It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hay USA, it's time to Spring forwards, or is fall frontways...time change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Just a reminder, here in the U.S., if your on daylight savings time, at 02:00 today, move ahead 1 hour.
and lose a little sleep.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thanks for the heads up.

And this is good news.

This means I get off work Monday an hour earlier than usual.

And I'm thankful my alarm clock sets daylight savings automatically.

Double win.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Wow, that explains the whole 1 hour "missing time" incident I just had when I looked at my computer clock.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

NO!!!
Ima be a rebel and just get up an hour early!
Ima show all of them!

All switched over but the coffee pot, good thing I don't rely on the timer.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
On this subject. At 2:00 AM we turn our clocks ahead to 3:00 am. So what happens to the whole 2:00 hour? Does it just Unexist? Erased from existence?

And what if a baby was born at precisely the second of the time change. Would the hospital record 2:00 am or 3:00 am for the record. Hmm. And if the hospital did record 2:00 am it would be born in limbo, and the birth was recorded at 3:00 it would be a lie.

Oh my . I'm sure there is a simple answer for it all. Its just late. That's all.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Does this happen only in America? If so is it because they know people go out later when there is more sun light to buy stuff. Yet during winter we don't?? Sorry guys never really paid so much attention to this.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It's "Winter Forward" now, not "Spring Forward".
The time change used to be a month from now.
In Spring.
It's still Winter until the 20th.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
They changed it in 2005.
7 years ago.
It used to begin on the first Sunday in April.
So... doesn't anyone suspect it was changed for some hidden, nefarious reason?
I do.
But I can't put my finger on it.
But that Sun rising 2 days early in Greenland thing comes to mind.

Plus degrees in December (Polar night ends TWO DAYS early? )
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the Boat/Smile Moon thing too.

Welcome to the Equator!! Everywhere on Earth !! USA-UK-Canada
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

How many threads do you think we'll see tomorrow from the people that didn't set their clocks ahead?I'm guessing five.They'll all be titled "I lost an hour last night,I was abducted! "
edit on 11-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
*groan* I hate the fall back/spring forward garbage. There's no need to futz with timekeeping like this, it doesn't really accomplish anything anyway.

On the bright side, I don't have to look at that big glowing thing in the sky until 7:43 this morning. On the downside, I have to look at it an hour later in the evening.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Abducted?

No, there'll be timeshift threads and people saying the sun is in the wrong place and that China has moved and that the Nazis were actually a peace loving group that enjoyed picking dandelions and sharing the company with fluffy elephants.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

But it doesn't explain how half of my coworkers and I missed a entire day this week. For some some reason, when we all got our pay stubs on Thursday, a lot of us thought it was Wednesday.

Can I really be that busy that I miss a entire day?

Good thing it happened when it did otherwise I would have showed up at work yesterday wondering where everybody is at.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by boncho

But it doesn't explain how half of my coworkers and I missed a entire day this week. For some some reason, when we all got our pay stubs on Thursday, a lot of us thought it was Wednesday.

Can I really be that busy that I miss a entire day?

You absolutely can be. Missing days happens to me pretty often, a few times a month at least. The busier I am, the more out of sync my internal calendar is with the Gregorian. I can be off by a few days in either direction--I've thought it was several days ahead or several days prior to the actual date. Heck, last week, I argued with my husband over whether or not it really was Saturday, or Thursday.(it was in fact Saturday)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BXM336
Does this happen only in America? If so is it because they know people go out later when there is more sun light to buy stuff. Yet during winter we don't?? Sorry guys never really paid so much attention to this.

They do it in some other countries too, but they aren't very much in sync.
Can they not just agree on a date? You'd think it should all be at the same date, but it's not.

www.worldtimezone.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'd rather we just keep Daylight Savings all year long. It's nice having that extra hour of light at the end of the day.

I'm half asleep in the morning anyway, so I won't miss it there. But it totally blows getting dark at 5pm.

new topics

top topics

join