It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most astounding fact!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

But if you refer to material you should provide a link. Do you understand what translead implies? You used the term. Do you know what it means?

Your material is simply a paraphrase of some dubious commentary from people that do not understand science and misrepresent it in the name of religion. Is this the sort of attitude you aspire to?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Wow, that's some radical differentiation then.! It seems like every other planet got the really short end of the stick. But of course, you guy KNOW that happen. Pretty soon the nebula theories going to have some reckoning with some incontrovertible evidence.

Sorry you don't understand. These off the cuff remarks are somewhat unintelligible to me. Do you care to tell us where you are confused?

Hahaha, come on humble yourself a bit and admit that both our level of understandings are the same.

They are not the same.
edit on 7-3-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Well considering the Andes were created '100 million' years ago and these whales died '20 million' years ago, that would be a physical impossibility.

Orogenesis is not instantaneous. It is a continual process. The Andes are an extended chain of mountains that are being created even today. You need to stop reading dubious creationist hoaxes.

6000 years ago there weren't as many species as there are today. I'm sure you've done the head count. Also, some animals were taken in either sevens or twos.

That would be false for all parts of your statement except for the bronze age fairy tale portion.

Think for yourself man.

Take your own advice and stop listening to the charlatans that misrepresent in the name of the bible.
edit on 7-3-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I read the thread and it seems to be based on a single person's claim. That person seems to be a fraud. They killed someone through their unethical medical practices.

What do you say to the video?

Gaston NEVER claimed he could cure everybody. He stated that the likelihood of being cured depended on the amount of chemotherapy the person had undergone. Chemotherapy does irreprehensible damage. The woman stopped taking chemo and died.

Gaston is not a fraud. You have no evidence to prove that. Spectacular claims require extreme skepticism not outright bias. Open your mind, I thought you were more intelligent than that.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by stereologist

I read the thread and it seems to be based on a single person's claim. That person seems to be a fraud. They killed someone through their unethical medical practices.

What do you say to the video?

Gaston NEVER claimed he could cure everybody. He stated that the likelihood of being cured depended on the amount of chemotherapy the person had undergone. Chemotherapy does irreprehensible damage. The woman stopped taking chemo and died.

Gaston is not a fraud. You have no evidence to prove that. Spectacular claims require extreme skepticism not outright bias. Open your mind, I thought you were more intelligent than that.

Not sure why we're talking about this as it's COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC...however, there's ZERO evidence that this treatment has any positive effects. You see, the beauty about science is that it allows for peer reviews, which means others can test claims people make. And those tests clearly show that Gaston's snake oil is completely useless.

Religion on the other hand (at least Western religions) won't allow peer reviews. So even if you can prove that something is complete nonsense and not backed up by objective evidence (like that silly global flood), religious believers will go "lalalalalala, I can't hear you...you're wroooooong...lalalaala".

And THAT'S the main difference between science and religion (and pseudo-science like Gaston's work).

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Good thread. Yeah, it's amazing that something as simple as the iron in our blood shows our link to the stars. We are the universe.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The woman stopped taking chemo and died.

She died because she stopped taking an efficacious treatment and listened to that fraud. His useless treatments caused her death.

He is a fraud. He is the only one that sees these things. Use your god given ability to discern baloney from fact.

His spectacular claims are not repeatable. He is no different than the fraud in Italy that given several patients by getting them to believe baking soda cures cancer. These things he claims do not exist. They do not do what he claims.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It all comes back to this - the MOST ASTOUNDING FACT!

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”—Gen. 1:1.

Can't get away from this fact.

tc

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
reply to post by MrXYZ

tc

And that ladies and gentlemen is called PREACHING! Zero facts, zero evidence, just a random statement

I hope you realize that increasing the font size and making it bold doesn't make it any more credible

edit on 13-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

reply to post by MrXYZ

tc

And that ladies and gentlemen is called PREACHING! Zero facts, zero evidence, just a random statement

I hope you realize that increasing the font size and making it bold doesn't make it any more credible

got your attention, did it?

In any case, however poetic Mr. Degrasse Tyson describe what things are made of - it still boils to to this - who created the very first atom? Where did the very first atom came from - the singularity?

know what I mean?

tc

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

tc

In any case, however poetic Mr. Degrasse Tyson describe what things are made of - it still boils to to this - who created the very first atom? Where did the very first atom came from - the singularity?

know what I mean?

tc

Using your logic, who created God?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

All you're doing is filling a gap in knowledge with magic...prime example of god of the gaps

And the sad part is, you're calling it a fact

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

That is not a fact. Facts are not determined by such statements. This is from one of two distinct creation myths in the bible. These creation myths were best guesses by the authors and do not reflect the fossil evidence which are facts.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Did you think that God looks like us - humans?

In His image, was man made. So written in Genesis.

What is His image?

Ponder upon it and know what Light is. Our human body is but only a physical shell.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

tc

know what I mean?

tc

SO I take it that your answer to my Q is no other than Jehovah God (YHWH) and you now shifted the Q to "who created God".

Using logic and common sense - no one - He always existed! Just like infinity, just like space always existed, just like things that are beyond the realm of science.

"He Always Existed" - The Uncreated One is the only logical answer to the ultimate question - who created God.

The Source of E=mc2.

tc,

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by edmc^2

That is not a fact. Facts are not determined by such statements. This is from one of two distinct creation myths in the bible. These creation myths were best guesses by the authors and do not reflect the fossil evidence which are facts.

OK - tell me this then enlightened one, is Infinity a myth?

That there's no such thing as INFINITY?

pi anyone?

I await your answer.

tc.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

All you're doing is filling a gap in knowledge with magic...prime example of god of the gaps

Fact is you don't have an answer to my simple q.

Now that's a fact!

tc.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

tc

know what I mean?

tc

SO I take it that your answer to my Q is no other than Jehovah God (YHWH) and you now shifted the Q to "who created God".

Using logic and common sense - no one - He always existed! Just like infinity, just like space always existed, just like things that are beyond the realm of science.

"He Always Existed" - The Uncreated One is the only logical answer to the ultimate question - who created God.

The Source of E=mc2.

tc,

Okay, so you're saying that God has always existed--but you cannot, will not, admit that if that is true, then it's also possible that life itself has always existed...in which case your God is redundant. Or, that there's no need for a "designer" in order for life to spontaneously emerge. In which case, your God is redundant.

Learn to think, man. You creationists and Bible thumpers don't even realize you're contradicting yourselves.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Okay, so you're saying that God has always existed--but you cannot, will not, admit that if that is true, then it's also possible that life itself has always existed...in which case your God is redundant. Or, that there's no need for a "designer" in order for life to spontaneously emerge. In which case, your God is redundant. Learn to think, man. You creationists and Bible thumpers don't even realize you're contradicting yourselves.

OF course - life always existed because God always existed. As the ultimate source of life - he had the capacity to share life. Thus the Creator of Life. Simple as that. Learn to think man.

As for redundancy, there's ONLY ONE Creator - Jehovah God. No one created him thus no redundancy. Why you can't figure this out I don't know.

Question is - if you can't believe that God exist, why do you believe that there's such thing as Infinity and infinite space?

tc.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

Fact is you don't have an answer to my simple q.

Now that's a fact!

tc.

Nobody has...which is why rational people including scientists simply admit that they "don't know (yet)". You on the other hand simply can't deal with that and therefore fill a lack of knowledge with magic (aka god). As I said, you're presenting one prime example of "god of the gaps" after the other...thanks for that

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join