It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh yeah!, X-5 flare just happened.. May be earth directed, Bring it Sun!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Wow just in time for Purim jewish holiday

Mar 5, 2012
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gave President Barack Obama a Purim Megillah scroll, which tells the story of how Jews prevailed over a plot to kill them in ancient Persia, which is present-day Iran.

Source

purim 2012 falls on march 7/8

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I wonder how far south the Auroas will be.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KewlDaddyFatty

Up, down as far as the South Pole

With a direct hit from these ones, KP will reach up to kp9, depending on the density and direction, will give auroras up to latitude 48
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Now there are a lot of reasons for this display being what it is. Namely, we're being bathed with the geo-storm of previous activity.

Nothing moves *THAT* fast...so please don't think this represents the effects of the X-5 that just happened. It doesn't. However, what IS causing this map's effects came much smaller than the one that just lit off the surface.

Again.. No panic. No worries to lose sleep over...but look at the map above and keep it in mind in a couple days when the storm from the 5 hits. That is why one doesn't want to be doing something where radio communications are "mission critical" or a matter of personal safety. Not for the time the storm is washing over our atmosphere, anyway. Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Shanit Ester March 7th
Purim March 8th
Shushan Purim March 9th.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm interested when space weather will tell us if it is earth directed! Hopefully they will know soon... I also wonder if this issue will go back onto the new topics page.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by David134
Not expecting a direct hit but that spot is turning toward us and is very active. Should be a intresting next few days.

If you check previous data from last september.
2011 Sept 24 - X1.9flare from region 1302 was in the same position as this one.
two days later kp index reached up to 9,on September 26 a strong to severe geomagnetic storm.

Lets wait and say what happens next.

edit: links for the data
www.solen.info...
Wiki
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-3-2012 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
wrong thread ack sorry
edit on 6-3-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Is this likely to bring aurora's and the northern lights? Something i've never seen but surely would love to.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Depends where you live, at what latitude

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Western Michigan...no idea what the latitude is. Supposedly people around here have seen them around here over the years....unfortunately i have not....although i try when there is a possibility.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

www.swpc.noaa.gov...
sorry im not to familiar with American states.
just choose your location or closest city in the drop down menu and check the table below.
Real time data of the kp index can be found here

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
i was wondering why the sun was so quiet and all the activity was shooting out the backside of the sun. This should be interesting to see if it does spark large earthquakes. Most have been between 5 and 6 lately. If big ones do start firing off this could be a connection, waiting and watching...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Nothing doom about it, however with
it facing earth we could get some
communication problems. And oh,
very beautiful auroras.

When would the Aurora's be visible? I recently moved to North Dakota and am hoping I will be able to see them. I live about 40 miles outside of Bismarck in a very small town of 700 people so we have almost zero light pollution here.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I prefer to watch this site, helios.swpc.noaa.gov...
it shows exactly where the aurora's can be seen. We are being hit right now with a cme for the 4th I believe. The associated cme for the x should arrive on the 8th or 9th, and will depend on whether or not it is earth directed

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Jude11...toward the end of the Youtube video you posted, he mentions something else about the sun being blacked out for a few seconds. Any clue as to what he was mentioning? Another celestial body in front of the sun? Some type of Eclipse?
edit on 6-3-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2012 by Alchemst7 because: add video

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Why would you want the sun to "bring it"?

Is your life really that boring that you would want a disaster to happen?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You must lose your life to gain life. My old self died, and I'm born a new. I'm just wanting Revelation to be fulfilled. Someday the earth will cleanse itself of the wickedness that is here. Just waiting for that to happen. If you are really interested read Revelation 16. I'm no judge but it sounds like you are worried about it. Remember people and things can harm your body, but they can't touch your soul. The only thing that can touch your soul, is the one who decides if you go to Heaven or Hell. (Plus everything in life is metaphors.) Your pre-concieved notion of what this means was implanted into your mind by society or the "world". Break free of the world, and you have no worries. Here is Revelation 16 starting at verse 7
7 And I heard the altar respond:

“Yes, Lord God Almighty,
true and just are your judgments.”

8 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. 9 They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Mattodlum because: Added Scripture

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Seems really BIG...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join