It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
funny how those defending stratfor
especially subscribers had no problem with stratfor
"reading other peoples mail"/spying on others and then selling that info

but when they are spied on:

"oh noz! they haz violated my privacy!"

lie down with dogs
and you'll get fleas
or a case of the mange

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

To say there is no privacy is to deny that hacking is the same as using a crow bar to burglarize. It's the exact same thing. Just because I own a crowbar does not make it right for me to break into my neighbors house. Same thing here.

Sometimes when I say kids, I mean children in adult bodies. Adults take those skills and use them to make a career or support themselves and their families. Kid's get their rocks of by hacking into others private communications, adults work to protect us from them.

It would not break my heart if hacking peoples emails became a serious felony costing people long years in a cell. I include law enforcement in that of course. No warrant, the Cop goes to jail.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
reply to post by Wookiep

From what i have been told it will be in a few hours, But im sure there will be a bucket load trying to stop it after today's shenanigans,

They have already made it, it is Occupy the vote 2012, thought it was something major but seems not to be the case

On their facebook page they posted this under one of the comments
" announcement >> www.facebook.com... "

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Most of this so far is pretty blah ... they site a lot of news articles and random goings on around the world but still looking for something special that hasnt been posted yet. But in the meantime I thought this was interesting ...

Email-ID 1101457 Date 2010-02-11 00:13:41 From [email protected] To [email protected] (17:09) Bayless Parsley: you have been the latam analyst for like two seconds
(17:10) Bayless Parsley: how the # did you get all this
(17:10) Reva Bhalla: coffee
(17:10) Bayless Parsley: so that's what they're calling it these days, huh
(17:10) Reva Bhalla: haha
(17:10) Reva Bhalla: shut the hell up
(17:10) Bayless Parsley: amazing
(17:12) Bayless Parsley: it's a good thing G doesn't want you as the new africa analyst
(17:12) Bayless Parsley: risk of AIDS is too high
(17:12) Reva Bhalla: OMG
(17:12) Reva Bhalla: BAYLESS
(17:12) Reva Bhalla: #ING
(17:12) Reva Bhalla: PARSLEY
(17:12) Bayless Parsley: ????
(17:12) Bayless Parsley: i'm talking about if you have an open cut
(17:12) Bayless Parsley: and your source, also has an open cut
(17:12) Bayless Parsley: and you accidentally bump into him with open cuts!!
(17:13) Reva Bhalla: haha i hate you

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Email-ID

look at the way they info gather on behalf of Dow chemicals...and they watch what activists are doing and monitor their actions for their client.....

source

now don't be lazy here...go read through it....then look at the pdf's at the end......i bet we will come across statements made here ATS i mean not that it really matters as i have stated earlier if people are willing to publicly put online their
stuff then people like these have access to it......dirty dirty dirty......

but this is what it has come down to hasn't it.....

i bet tey have flagging software that they use too....key words that illicit a response.......welcome to the free world.

So it seems when pepople say they feel they are being monitored...you can't really call them nuts anymore......now some have been towing the line that some of these are forged to cover their sweet bottoms....but hey think about it ....just in this email alone it would make the hoax quite superior now wouldn't it.

keep reading....i have been reading the emails all day and i think i am almost more than half way through....

I am finding them interesting and if this is jsut a small portion of one company out of many it does put it into perspective of just how much all our actions are being monitored....not only online...but through all sources that these people can possibly get access through.......

this does show that conspiracy theorists are not far wrong now.....but the sheep will always keep their eyes closed.....And blaine you may have a logical approach to this in your mind....but this email is just one small sample of how this company is watching the activities of others on the bequest of a client.....so i hope this makes you feel all warm and fuzzy......heck maybe they be watching you too.
edit on 062929p://f47Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 062929p://f48Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by daveyboy1991

I think most of us are waiting for what they said would be the Goldman Sachs release.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveyboy1991

reply to post by Wookiep

From what i have been told it will be in a few hours, But im sure there will be a bucket load trying to stop it after today's shenanigans,

They have already made it, it is Occupy the vote 2012, thought it was something major but seems not to be the case

On their facebook page they posted this under one of the comments
" announcement >> www.facebook.com... "

Oh that's lame....If that's the announcement then they created a whole lot of hype for nothing.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

it really doesn't matter you get the jist of this company and they are spying on people for their clients....they use whatever methods availible and they sell that info to their clients without any qualms of how it might affect others.....they are dirty and the more i read the emails....the more dirty they are.....just read some of the bhopal and dow chemical emails...and you will see how they use the info to better their odds in court so they don't have to be responsible for the people killed in that disaster.....oh maybe people forget how many people died in that one.....

