It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P. Diddy proclaims "black power" on national TV. Was it racist?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Yes, and Churchill was a drunk, smoker and another bunch of bad doings like sexual harassment, and Hitler was a vegetarian that loved animals and was very polite to his employees.

The actions of them don't diminish their words or wisdom with what they say to the public.

What he said was right. You don't need to label things like they are separate. Black americans are americans like any other, and if you celebrate things with isolation, people will eventually isolate you if they don't belong to the group.

What P.Diddy is doing is exactly that. Separating "their side" with "the other side", instead of pushing for unification.

And as for your example of Irish parades... ->LOL

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

You have yet to tell me which race I am racist towards.

I've asked a few times in this thread...no one seems to be able to tell me.

certainly white (you may well be white yourself, but this would not be unusual to find some whites with pyschological disorders that indulge in this group think behaviour which results in them hating their own "group").

Bottom line is you are a racist, and buy into dividing people into groups according to their skin colour and allowing certain groups to do things differently

Can you please provide some quotes of mine that show my "racism" towards whites???

Commenting on reality and that two phrases that use similar words have entirely different meanings does not make someone racist.

But someone like you and others that pretend that "everything is equal now" and that black people or other minorities have no reason to still strive for equality...may be a sign that you view minorities in a certain, non accepting, way.

edit on 27-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

oh i get it now. ...

you can disregard all that i said to you , for you will anyway.

For anyone who is really interested in unity , we first have to identify what is dividing us. The pretend class system placed by individuals in power throughout history , is the culprit.

Human priveleage based on characteristics IS a problem. If you want unity and deny it, you are not helping matters.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe
morgan freeman had an affair with his step granddaughter.

sadly the man is not all there.

Here we go, black racists demonising their "own" who do not toe the party line.........

Black History is American History , but sadly it is taught completely incorrect.

you are lucky, no white kid gets to learn history that praises him simply for having white skin

just wondering , do you think the irish parades are also racist? they're coming up....

You are comparing the state sanctioned education system which has a month devoted to the accomplishments of history according to having black skin...................with a parade related to nationality............holy moley

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

which specifc black person!?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin

Originally posted by Tifozi
Yes, it was racist.

I'm not going to elaborate on my own words. I would just like to leave you with a couple of quotes regarding racism in America:

-What do you think of Black History month?
-Ridiculous... I don`t want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.

-How do you think we could get rid of racism?
-Stop talking about it. I`m going to stop calling you a white man. And I`m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man.

Morgan Freeman.

Yep. I believe it was with Piers Morgan, that interview. Great quotes, and if everyone could get there, that mindset, it would be fantastic. I actually think the only race is human, but the differences being simply skin tone and culture. Skin tone and culture really don't make you a different "race". We're all human, we all bleed red. But getting people to evolve to that level of thought would require a paradigm shift in human thought, and we collectively aren't there yet. Very sad.

Morgan Freeman will marry his step-granddaughter
"The Shawshank Redemption actor has allegedly been having a decade long sexual relationship with E’dena. The affair is supposed to have started when E’dena was seventeen. "

I dare not say we all need to elevate to Freeman's level. The man , though an excellent actor, can not be trusted.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

That's called "character assassination".

What he has done in his private life does not invalidate what he said regarding racism. Period.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

churchill was also an illuminati member .

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

he was installed in the albion lodge of the ancient order of druids in 1908.

the picture is in the article

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

lol.

you know whats funny. i was talking about race relations with a known racsist white guy on another board. he kept telling me the difference between black people and n****s ala chris rock.

Its funny that when talking about race relations people will pull from NO leading black scholars, writers, professors and instead go with public entertainors.

You threw out Churchill to counter Morgan Freeman.

LOL. WHY should MORGAN freeman be even remotely qouted as an authority on race relations????????

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Encourage black separatism then complain about racism.
It;s a perfect circle. (insert synonym for yank here)
Raise your fiss's.

I think Morgan Freeman nailed it when he said the solution to racism was to "stop talking about it"
edit on 27-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

Yes yes yes and I thank profusely the poster that cited that quote. I wish I had used it in my opening post. I truly believe the constant focus on race is what fuels the hatred that still lingers so many decades later. I wasn't even alive during the civil rights movement so I feel like an outsider dealing with the backlash. I'm hoping after a few generations roll by it will calm down considerably.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

you know whats funny. i was talking about race relations with a known racsist white guy on another board. he kept telling me the difference between black people and n****s ala chris rock.

Another forum.

Another member.

Another discussion.

Not me.

Its funny that when talking about race relations people will pull from NO leading black scholars, writers, professors and instead go with public entertainors.

I gave quotes that are true and insightful. You continue to divert the attention to them without actually discussion anything of what he said. You go into this loop of character assassination, pulling arguments that have more to do with his private life (agreeing with that part or not) and not even considering the true basis in what he says.

It is true that while people continue to separate things, people will continue separated.

It is true that while people continue to label them-selfs apart from one-another, segregation and racism will continue to exist.

Yet, you continue with attacks to the person in question, disregarding what he said.

It could have been said by Santa Claus and will still be true.

You threw out Churchill to counter Morgan Freeman.

No. I gave another example of someone who has a "shady" private background, and compared that background to the importance of his words during WW2. Nobody has doubts of how inspirational and right he was about his public speeches.

