It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 99% Spring... Get ready for it... The previous antics were just a test for the big call

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It's no secret that the Occupy group has been realigning it's mission throughout the recent winter months. The camps were left behind and office space has since been leased and staffed. This is what they came up with.

Can't say you have not been warned. We heard the same rhetoric before the first movement and look at what happened across the nation. That movement started with good intentions....

The choice is in our hands. This spring, we will act on that choice and rise up in the tradition of our forefathers and foremothers. We will not be complicit with the suffering in our families for another year. We will prepare ourselves for sustained non-violent direct action.

From April 9-15 we will gather across America, 100,000 strong, in homes, places of worship, campuses and the streets to join together in the work of reclaiming our country. We will organize trainings to:

Tell the story of our economy: how we got here, who’s responsible, what a different future could look like, and what we can do about it
Learn the history of non-violent direct action, and
Get into action on our own campaigns to win change.

This spring we rise! We will reshape our country with our own hands and feet, bodies and hearts. We will take non-violent action in the spirit of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Gandhi to forge a new destiny one block, one neighborhood, one city, one state at a time.

Visit the website its a who's who of the left
the99spring.com...

So, they want to train in our churches and schools eh?? For What!!
Wouldn't it be convenient for the current administration if all this unrest that they have planned trickles into the November Election. Widespread civil unrest could actually suspend the election. That would be just ok for the sitting POTUS.

Also interesting? It appears the domain for the 99% Spring was registered by the leftist group MoveOn.org (also a signer of the letter).

www.theblaze.com...

That innocent little Occupy movement has certainly morphed. But, we saw it coming a mile a way... Keep your eyes open and your ears to the tracks...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I suppose it'll be interesting to wait and see for how things have changed over the winter. I know the Occupy I've stayed in close touch with has totally fallen to pieces as have several it was in cooperation with back on October and November. So...Who and How others reformed out of Offices and from people wearing suits will be very interesting to see, indeed.

It's not like this is shocking. In fact it was the rage and hate AGAINST doing exactly what they've come to do that I found so amusing last year. Naive just didn't cut it sometimes. Now though, I'm waiting to hear someone explain how they haven't become exactly what they hate in the effort to defeat it in the long run. I'm not saying they have or haven't sold out entirely...that is a personal opinion. They would do well to at least address the appearances though..

Of course, I'm questioning the Almightly Occupy..so I must simply be a right wing hater and bigot...or so I'm being told more and more often by the simplest of questions or challenge in ideas or goals being raised. Oh well..

.9% is more like the numbers in a nation of 330+ Million individual people. But...if 99% floats people's boats to use as a tag line. So be it...... Accuracy never has been the top concern, anyway.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What exactly is scary here?
Or threatening in the least?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So they've given up on world change while it's a bit cold, but they'll be back out to play in spring, when they can wear t-shirts again.
YAAAAY

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I would advise them to be careful.

If it is an action by them to suspend elections. They will lose all hold over this country. The America they learn about is not the America that will respond.

If they think they can simply put a cap on it after they achieve their desired results, then they are retarded.

It will never boil over until the government that is currently in power is so far from DC that it can't see it with HUBBLE.

Once they light that fire, they will burn in it too. There is no off switch for an American revolution.
I hope they re-think this before it's too late.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

They've been active all winter. Just because you didn't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. They're quite active today as matter of fact, let's see if you can find out what they're doing today.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

Actually you may be interested in this. No plans to delay voting, that would seem counter to their ideals IMHO.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So, as a marked occupier, what are you doing to prepare for the 99% Spring? Or did you just find out about it here?

These people certainly do not scare me in the least bit. They do however ensure that I am aware. We all know how these sit ins ended up last year. Just ask the Oakland Mayor who once lauded the Occupy movement. She's about as hard left as a Major metropolitan mayor can be.

Springtime will put a whole new face on the Occupy movement of the good old days... Sorry Kali but you are about to get muscled out by the professionals. I know that you are smarter than that. Think twice and ask questions.

These same organizers are gearing up for the May G8/NATO Summit in Chicago. Some of the same organizers who were involved in the Chicago Riots of 1968 during the Democratic National Convention. Unfinished business?
edit on 27-2-2012 by jibeho because: TYPO

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by casenately

Actually you may be interested in this. No plans to delay voting, that would seem counter to their ideals IMHO.

If they had any legitimate interest in our political system they would be using different tactics altogether. They would have candidates in place and forums to discuss policy development like adults. I don't see that happening.

The timing of Obama's signature on NDAA and all it encompasses is just in time to be put to the test.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

We will organize trainings to: Tell the story of our economy: how we got here, who’s responsible, what a different future could look like, and what we can do about it Learn the history of non-violent direct action, and Get into action on our own campaigns to win change.