The Bhopal disaster (commonly referred to as Bhopal gas tragedy) was a gas leak incident in India, considered one of the world's worst industrial catastrophes.[1] It occurred on the night of December 2–3, 1984 at the Union Carbide India Limited (UCIL) pesticide plant in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. A leak of methyl isocyanate gas and other chemicals from the plant resulted in the exposure of hundreds of thousands of people. Estimates vary on the death toll. Methyl isocyanate (MIC), a heavier-than-air gas, leaked from Tank 610 allowing 30 metric tons of the existing 42 tons to escape into the atmosphere in a matter of 45 to 60 minutes[2]. The toxic substance made its way in and around the shantytowns located near the plant[3] . The official immediate death toll was 2,259 and the government of Madhya Pradesh has confirmed a total of 3,787 deaths related to the gas release.[4] Others estimate 3,000 died within weeks and another 8,000 have since died from gas-related diseases.[5][6] A government affidavit in 2006 stated the leak caused 558,125 injuries including 38,478 temporary partial and approximately 3,900 severely and permanently disabling injuries.[7] As many as 25,000 deaths have been attributed to the disaster in recent estimates.[8]

source

bring back any memories.......I remember and it was a horrible day to say the least.....and Dow is using stratfor to duck out on responsibility as a means of damage control.....wheres the ethics in that....but i guess hey....the poor chemical company.....how sad.
edit on 062929p://f58Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
personally after this i think the Olympic committee should ban Dow from being allowed to sponsor anything to do with 2012 .....If they are willing to spend their money on stratfor to try to counter any negetive publicity that might damage their chance of corporate sponsorship then they obviosly do not need the advertising do they the pigs.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by daveyboy1991

I think most of us are waiting for what they said would be the Goldman Sachs release.

Is there a backstory already on what is expected about Goldman Sachs?

Thx.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by arbiture

Woodward and Bernstein might think your stance is a bit screwy.

We are an ever changing world, and the press is changing too. Wikileaks is a press group, they haven't stolen anything.

The nature of "the press" does not provide for stealing private e-mails. To think you can compare the same is ridiculous. A press group? Fine, then why do people accept things that WL has done that if the press (in that case the Washington Post) had done the same in 1973 which by the nature given todays technology is not even open to comparison, would have been a blatant violation of privacy.

WL is an opportunistic money making "GOTCH" rag at best. Pray you have nothing "juicy" that the benighted Assenge thinks will sell and he can get his hands on. Did you have a problem with Rupert Merdocs "News of the World" tapping into peoples phone calls and reading private e-mails? Your logic would indicate thats OK. Not to me, and lord knows not to those who were violated.

Both the "target"of what Woodward and Bernstein and how it was presented was not slipped under the door of Bill Bradley's office before he decided to publish. He was direct and open about everything about the why, how and who was involved. Mark Felt, or "Deep Throat" former FBI was only named AFTER he himself revealed his name. They respected his wish to not reveal his name until Felt died. Felt did so himself while very much alive. Watergate was an abuse of power, the violation of both the Constitution and law regarding at least the cover-up by Nixon (though Nixon famously said "if he President does it, its legal" The closest comparison to what WL did was what Rupert Mudocs organization did. NOT the Washington Post courtesy of Woodward and Bernstein.

link   

reply to post by AlanQaida

Some others bits that have been highlighted in todays events that you may agree that are a little interesting,

Revealed so far is the following:

—Former Goldman Sachs managing director Shea Morenz to start a hedge fund called StratCap. The idea, which Morenz came up with, was that the company would “trade in a range of geopolitical instruments, particularly government bonds, currencies and the like.” Morenz invested more than $4 million and joined Stratfor’s board of directors. They put together an offshore share structure that went “as far as South Africa” Friedman said the fund will be useful and they would be “working on mock portfolios and trades.” And, the fund was to launch in 2012.

—Bhopal activists and The Yes Men were being spied on by the company. In response to activism against Dow Chemical for their role in the 1984 gas disaster in Bhopal, India (which victims have not been properly compensated for yet), the activists were tracked. The company kept track of the Yes Men’s speaking engagements along with mentions of Bhopal activism in the media.

