It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Anonymous hacks greek ministry! Threatens to whip away all citizen debt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Actually I hope they just do it. See what happens and make other Governments think for a moment...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Actually I hope they just do it. See what happens and make other Governments think for a moment...

Make other governments think for a moment...

It will make other citizens think for a moment. Greece will be in complete shut down if that sort of attack occurs.

The first people to suffer will be the lowest denominators and rapidly move up.

If this sort of stupidity did occur, Greece would have about a week to get it sorted (not even possible) before food shortages would start.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I hope they do it just to prove they can do something besides being nuances

seriously, you guys have high hopes... this is not a movie

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

It will trickle down getting worse as it goes. First of investors banks generally the higher classed people with alot of money will suffer slightly, maybe lose a few hundred thousand, nothing really for them. Then businesses will feel it because lack of investor support and credit so they will have to take losses. Then the working class will be hit, businesses will cut back on employees, some smaller ones will go out of business. This will cut exports etc. Cripple tourism, because if there is nothing there, people don't want to go on holiday there. Then with unemployment rising state benefits for living costs will go up, so the country will be in more debt, and with investors pulled out because of skiddies wiping out debt, so they're unwilling to invest against incase it happens again, the Greeks suffer.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xertious

Are you sure?

If the banks of Canada got hacked (for example), and all debt records deleted, the very first step would be a stop to all banking.

If all banking is ceased, even temporarily, you would see massive disruptions to basic entities...like grocery stores, as they operate on very short term distribution models.

Now translate that to a potential two to three week disruption.

No money to pay suppliers, no food delivered to grocery stores.

Now, for the wealthy, this is a fairly minor disruption, as they have multiple resource options to pull resources from, for example foreign banks still in operation.

For the average person, it could be disastrous. Having hard cash, but no product to buy. They could, conceivably, drive to other nations to obtain the goods required, but that would bring up another issue of a massive increase in costs to an otherwise overburden person.

Long story short, a bad plan by Anonymous, that will hurt the population they are trying to help far more than the intended target.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Thats what I said lol.
Banking stops, it will effect investors and bankers, aka the wealthy first. The rich people who have money in banking and investment. Wiping off the debt will have this automatic effect on this because its their money thats being invested into small businesses.
But yeah by businesses I mean from the big corporations to smaller businesses like grocery stores.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I think we agree in principal, but I'm not sure about the details.

I'm saying that any resulting 'punishment' that would be felt by the 'wealthy' would be moot, as the poor would have already starved to death.

What are you saying?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

That is what I'm saying, whats 100k to somebody who has multiple millions in wealth. Same amount to somebody who only has 100k in wealth is alot worse.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

100k is a lot to someone who has millions in wealth.... They didnt make money by spending money

stop demonizing the rich

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

100k probably means the same to them as it does to you or me.

As stated above, the rich did not get there by spending money frivolously.

The problem is that an attack on Greek banks, Euro banks, IMF, etc, is going to affect the average Joe just as certainly as it will affect the rich. And we don't have the resources to compensate for, or ride out, the ramifications.

If Anonymous was truly looking out for the 'people's' interests, they would just copy and distribute all of the banks and governments internal financial dealings to the public.

Would seriously hurt the rich without shutting down the country.

link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one

BREAKING NEWS! Anonymous hacks greek ministry! Threatens to whip away all citizen debt

If Anonymous were indeed to find a way to relieve millions of desperate people from the suffocating burden of debt to the banks, it would be the first act of theirs that I could feel good about.

Will keep an eye on this story. Thanks.
edit on 23-2-2012 by redoubt because: correcting coding

link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo

Originally posted by trust_no_one

ZERO-HEDGE

(www.ministryofjustice.gr...). while the pretext for the hacking appears to have been an arrest of the wrong people, is seems to have angered Anonymous to the point where they have left an extended message of demands on the Greek website, warning that unless the IMF withdraws from the country and the government resigns, all debts of Greek citizens will be wiped clean.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-2-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

*yawwn*

excuse me...

this anonymous thing seems like something out of a hollywood movie, all of it.

it kills me a little inside to even type this "anonymous" name down... this is just another way to keep the "internet savy" people busy and occupied, clucking away like a bunch of chikens in a chicken coop...

this "group" if its even that...is nothing more but another scheme but our rulers, to stir up controversy and tighten the chain on the masses metaphorical neck.

and you, and even me are all part of the pawns falling for this BS... i would figure most of you have the common sense to spot something like this a mile away,

everything you see happening is a physical illusion, they need to keep all "groups" of society busy talking about something..so we dont have time to sit down and figure out what is really going on...

i know this world....this phase in our existance is just one big long test...some of us will pass it some of us wont..

this isnt about becoming one "collective" or "Subconscious " and come together as one...we are here on individual journeys and tests and we must pass them INDIVIDUALY

you all think you are being "different" and "un-mainstream" but you're not. atleast not until you go so far out of the box that you border what mainstream society would consider insanity, however to you, THEY are the crazy ones

i was going to say almost the same thing.
it is a very obvious inside job, and this proves it even more.
some one was either;
allowed in,
greece did it to themselves at a order from a higher power,
cia o another form of american "force" or,
its not happening.

if so why are they so worried about greece?
why not the u.s. too?
london?

there are so many better targets.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
my biggest and ultimate question is this...

DONT THEY HAVE PAPER BACK UPS?!

Ya I think so....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by trust_no_one

They crossed the line. It's time for the handcuffs to come out. Now they presume themselves Dictators.

They are the dictators with the ambitions to wipe away personal debt? Sounds like liberation to me.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
They are the dictators with the ambitions to wipe away personal debt? Sounds like liberation to me.

Are you a Gaddafi supporter?

He, essentially, did the same thing for the majority of Libyans.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hey guys!

remember when anon promised to take down

Xbox
Coca-cola
Chase
Wells fargo
Bank of America
Facebook / twitter / youtube
the entire internet

guess what... they didnt and they wont do it this time....

I just confirmed with a bank that they use paper.... still!!!

WHAT Is this paper you speak of Dr? Well back in the day we used it to keep back ups or original copies of things like bills, bank statement, loan notes

so unless these brittle boned, greasy haired kids leave their parents basements....

nothing will occur
that will be more than minor nuisance and actually might give some data entry people some jobs

so thanks for doing nothing guys, except giving us MORE regulations... Crap rolls down hill...

think about it

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Yup. I know that Ghaddafi cared about his people and worked towards a better society within his country. Unfortunately it was all for naught, bombed to ruins and conquered by fanatics.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Star for you.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

it is the INTEREST on the debt that is the problem
INTEREST IS THE PROBLEM

as the ratings agencies lower greeces rating they cause more INTEREST

this whole thing stops the minute that interest is taken out of the equation,
IT ALLOWS COUNTRIES TO PAY DOWN "PRINCIPAL DEBT"

interest is being used as a weapond

xploder

-- Again could anyone tell me how it would be possible to wipe the debt?

SIMPLE no interest payments
REMOVE THE NEED TO PAY INTEREST on existing debt,
this allows the original amount to be paid, ie the "principal"

when the level of debt drops the rating agencies rise the rating of a country.

extream yes but what else would work?

xploder

edit on 22-2-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

this would cause a trigger in Credit default swaps and ruin the insurance and banks like it did here in america. Bankruptcy is the only way, if your not a banker

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Yup. I know that Ghaddafi cared about his people and worked towards a better society within his country. Unfortunately it was all for naught, bombed to ruins and conquered by fanatics.

I cant tell if you are joking or totally and utterly deluded.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join