Yet, you fail to understand that. Again.

WHY should MORGAN freeman be even remotely qouted as an authority on race relations?

Because he is black. And if I see a black person fighting for unity instead of "black power", I tend to support it.

I don't like racism, whatever the color of the person portraying it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think P.Diddy is a business man, more than a racist. He took an opportunity to promote his new network geared toward black people, at an event that had alot of black viewers. Perhaps it was ill advised, and shows his lack of experience and maturity, but I don't see it as racist.

Let's keep it real the,networks run and owned predominatly by white males target audiences all the time, they just spend more money on marketing firms to more subtly "target" groups to promote thier shows, lol, P.Diddy saved a few bucks on advertising, and very honestly told you who his target market was, black people. I don't fault him with that personally.
edit on 27-2-2012 by MountainLaurel because: spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

I think you should stop picking out a "token" black guy that agrees with your point of view and use that to claim you are in the right because a "black man" agrees with you.

And Tif..no offense...but you are just another European that seem to have a wildly different opinion of race relations than most in the United States do.

Read the thread again, those that are very very opposed to him saying "black power" are Europeans. I just think you have a different understanding of race relations...you probably don't have family or friends that went through the civil rights era...and you may not realize that there are still unique struggles that minorities go through in the United States.

If you listen to people from the US on ATS...no...you wouldn't know this either...because a lot of ATSers think "whites" are the current day "victims"...even though every statistic proves that wrong.
edit on 27-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin

Originally posted by Tifozi
Yes, it was racist.

I'm not going to elaborate on my own words. I would just like to leave you with a couple of quotes regarding racism in America:

-What do you think of Black History month?
-Ridiculous... I don`t want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.

-How do you think we could get rid of racism?
-Stop talking about it. I`m going to stop calling you a white man. And I`m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man.

Morgan Freeman.

Yep. I believe it was with Piers Morgan, that interview. Great quotes, and if everyone could get there, that mindset, it would be fantastic. I actually think the only race is human, but the differences being simply skin tone and culture. Skin tone and culture really don't make you a different "race". We're all human, we all bleed red. But getting people to evolve to that level of thought would require a paradigm shift in human thought, and we collectively aren't there yet. Very sad.

Morgan Freeman will marry his step-granddaughter
"The Shawshank Redemption actor has allegedly been having a decade long sexual relationship with E’dena. The affair is supposed to have started when E’dena was seventeen. "

I dare not say we all need to elevate to Freeman's level. The man , though an excellent actor, can not be trusted.

What he does in his private life has no bearing on these statements. Please, engage some critical thinking.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Tifozi

I think you should stop picking out a "token" black guy that agrees with your point of view and use that to claim you are in the right because a "black man" agrees with you.

1- It was an example of how people should view (not stand on) the whole subject.

2- He is not my token. It's a well known person, that everyone is familiar with, again, it was just an example. I could go and pick a whole set of quotes from african-american people that would portray the same thing.

3- Yes, it is my view. I'm not saying it's the rightful one. I'm saying it's mine, my opinion. I think people are still entitled to it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

I was around during the 60's and remember segregated bathrooms, water fountains, school integration - all that stuff. The US has come a long, long ways since then. I hate to see people of any color pushing separatism in any form.
I just wish everyone could be happy to call themselves "Americans" and not having to add some type of racial/geographic prefix.

link   
Black power & white power are not the same.

Black power = overcoming hardships,unity and being proud of self even though the world around you shlts on you.
White power = socio-paths running around trying to exterminate anyone that isn't white.

White folks where involved in organisations like the black panthers. I doubt you could find a black member of the KKK.

link   
reply to post by Tifozi

And I could go find quotes from well known black people who see "black power" as a call for unity and support.

It's the same as with people who complain about historical black colleges, or the NAACP, or the United Negro College Fund....they like to claim that if there were organizations like this that were historically "white"...it would be wrong. But they don't realize that these organizations came into being because there were no other options. In the past, there need to be "black" colleges because blacks couldn't attend any other college. These organizations weren't formed because black people wanted to be segregated...they formed because they were denied access to every other organization.

So to now point to those and call them racist is wrong...and in itself racist.

Context means everything.

In America
"White Power" = White domination over other races.
"Black Power" = Unity among blacks to help each other out.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

I was around during the 60's and remember segregated bathrooms, water fountains, school integration - all that stuff. The US has come a long, long ways since then. I hate to see people of any color pushing separatism in any form.
I just wish everyone could be happy to call themselves "Americans" and not having to add some type of racial/geographic prefix.

You are completely ignoring the fact that for over 200 years that minorities weren't welcomed to call themselves "Americans". But now it makes you uncomfortable, so you want them to ignore hundreds of years of mis-treatment and just do as they are told.

You lived the segregation...so that means so did many living black people. And you want them to just "forget about it" and move along huh?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

you know, I too noticed this type of behavior on the last Saturday Night Live when the joke was, not only will the Republicans not get their vote because of political rhetoric .. but because they're not white.

Immediately, I saw the double standard racism.

There is no way anyone could say that about voting against Obama for POTUS.

"as long as their not black." they have my vote..

but you cant speak about it without getting racist bashed..

its like they took a page straight out of the "anti-Semite" page..

doesn't matter how many UN offenses Israel has.. you speak to it, your an anti-semite..

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join