It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 2012 Conspiracy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Okay, it's just some food for thought but I've been trying to come up with a decent new thread to start on here, so here goes.…

It's a fact that people as a society, spend more money and borrow more often from banks, if they believe that the world is coming to an end. I do apologize for not supplying my sources as it was from a newspaper article 12 years ago.

So with that in mind, could it be possible that governments are backing the 2012 Mayan calendar theory? Urging marketing companies and film companies to stir up hype for the forthcoming apocalypse in order to get people separated from their money again? Including money they don't seem to have.

Here in the UK, if you watch daytime TV, you get force fed constantly with 'cash for gold' adverts and quick loan adverts from companies that charge over 1000% APR! Yet our government has just sat back and happily watched people throw themselves into debt, without any support etc. the only support I've seen is a few posters urging people not to borrow from loan sharks. (Probably because they don't see any of that money.)

Well that's my theory and I hope I get some positive feedback

Cheers. Pete

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
doomsday is so many different days, its just hard to give it any real credence. from my perspective.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well..I would say governments would have everything to gain from fear mongering. I see the cash for gold commercials everyday here in the U.S too. The elite bankers want you to borrow sooooo much money from them that your in debted to them forever. Let's face it, credit card companies are legalized loan sharking. They want you as their slaves, they need you as their slaves, period.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I see where you are going with this.. It could be shown plausible but there is no way of telling until time shows it too us, or if we find out from a higher credible power/source. It's like religion vs. evolution. Only time will tell and that's how it is.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
According to this guy's take, this culmination that's coming to a head is in direct conjunction to the Federal Reserve renewal of 100-years, scheduled for 2013. Needless to say it's most likely, not to pass. So in steps another monetary system to take its place.

I honestly don't know nor want to know much about politics. It's too corrupt for my blood. Plus, I'm too busy studying the aerosol spraying taking place world-wide.

What a friggin' mess!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I have also thought that we have been spoon-fed doomsday scenarios for a few years now on purpose. One has to wonder why, on the History Channel, they are giving us shows on a future doomsday, or shows on how to survive if TSHTF. How is this history?

As far as the loan sharking goes, that is as old as the hills. The buying and selling of gold is a better indicator of economic collapse. They are trying to take advantage of people by giving them low prices for their gold, when they know it will be $3000 an ounce before this is all over. They even have "gold parties" here in the States, where women can go in and sell their gold jewelry for a pittance.

What is really in store for us? Until it happens, all is just speculation.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I have also thought that we have been spoon-fed doomsday scenarios for a few years now on purpose. One has to wonder why, on the History Channel, they are giving us shows on a future doomsday, or shows on how to survive if TSHTF. How is this history?

As far as the loan sharking goes, that is as old as the hills. The buying and selling of gold is a better indicator of economic collapse. They are trying to take advantage of people by giving them low prices for their gold, when they know it will be $3000 an ounce before this is all over. They even have "gold parties" here in the States, where women can go in and sell their gold jewelry for a pittance.

What is really in store for us? Until it happens, all is just speculation.

Amen. And thinking about it, I see what you mean with reference to the history channel!

I suppose there's only one conclusion to the whole thing… "A fool and his money are soon parted."

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
They might be planning a gold confiscation.

They want as much in their coffers and as little as possible in public hands when they take it.

Could be a worldwide effort.

top topics

join