It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Space Station is in Overdrive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
China will have a space station similar to the Russian Mir Space Station by 2020. Ironically, 2020 is also the same year the International Space Station is set to be retired or reach "End of Mission".

This image shows what the 60 ton space station will supposedly look like in 2020:

The West imaginatively calls it the Chinese Space Station (CSS). The Chinese will probably call it Tiangong (Heavenly Palace).

The CSS will be built by attaching modules to each other much like the ISS was:

The image above also shows the rendezvous and docking which occurred late last year between the experimental Tiangong-1 and a Shenzhou ferry spacecraft which looks similar to the Russian Soyuz spacecraft. Tiangong-1 was successfully launched on September 29, 2011. An automated Shenzhou rendezvoused and docked with it on November 2, 2011.

I guess by the 2020s we should get used to seeing images like this one:

Not to belittle the Chinese program, but is anyone else wondering what happened to the West's manned space program?

www.space.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
well good for china i suppose..only a matter of time before they are the new world power. weird thought but, true

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Then the Indian space program will join the Chinese in orbit, perhaps even the Ueropean's, (eventually)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Due to the economical crash soon, they only space they are due to go is underground and not above. It's highly unlikely that China would build a space station for people to travel to, It's to expensive and the idea won't last for long especially when you need advanced technology and equipment to build the space crafts. Unless we evolve into a new age of technology?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
i wonder why the Chinese too will have their space-station placed in a low Earth orbit instead of further away

is there a reason for not placing the orbit at say 1,000 miles or more
~anyone~

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

the US program moved into "black"-programms like satellite manipulations, space-weapons, space exploration (manned undercover mission due to living creatures on other planets like mars), building a base on the moon & building a infrastructure in space (Genisis Project)...

and thats what is "public" - just open your mind and you can see a lot of more possebilities what they are doing =)
edit on 29-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I wonder if this space station of theirs is going to be as fake as their space walks.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

fake like the moon mission?!?

- maybe going into space is impossible due to space-radiation...

- maybe both missions are as real as no person can make a fact based statement how things and everything work in space (except the people who went there)...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by Talltexxxan

fake like the moon mission?!?

- maybe going into space is impossible due to space-radiation...

- maybe both missions are as real as no person can make a fact based statement how things and everything work in space (except the people who went there)...

tu shea........
I was never on the fake moon landings until I saw the documentary "A funny thing happened on the way to the moon"

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Op, you ask:

"Not to belittle the Chinese program, but is anyone else wondering what happened to the West's manned space program?"

Would the US simply not have the forethought to have the next version of a space vehicle ready after the reign of the shuttle was over?

Did the US space efforts implode as did the Soviet programs because of lack of funding?

Would the US not think of the military advantages of a continued push for expansion and innovation into space, both is orbital and manned missions to the Moon if not Mars?

--Would/should you believe what they say?

Simply research the internet for mysterious triangle reports and you will have the missing part of the equation of why the US seems to be caught with its pants down. The triangles should be recognized as the derivative of the even more mysterious UFOs, fabulous secret weapons of warfare. The long-standing secrecy of the one has directly lead to the necessary secrecy of the other. It is common sense, really, and can be delinerated from news reports without having to get into accepting fanciful science-fiction senarios. --Or you can believe what they tell you to believe.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
China will have a space station similar to the Russian Mir Space Station by 2020. Ironically, 2020 is also the same year the International Space Station is set to be retired or reach "End of Mission".

This image shows what the 60 ton space station will supposedly look like in 2020:

The West imaginatively calls it the Chinese Space Station (CSS). The Chinese will probably call it Tiangong (Heavenly Palace).

The image above also shows the rendezvous and docking which occurred late last year between the experimental Tiangong-1 and a Shenzhou ferry spacecraft which looks similar to the Russian Soyuz spacecraft. Tiangong-1 was successfully launched on September 29, 2011. An automated Shenzhou rendezvoused and docked with it on November 2, 2011.

