It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i was asked to join the freemasons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gdmfs2200

Ive been asked numerous times to join the masons. Their numbers and significance has slowly been declining the last 50 years. I was told almost everyone in my age group has no interest in joining the masons and they know they are becoming more irrelevant. Most likely your grandpa wanted to share the positive aspects of masonry with you. I dont believe the masons are a wholey evil group. Sure sone of their elite members may have agendas, but for the most part, at the lower rungs, they realky aredecent people. When you looj at the historical concept of the masons, they were adecent group. Their goal was to destroy the stranglehold religion and monarchies had over the world and replace it with a more svientific paradigm. The problem arose when it became "cool" to be in the masons. Then you had all the celebs and nobility wanting to join. Those type of people brought in their own agenda which was more selfish and not really about creating ascientific paradigm.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
Yes sir, it's worth joining. Once you become a "high level" Mason, you are taught to fly! Cool huh?

Having just finished my journey through the York Rite, I'm sad to say that I'm not a "high level" Mason, as I can't fly yet. Maybe it happens in the Scottish Rite?
Yes. It's probably in the 28th Degree essay in Morals & Dogma, but as that one chapter is more than 200 pages long, nobody has bothered reading it and the secret has been lost to the ages.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Just join them gee its your grandpa for godsake. if my dad asked me to join his lodge tommorow I would. His dad(my grandpa/pop) was 3rd degree mason. my dad has only recently joined up. I bet my dad wishes he had joined up while his dad was alive. Its bonding with your family.

Better than wasting your time on here because your actually socializing

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Flying is just the first "super power" you get. Just wait til you get a few chair degrees or invited to a few honorary bodies...can you say X-Ray vision!!??

When you reach Masonic Light's level, you're like the Yoda of Freemasonry. If you can get to Augustus's or ND's level you'll have the power to consume amounts of booze or sweet tea.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by KawRider9

Flying is just the first "super power" you get. Just wait til you get a few chair degrees or invited to a few honorary bodies...can you say X-Ray vision!!??

When you reach Masonic Light's level, you're like the Yoda of Freemasonry. If you can get to Augustus's or ND's level you'll have the power to consume amounts of booze or sweet tea.

It's already started! I consume large amounts of Budweiser AND sweet tea! Not at the same time though.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmaox
Exactly my thought when I read that. I know there's a lodge very close to me, but I honestly don't really know much about the masons. It would be an interesting prospect to look into.
From a bit further in that same lecture,

The fifth of these sciences, Geometry, is deemed principally essential in Masonry.

By it the architect is enabled to construct his plans and execute his de-signs; the general, to arrange his soldiers; the engineer to mark out grounds for encampments; the geographer to give us the dimensions of the world, and all things therein contained; to delineate the extent of seas, and specify the divisions of empires, kingdoms and provinces. By it, also the astronomer is enabled to make his observations, and to fix the durations of times and seasons, years and cycles. In fine, Geometry is the foundation of architecture and the root of mathematics.

The Moral Advantages of Geometry

Geometry, the first and noblest of sciences, is the basis on which the superstructure of Freemasonry is erected. By Geometry we may curiously trace nature, through her various windings, to her most concealed recesses. By it we discover the power, wisdom and goodness of the Grand Artificer of the Universe, and view with delight the proportions which connect this vast machine. By it we discover how the planets move in their different orbits, and demonstrate their various revolutions.

By it we account for the return of seasons, and the variety of scenes which each season displays to the discerning eye.

Numberless worlds are around as (all framed by the same Divine Artist), which roll through the vast expanse, and all are conducted by the same unerring laws of nature.

A survey of Nature, and the observation of her beautiful proportions, first determined man to imitate the divine plan, and study symmetry and order. This gave rise to Societies, and birth to every useful art. The architect began to design, and the plans which he laid down, being improved by experience and time, have produced works which are the admiration of every age.

The lapse of time, the ruthless hand of ignorance, and the devastations of war, have laid waste and destroyed many valuable monuments of antiquity, on which the utmost exertions of human genius have been employed. Even the Temple of Solomon, so spacious and magnificent, and constructed by so many celebrated artists, escaped not the unsparing ravages of barbarous force.

Freemasonry, notwithstanding, has still survived. The attentive ear receives the sound from the instructive tongue, and the sacred mysteries are safely lodged in the repository of faithful breasts.

