It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most astounding fact!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by MrXYZ

Atoms are a base unit of matter with a specified energy content. If they lump together, they create molecules...which is EXACTLY what's happening in stellar nucleosynthesis. And since we're all composed of molecules like carbon, and we know how those form, we can state that the very molecules everything we know of exists of are produced by dying stars.

wow you are a smart man, you know more than the quantum physicists.. You still have not told me what energy is!

1) How about googling it yourself?
2) How does that change the FACT that the base molecules we and everything else are composed of are created by dying stars?

Clearly you haven't even bothered to read up on stellar nucleosynthesis. And no, I don't know more than those astronomers because I'm merely stating what they discovered...links are above

edit on 6-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I had a world view of science twenty years ago, before I embarked on a scientific education. I will tell you with certainity that we really know very little. What is this 3d space around us. Can you make it..? What is time..? Why is there order to the universe... What are we.. We dont know.
Learn past your highschool education.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Clearly you haven't even bothered to read up on stellar nucleosynthesis

Oh that theory...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by MrXYZ

Oh that theory...

You might wanna read up on what a scientific theory is...because clearly you don't know

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

1) How about googling it yourself? 2) How does that change the FACT that the base molecules we and everything else are composed of are created by dying stars?

lol so you answered my question and when i told you that you have not infact answered it you tell me to get the answer yourself.

So I will recpap what you are saying here.. We are made of atoms and an atom is made of energy but i cannot tell you what energy is..but I know what I am talking about..

Really I think your foundations are a little rocky here. Time to rethink if I was you.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

I had a world view of science twenty years ago, before I embarked on a scientific education. I will tell you with certainity that we really know very little. What is this 3d space around us. Can you make it..? What is time..? Why is there order to the universe... What are we.. We dont know.
Learn past your highschool education.

Again...what does that have to do with the fact that the molecules we consist of are made in stars??

Next you're gonna state that we can't accept the theory of gravity because we don't know how the universe came to be in the first place (and mix in another ad hominem attack). Or that we can't use germ theory because we don't know how life first formed

We are made of atoms and an atom is made of energy

Atoms aren't made of energy

When they react with eachother they create energy. Atoms are a base unit of MATTER! You might wanna read up on atoms

but I know what I am talking about

Clearly you don't

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

reply to post by MrXYZ

Oh that theory...

You might wanna read up on what a scientific theory is...because clearly you don't know

Oh I know what a theory is.. No matter what prefix
I could even explain it to you in greek if you like

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I have read the information you linked on scientific theory and am a little confused... I was expecting information on scientific fact. Please contact me with further particulars..

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I have read the information you linked on scientific theory and am a little confused... I was expecting information on scientific fact. Please contact me with further particulars..

It's in there...read it again

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Atoms aren't made of energy When they react with eachother they create energy. Atoms are a base unit of MATTER! You might wanna read up on atoms

This is fantastic it really is.. May I ask please what are these base units of matter made from please...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Why dont you explain it to me then. I have read it and the article in my eyes defines scientific theory, that is the title of the document... Where are these scientific facts...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Atoms aren't made of energy When they react with eachother they create energy. Atoms are a base unit of MATTER! You might wanna read up on atoms

This is fantastic it really is.. May I ask please what are these base units of matter made from please...

I'm not gonna summarize the links I posted for you...how about you read them?

Fact is, atoms aren't energy as you wrongfully stated

Energy Matter (=atoms)...do you even understand the difference?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Atoms are a base unit of matter with a specified energy content. If they lump together, they create molecules...which is EXACTLY what's happening in stellar nucleosynthesis. And since we're all composed of molecules like carbon, and we know how those form, we can state that the very molecules everything we know of exists of are produced by dying stars.

wow you are a smart man, you know more than the quantum physicists.. You still have not told me what energy is!

Because it's OFF TOPIC and doesn't change the FACT that base molecules are made inside stars...which is all that video states.

As for your "I don't know what facts are":

A fact is not a statement of certainty, but through repeated confirmation the things or processes they refer to are generally accepted as true according to the reliability of inference (inductive, deductive, and abductive). Facts refer to "events that occur" or "the state of being of things" that can be publicly verified, proven through experiment, or witnessed by direct observation.

LINK

And guess what, that includes the theory of evolution and stellar nucleosynthesis

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ok that Epic fail is enough to understand that you have no idea whatsoever. I'm outta here

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Ok that Epic fail is enough to understand that you have no idea whatsoever. I'm outta here

In other words, you're out of arguments and run away with your tail between your legs

Great approach to have on a discussion board

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Hey bud..if you have time watch this... Its called what the bleep do we know.. it is a mosaic of cutting edge understanding and it shows were our understanding breaks down. It is a real eye opener and well worth a watch..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Your argument is nonsense. What you state is of no interest in this discussion.

For example, I can study wood and its properties without knowing it is made of atoms. Your claim that it is necessary to understand what energy is boils down to the worn out cliche that we don't understand everything. That has no bearing on whether we know something or even a great deal about something.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You cannot claim to understand something at complex as a biological system if you do not even know what is made of. Its like saying I know what buildings are made from but I do not know what a brick is. Its important to know the limitations of knowledge to go further.
Science works on models of the universe. But it is important to remember to understand that these are models. They show approximations of understanding. If we want to increase our understanding we need to look at what we dont know. Not what we think we know.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

reply to post by stereologist

You cannot claim to understand something at complex as a biological system if you do not even know what is made of. Its like saying I know what buildings are made from but I do not know what a brick is. Its important to know the limitations of knowledge to go further.
Science works on models of the universe. But it is important to remember to understand that these are models. They show approximations of understanding. If we want to increase our understanding we need to look at what we dont know. Not what we think we know.

So I guess all those doctors treating patients should just give up because they don't know how life started in the first place, right? Because that's essentially what you're saying...because according to you, they can't know what they're doing

In this case, we KNOW that molecules are created inside stars...and to make that statement doesn't require you to understand how the universe came to be in the first place. The same goes for evolution for example, we KNOW how it happens...hell, we're actively applying it in modern medicine...but we don't know (yet) how life started in the first place, and neither do we need to given that we KNOW the theory is sound because we're actively applying it.

According to your "logic", nothing is known...because you can always go one step further back. So gravity and thermodynamics are unknown because we don't know how many dimensions there are for sure, or the flu isn't treatable because we don't know how life started.

That's complete and utter nonsense

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I agree with much of what you state, but it is not important to know what a brick is in all cases. Just as I do not have to know about atoms to understand the properties of wood. Models of brain activity may involve consideration of neurons. Can ideal gas laws be derived without knowing about atoms or molecules?

You appear to be claiming that knowledge is an all or none proposition. I have run into that in the work place. Weird, but true. There is the claim that a test is no good if it only covers 95% of the cases.

OH Noooooooooo!

More cases have to be constructed as an effort is made to gt 100% coverage.

The same applies here. It is possible to get a pretty good understanding of a system without knowing 100%. I do not think it is possible to know everything about any system. That does not mean we do not understand that system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join