Well at least they're even thinking of some sort of organized message this time, curious to see if this will turn into as much of a ****show as last year. I hope they at least educate better on possible alternatives. I'll never forget the first few news reports in town, they hand picked the most ignorant people and made the whole movement look like a bunch of hippies whining cause they have to work. Shame when there are actual intelligent ideas emerging from many of them.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I'm not following where you're going. Occupy was pushed out of public space, which even if you hate Occupy should piss off any American. So, they're getting indoor space...schools and churches have long been open for community activities...Occupy Boston has been using a church for GA's since eviction.

As for your second reply, there are many ways to become political without running for or holding elected office. Occupy has all along been about exposing the corruption in our bought government. This falls perfectly in line with Occupy.

ETA: Also they do have forums and policy is a big topic for all of Occupy. Again, as I have said before, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You should question why you don't see it, yet it remains part of the political vocabulary either in negative or would be seductive ways.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Deplume

They've been active all winter. Just because you didn't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. They're quite active today as matter of fact, let's see if you can find out what they're doing today.

They have been busy leasing office space in Chicago. Wonder who is picking up the $5600/month in rent?
articles.chicagotribune.com...

Also in NYC. They're getting anonymous checks to pay for it. Amusing! They don't even care who the money is coming from. Just cashing checks. Seems a little Ironic to me

Whatever Occupy Wall Street (OWS) is, it has a new office two blocks from Wall Street. Since Nov. 7, activists have been quietly occupying 2,500 sq. ft. of workspace located on the 12th floor at 50 Broadway. The rent is $5,400 a month and paid for by anonymous donors. "I don't even know their names," office coordinator Bianca Bockman says of the space's backers. "There are checks being written to pay the rent."

Read more: www.time.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

What exactly is scary here?
Or threatening in the least?

There is nothing threatening or scary. By the same token, I find absolutely nothing scary or threatening about trespassers or shoplifters either. Similarly, I want them arrested and prosecuted every time they can be cornered and caught, too.

Last year was a protest. This year, SO FAR ANYWAY, it's shaping up to be dropping the best and peaceful approaches of last season for the worst and most agressive and confrontational approaches this season.

Well... To each their own. I hope the misguided souls of the Occupy Revolutionary Movement (Not to be confused with the former protest movement) aren't seriously hurt or killed in the process of being put down. Having said that..... while throwing balloons full of Urine and breaking up lawful meetings of other groups are among the top ideas? Well...I'll have to say I not only root for those who are putting Occupy down this time...I'll HELP in that effort, in any way I can. If Occupy wants to get violent? Please....do that in my town.

I stood WITH Occupy to protest..and I'll stand AGAINST them to help crush them, now that they've become something dark and toxic.

Occupy started as our last, best hope. I truly believe that. It's ended as the worst idea as it's morphed into something Ho Chi or Lenin would recognize immediately and be very proud of.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

And? Still not following you.

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Last year was a protest. This year, SO FAR ANYWAY, it's shaping up to be dropping the best and peaceful approaches of last season for the worst and most agressive and confrontational approaches this season.

Indicated by what?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Oh yes you to have seen behind the drawn curtain,NDAA2012 goes in to law in March, only 100,000 to what be round up like cattle by a few 250,000 State DHS FBI and local PD across the country. And this could be the match to light fuse, suspend the Constitution in a National Emergency, called civil unrest by OWS. seems like some one will get their wish, and I do not think it will be OWS.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well what a coincidence that NDAA comes in force in a week.

Won't be long too that the government starts a big war to divert attention so Occupy get no media attention.

If Occupy wants to really change things, they need to encircle Washington DC... and stay there till the entire federal government resigns. States need to send their national guards to stand beside them so cops don't attack people.

Half measures won't work with the tyrants in DC. Normal protests, strikes or votes won't change a thing.

They have to FEAR the people so much that they have to resign and flee. Other than that, they won't listen.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's time for freedom loving Americans to put down this communist insurrection with the full force of the police state.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Oh that's just fine get checks from an unknown source!!!! Taliban and other terror groups come to mind that would be willing to fund the upheaval of the USA, one more reason I do not back the OWS one must know who and how you are being funded .

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They just got "permission" back from a judge today that says they can go back to the parks they were camping out in, just can't camp out there anymore. Slipped one more noose...sort of. It amazes me how well the commie lazy hippie rhetoric works against weak minds. "Yeah deny them their Constitutional rights, beat up them there hippies what want to...what do they want anyway?"

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

never happen the resignation that is not with out blood shed, or trail of some sort, that to would not happen, the PTB have become to strong and powerful to be driven out by just say so, yea vote but all that does is replace on with an other, it does not change the laws or the way things are done. Same old same old with a new name and face

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join