Tools and implements of architecture, symbols the most expressive! are selected by the Fraternity, to imprint on the memory wise and serious truths; and thus, through a succession of ages, are transmitted, unimpaired, the excellent tenets of our institution.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

well like you said you dont know me outside this site and how i present myself on the web and how i present myself in real life are completely different while im on the web i dont care about grammar because here it doesnt matter now if i was getting paid to type on the web things would be different
edit on 7-3-2012 by gdmfs2200 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdmfs2200
reply to post by network dude

thank you so could you tell me is it worth joining what kinds of things do you do at lodge meetings and how often do you have to go to the meetings

We have stated meetings once a month. then there is degree work in between that. (not all the time, but as often as a new initiate comes in.) As a regular member, you are not "required" to do anything, but as with anything in life, you get out what you put in. So if you truly want to learn about masonry, you have to be active and learn as much as you can about it.

I would suggest asking as many questions as you can and let your heart guide you. It's one of the best things I ever did for myself and my only regret is that I didn't join sooner in life. But you have to decide on your own if you have the time to devote to it.

One of the first things you are taught as an entered apprentice is that masonry is not supposed to interfere with your family or your work. A big problem with us and quite possibly the "secret" to masonry is we cannot say 'NO'. Good luck in your search.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

well like you said you dont know me outside this site and how i present myself on the web and how i present myself in real life are completely different while im on the web i dont care about grammar because here it doesnt matter now if i was getting paid to type on the web things would be different
No, but it makes an impression nonetheless. What if there were a Mason from your city on ATS reading this thread? Would he put 2 and 2 together when you applied at his lodge? Would you want to risk that chance? Or better to take the extra few seconds to compose your thoughts and communicate them intelligibly?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

---im not here for grammar lessons im here for answers to my questions----- if you dont wanna help answer those questions then go elsewhere like said i only want some answers not people judging me on my grammar or calling me a liar so can please get past all the nonsense

edit on 7-3-2012 by gdmfs2200 because: (no reason given)

Wait...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
If you can get to Augustus's or ND's level you'll have the power to consume amounts of booze or sweet tea.

My liver is so hard it can stop bullets.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

that's true.

Augustus has the theory that if you can exercise your muscles and make them stronger, then putting strain on your liver can only make it stronger. While it's an interesting theory.................

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Augustus has the theory that if you can exercise your muscles and make them stronger...

In that regard I was glad to see that you started to use some of the cross word puzzles I sent you.

They were in crayon, but hey, small steps.....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

utter twaddle - what you really need to do is urinate on your new apron - it will reveal the secret password you need

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I know they believe they have the secrets of the universe

Just for the record, the Masons do not claim to have the secrets of the universe.

Just sayin'
edit on 7-3-2012 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Augustus has the theory that if you can exercise your muscles and make them stronger...

In that regard I was glad to see that you started to use some of the cross word puzzles I sent you.

They were in crayon, but hey, small steps.....

so....I wasn't supposed to eat them? oops. my bad.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

so....I wasn't supposed to eat them?

No. Or shove them up your nose. But what is done is done.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I would ask to join

Seriously, if you don't join...you will be the "I could have joined, but didn't" type for the rest of your life...always wondering what it would have been like to be part of a brotherhood and organization that has roots as far back as the egyptians.

Might as well, and if you don't like it...you actually can quit.

I would say join. don't join to be a spy, or anything like that....just join and see what its all about..you may find you love it and it makes your life interesting. What you -can- give up to dispell myths, do so...but don't break secrets that are inconsequential just to become the jacktard of the organization.

Incidently, if your using ATS to become familiar with masons, you are doing it wrong. There are people on ATS that believe the boy scouts is a demonic organization...best not to get your info from the paranoid and delusional...get it first hand

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Swills
I do believe the Mason's say they never ask anyone to join their club but if people actually believed that they're probably gullible. Do you think that Mason's don't ask their son's to join?

I never said that they did not. The point I was trying to make is one should nto join because someone asked them. They should join because they wanted to.

His uncle is a high level Mason...

Everyone sounds like they know something until they throw out the 'high level' nonesense. What is a 'high level' Mason?

Either way, whatever your point is, I wanted to bring that up.

Not all Masons that join the club aspire to educate themselves in the ways of the Masons through study. My best friend, & his brother, who both became Mason's are the type that rarely go to meetings and definitely don't study Freemasonry, while their Uncle was the complete opposite.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

is it possible that you miss the Hippocracy of being someone who is not a member, telling someone who is a member about the group they are a member of?

I guess I will never know as much as the average Googler. The years of study and degrees are all lost in the abyss. I cannot believe I wasted all those years when all I had to do is watch You tube. I feel so cheated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join