—Coca Cola contracted Stratfor to spy on PETA. The organization, which engages in animal rights activism, was monitored. The soda company feared protests from PETA during the Vancouver Olympics. And so, they sent a list of questions to Stratfor and sought answers. Fred Burton, a former State Department official, responded in one email, “The FBI has a classified investigation on PETA operatives. I’ll see what I can uncover.”

—Vice President Fred Burton, former State Department official, has clear ties to Israel. As Al-Akhbar English’s Yazan al-Saadi details Burton was ”a special agent with the US Diplomatic Security Service and was appointed by Washington to investigate the assassination of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, the assassination of Rabbi Meir Kahane, and a number of bomb plots by al-Qaeda prior to 9/11.” In the emails, his “pro-Israeli sentiments and links to Israeli military and intelligence sectors” are apparent as he argues the Gaza Freedom Flotilla was “funded by questionable sources.” There’s a level of racism in the company toward Palestinians or, in general, Arabs, not to mention the fact that the organization appears to be privy to information on the Mossad’s covert program to assassinate Iranian physicists.

dissenter.firedoglake.com...

Its all very interesting! I have read those too, and previously being contracted to coca cola I know what they are like. Devious scumbags!

link   
reply to post by plube

now you know why people hate lawyers....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
$100 that Manning testifies against Assange, saying Assange coerced him into getting the classified material. In fact, i believe that's why he's been in solitary confinement - to perform psyops on him.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Strafor is an opportunistic money making "GOTCH" rag at best.... I really dont see the difference.......

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

yes well i could not agree more...It just all stinks to high heaven....it may not be right that the emails were hacked but companies like this are just the same as the epople who hack them....that is why a thief will never trust a thief.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Originally posted by Soshh

Below is a statement from Stratfor on release of company emails by Wikileaks:

In December, thieves compromised Stratfor's data systems and stole a large number of company emails, along with other private information of Stratfor readers, subscribers and employees. Those stolen emails apparently will be published by Wikileaks. This is a deplorable, unfortunate — and illegal — breach of privacy.

Some of the emails may be forged or altered to include inaccuracies; some may be authentic. We will not validate either. Nor will we explain the thinking that went into them. Having had our property stolen, we will not be victimized twice by submitting to questioning about them.

For subscribers and friends of Stratfor, we stress that the disclosure of these emails does not mean that there has been another hack of Stratfor's computer and data systems. Stratfor's data systems, which we have worked hard to rebuild since the December hack, remain secure and protected.

As with last year's hack, the release of these emails is a direct attack on Stratfor. This is another attempt to silence and intimidate the company, and one we reject. Under the continued leadership of founder and Chief Executive Officer George Friedman, Stratfor will not be silenced and will continue to publish the geopolitical analysis our friends and subscribers have come to rely upon.

Full Statement

Stratfor Executive: "Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter-accusations"

Hmm... wasn't this said over an email thread about "stolen lunch" from the company fridge?

It sure looks juicier out of context.

-rrr

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by AlanQaida

Well so far from the main bulk of emails its the Jennifer Richmond and George Friedman ones that are worth reading,

other than that from what i can see there not been to much that you can get your teeth in to,

Still reading through

I missed this post,
I disagree, and sorry to regurgitate once again the names mentioned in the 'confederate partners' but particularly Nicholas Dawes, who has posted online in his Guardian, (South Africa) newspaper a mundane explanation for his name appearing in Wikileaks.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Was quite confusing to me based on what I did state. No offense was taken.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
StratCap = Goldman Sachs - Stratfor Connection

A fledgling 'hedge fund' collaboration project co-managed and seeded by Goldman Sachs to utilize any and all intelligence data gathered by Stratfor that can be used for profit.

Shea Morenz = ex-Managing Director and current financial advisor at Goldman Sachs. He will sit on board of Stratfor and become CEO of Stratcap.

Second, we are committed to supporting StratCap, a private fund that will begin operations some time this coming spring. What StratCap will do is use our Stratfor's intelligence and analysis to trade in a range of geopolitical instruments, particularly government bonds, currency and the like in the world's emerging markets. Shea Morenz initiated this idea and leads it. At the root of StratCap is a simple idea: Stratfor should put its money where its mouth is. It does not conflict with Stratfor, but is an extension of it.

Wikileaks
edit on 27-2-2012 by PINGi14 because: added who is Morenz info

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join