Not to belittle the Chinese program, but is anyone else wondering what happened to the West's manned space program?

www.space.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

What makes you think they have given up on it. Let me put this to you, the US retired the Shuttle and it was the only multi entry vehicle, we were still putting it in space using the same tech developed by the Germans in WW2. OK, are we agreed. Now tell me in what field of human endeavour are we still using the same tech 70 years on. Bearing in mind we are talking about the Industrial Military complex, with unlimited funds and the German engineers that created the tech in the first place (project paperclip) do you really think we haven't developed new tech that would outstrip 70 year old tech ? I'm sorry 'they' have either been extremely wasteful or we have been doing shed loads more than people have considered.

Think about it

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
I'm sorry 'they' have either been extremely wasteful or we have been doing shed loads more than people have considered.

Awww, how cute! You think governments make well thought-out decisions and long-range plans (not to mention can keep a secret).

My bet is on "extremely wasteful"

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i wonder why the Chinese too will have their space-station placed in a low Earth orbit instead of further away

~anyone~

Higher orbits have lower rocket payload mass.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

The MIC is far above the government. Keeping secrets is far easier, planning is far easier, nearly unlimited funds put forth for strictly military purposes/research etc. Comparing the failings of governments to the MIC isn't a good comparison. Seems crazy to me to think the MIC doesn't have their own space program, with WAY more funding than NASA ever had. These guys who are so intent on war and killing and profit, and you don't think they would develop space base weapons? These guys are so far ahead of the public it's not funny.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Interesting comments. It does seem like money is moving away from NASA into black ops and the DoD. Still it would be nice to have a PUBLIC space program. The one we have now focuses mainly on robotics, which may be wise, but even that was cut back in the last budget proposal.

I miss the heady days of Apollo, when Von Braun proposed landing a man on Mars in 1982 and establishing permanent bases on the Moon and Mars. I can just see Nixon's face when shown the amount of money Von Braun was asking for. He probably said "Fuggedaboutit"

Von Braun's dream:

www.astronautix.com...
www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

As stated in my post, thats exactly what i was hinting at, Von Braun et al, were working on some seriously advanced stuff and people still buy into the lie. Whats to say they havent already, the likes of us will never know. And to previous poster the elected figure heads change every 4 / 5 years, dependant on country do you really think they would be trusted with info like that, i dont, but the Generals, Admirals, Colonels etc they are in a job for life. Eisenhower and Bush may have had an inkling, Ike being a military man and having 1st hand experience of Foo fighters and Bush as head of the CIA. Even Tesla was working on some fantastic stuff, ever wonder why all his work was acquired by the military ?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Yap, he/she is absolutely right. NASA may have put their manned space efforts to rest for the next few years, but that doesnt mean that there isn't a shuttle replacement in the works. And anyhow, NASA technology and funding wise isn't even comparable to the military space efforts. I bet all my money that the military has more manned workforces up there (or as they call it non-terrestial servicemen) than most would like to believe. One cannot really blame them for the secrecy sorrounding this very topic, especially in the light of chinas and russias recent space amibitons. The space race never ended, in fact it got a lot more intense and complex than ever before.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
DoublePost, please delete.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

~anyone~

Cost.

It is cheaper to put the parts of the space station in low earth orbit in the first place, and cheaper to get astronauts and supplies there once it's built. If you want them to go 750 miles higher, it will take more thrust, more fuel, and bigger rockets to get all of that mass and weight into a higher orbit.

Would there be a benefit to placing it in a higher orbit?

edit on 2/29/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

www.space.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

What makes you think they have given up on it. Let me put this to you, the US retired the Shuttle and it was the only multi entry vehicle, we were still putting it in space using the same tech developed by the Germans in WW2. OK, are we agreed. Now tell me in what field of human endeavour are we still using the same tech 70 years on. Bearing in mind we are talking about the Industrial Military complex, with unlimited funds and the German engineers that created the tech in the first place (project paperclip) do you really think we haven't developed new tech that would outstrip 70 year old tech ? I'm sorry 'they' have either been extremely wasteful or we have been doing shed loads more than people have considered.

Think about it

The purpose of the manned space program since apollo ended has mostly been to give Nasa and the rocket contractors (with lots of lobbying power), something to do with the pork. Its been a form of welfare and should be judged as such.

Thats not to disparage the many brave and smart people who have attempted and sometimes achieved impressive things within the constraints of a rudderless bureaucracy that answers to scientifically ignorant and gormless politicians.

The military has been doing its own thing for a while and we probably don't know the half of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join