soldier, you'll see)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by seiva7

Dude...

Stop referencing words that do not exist. If I had wanted to say that, I would have said that. Instead offer comment on what I did say. Or don't. Your call.

you are clearly trying to somehow justify what this guy did but there is no way to justify it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Most of you will never know or understand the frustrations or pressures of operations in Afghanistan
Regardless of your views on the war OR YOUR OPINIONS OF SERVICE PEOPLE OR WHY YOU THINK PEOPLE JOIN UP
The ineffectiveness, incompetency, ineptitude and dare I say cowardice of officers and commanders is and has been a growing problem
The politics, restrictions, but ultimately failings in the command and leadership leads to these problems
You can see the insurgents- they threaten you everyday
You know he's Taliban - you know they are storing/making/planning IED's/ambushes/manpads ect ect
But somewhere up in the food chain someone's decided that we aren't gonna act on what we know
Then you see a group of girls off into school get shredded by such an IED - or your buddy's - or anyone
Inside you know it coulda been prevented
If not for our so called leaders
I'm certain we would have been out years ago if we had had stronger commanders
But militairy commanders are not that any more
They have become MANAGERS with basic soldiering skills
Gone are the romanticised days of a gentleman of honour
Now they just take the job to pay the bills and further their own career but not through being a good officer but through being a yes man
It is something I have experienced many MANY times ( afghanistan alone in 05,06,07,08,10,11) and I have become very bitter and twisted about it ( you wanna understand the 1% vs the 99 - look at the militairy ! )
A growing field is combat stress as a result of poor command
Not through the actual act of combat or related events
BUT THE MORONS WE HAVE TO WORK FOR

edit on 11-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

I can't respond to today's military leadership. But I can point you to 1983, Beruit, Lebanon. When they blew up the barracks, the sentry's were not locked and loaded. You know why? Talk about leadership ... political leadership ... civilian leadership.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

www.bbc.co.uk

A US soldier in Afghanistan is reported to have killed a number of Afghan civilians after walking off his base in the southern province of Kandahar.

The soldier - who surrendered to the US military authorities - is thought to have had a breakdown, reports the BBC's Quentin Sommerville in Kabul.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
Al Jazeera
edit on 11-3-2012 by torsion because: added link

Under Bush, it would have been blamed on Bush. Who's fault is it this time ? Obama.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Another10Pin

I can't respond to today's military leadership. But I can point you to 1983, Beruit, Lebanon. When they blew up the barracks, the sentry's were not locked and loaded. You know why? Talk about leadership ... political leadership ... civilian leadership.

now we're talking!
united in hate, aren't you?

(fast edit but I saw it:lol

edit on 11-3-2012 by seiva7 because: to inform the guy that I saw his hate talk

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I agree with you on politicians. I agree with you on the BS patriotic rhetoric. I have no argument with you there. However, asking the military to do....I am not sure what...quit, march on DC, hug it out with the bad guys, just makes it worse. It throws the baby out with the bath water. That is not where the problems lie.

The military is controlled by the civilian leadership. That is the law. It is in the Constitution. If you erase the military, those civilians pulling the levers will just find another way to get what they want and you will never hear about it. That leadership structure has been corrupted. It is bought. It is bent over. Choose your metaphor. As long as American kids are getting killed in these places of great economic interest to TPTB, sad to say, it keeps the politicians just a little bit more in check. They still have to answer for something then. Not completely but somewhat. If your military serves you in that way alone, than at least is that worth something to you? Is that not fighting for you? I am just getting a little worn out waiting for my fellow Americans to wake up and start bearing some of this fight.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

Wow. No words for that. Literally, I have no words for that...because I never claimed it.

If you want to keep putting words in my mouth, go ahead. I will desist and let the discussion continue between you and yourself.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intrud3r

I never justified the act, I proposed there was a reason for it and that it could have been prevented by him not being there in the first place.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It had to happen, Aghans killed 6 US soldiers in Q burning incident. Some soldier under stress had to blow up his mind and anger.

Btw, the when US is gone, Talibian mullahs will be back and Afghanitan will also be back to 16th century primitive culture. Too bad but that is one conservative prediction.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

I really disagree with your idea that the American soldiers have a "join up to kill" mentality. Although I think some of these soldiers may have that idea, I think our society and our soldiers try to promote the "protecting our country" mentality. I think these were the actions of one man, and as an American I don't think that should reflect negatively on the rest of the US soldiers.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seiva7
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

actually what were they doing in Iraq all these years?

found any WMD's in the end or not???

My point was agreeing with Beezer that Iraqi's learned, albeit late, that playing possum works. It has nothing to do with how or why Iraq started, just how it ended and how Afghan COULD end as well. When Iraq's Jihadis started acting like the war was all over outside of a few troublemakers sometime after the surge, it helped usher in the date certain for withdrawal and the rest is history. I'd have thought it might be sincere, too....except of course that they seemed to pick things up pretty much where they left off a few weeks before the final Dec withdrawal date.

Afghan COULD end the same way and I thought it was a fair point made on that.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Another10Pin

Originally posted by strato
I'd be proud to kill US soldiers too if I was an Afghan.

People actually gave stars for this comment?

Not everyone is an American.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join