It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I've saved hundreds of lives, too many to count.

Because every time I clean the filter of my Amazon fish tank I save all the tiny shrimp that decided to live in the filter and throw them back into the tank before they float down the drain in my tub

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

He started hanging out with the druggie crowd and started looking all messed up and falling apart. One day his mother came to me and asked me why we did not hang out anymore as we were best friends.
That is a problem of the entourage .Entourage can cause 90 percent of our future, because very few people can self educate.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

And, for the record, have you ever watched a poisoned ant die? It is a horrible thing. They actually kneel and pray as they die.
In order to understand the very deep life processes we have to know or to see many things to reach that level of awareness of understanding others.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Interesting thread.

I am of the opinion that taking lives is inevitable if we want to live.

Humans cannot survive very long without certain nutrients, most of which can only be taken from the flesh of other living beings.

On the one hand, I try to save as many animals, bugs, and plants as I can. On the other hand, I kill fleas, mosquitos, and gnats that are on my skin. I have particularly sweet blood, I guess, because I'm the only one that gets bit by bugs in my house... and they eat me alive, seriously... very unpleasant experience.

Yellowjackets, wasps, bees, and other aggressive animals I will kill only if they are trying to bite or sting myself or my children. Spiders, I try to save if I can catch them without smashing them.

I tend to give thanks to/for the animals and plants whose lives ended to make a meal for me, too.

I have helped save human lives, but would not hesitate to take one in a "kill or be killed" situation.

Our world is one of life and death. Everything comes to life and every life must come to death. It is the nature of our existence.
edit on 2/22/2012 by ottobot because: typo

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Yellowjackets, wasps, bees, and other aggressive animals I will kill only if they trying to bite or sting myself or my children. Spiders, I try to save if I can catch them without smashing them.
Yes, that is why I say there is a philosophy of killing like a lesson we must give up though we never do as referring to humans and their behavior..of taking other human lives.

edit on 22-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: mdfy

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
And then a minute or so later this, felt like a mind met mine, gentle and wise, and said. "How many, slow down and notice what is around them. How many take the time to observe and feel their environments, stop rushing around in stress?

The problem is that most people have lost the ability to commune with the earth.

We, as a people, have forgotten where we are and how we came to be.

Those "starving, destitute heathens" of third world countries still remember that we are the earth, and they still treat the earth as they would treat themselves.

This, friends, is the lesson to be [re]learned.
edit on 2/22/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Same here!

Our family policy for all annoying critters is "relocation". We don't need that sort of karmic debt. LoL!

However, there was this one rat who crawled through the outside gutter and into the eaves of our house. That was war and we took no prisoners.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Its not just about cessation of eating meat. For the human body, including enamel of our teeth, needs some nutrients that are mainly in liver for example. We need the fatty soluable vitamins, such as E, A, D, and we really need the raw, natural milk and milk products, they're rich in these, if you are trying to be vegan.
Taking lives of some animals for survival,or as an advanced society that processes meat for food at global scale is ok,but doing this from an awareness acquired by habits of killing without discernment is something else.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Would it not make more sense to get your female cat spayed so it does not keep having litters of kittens rather than shoot some elses cat?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Finding your way through this labyrinth of a hellzone, at least in its feel, and having to partake of life for health, is very traumatic to anyone that does not wish to harm a single thing. Even the vegetables seem to scream in pain.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Finding your way through this labyrinth of a hellzone, at least in its feel, and having to partake of life for health, is very traumatic to anyone that does not wish to harm a single thing. Even the vegetables seem to scream in pain.

And like all energy, they scream the name huuuuueeee which sounds beautiful to only the most angelic of creatures and demonic to only the most frightened or detached and disconnected of creatures. Makes sense to me so I don't wanna hear any arguments! But if there are some typed up I'd love to read them and see what I can learn from it. ATS ftw

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ahh, the element of buddhism.

I consciously kill fleas and ticks, and mosquitos. I wish i could kill them two or three times, when they bite me.

I consciously kill wasps/yellow jackets/flies, and when FIRE ants build homes anywhere near my house, or right next to the steps or walkway, they get a poison snack. Even though ants are beneficial, fire ants have to go...

You ever see the man eating ants in Africa?

When i was a kid, i saved a fly from the toilet, but i was too young too realize that both the toilet and the fly were nasty. But i guess i saved it. When i was a kid, i put a flag on an ant mound to prevent my dad from mowing over it, under the guise "don't kill my friends." Now, however, those ants would get it.

I shoot at crows because they tear up my garden, they are loud and annoying, and they pick on my cats. But they're too smart to kill.

Heck, i even hate to kill trees.

Otherwise, i do not kill anything (don't hunt or fish), but i used to know a guy who would kill animals just to kill them. He'd swerve onto the grass or into another lane to run over a dog (no kidding).

I understand your concept of consciously killing, and if i cannot even hunt (if i was staving, yes, i could kill). If still do not understand people who actively support/seek/carry out the death penalty.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Otherwise, i do not kill anything (don't hunt or fish), but i used to know a guy who would kill animals just to kill them. He'd swerve onto the grass or into another lane to run over a dog (no kidding).
When killing become pleasure we do not speak about humans,anymore, I don't know how to categorize them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalAccount2008

Not sure what you mean by hueeee. And I'm not even sure if they're individually, consciously each experiencing pain as we do, and many creatures do, or if its a disturbance in the Field. But it is picked on with instruments, and repeatable over and over again with the same results, providing you do shielding. Plants are not like electricity, so just using certain blocks, or walls between you, or a special one way window, doesnt' work. So without protocol, they did try to duplicate some, but wouldn't listen to the kind of protocol and sheilding that was needed.

For example, in this experiment where the plants were aware of the bacteria dying and spiked strongly. And each day, when they washed up. And they discovered, if you killed off something at night, the plants paid more attention and reacted strongly, than in the day when human and other stronger forces were affecting the field, and that is what was performed incorrectly by a few that duplicated it, they didn't shield for the stronger influences and remove their own influence correctly. In other words, the real protocol being done by the researchers, not the debunkers, was far more fine tuned and stricter, far more able to isolate cause and effect, than the counter one, which simply didn't listen and did a crude experiment. When the proper protocols were followed, same result always.

So we all influence the force.

Now when I had that experience with nature, it was mind blowing. But I can't tell you that all of nature, ie the trees, are conscious, yet some are. What I was shown was hard to put into words though very vivid journey, very pictoral journey as well, like stepping into a movie, only it was 3d.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

When i was a kid, i put a flag on an ant mound to prevent my dad from mowing over it, under the guise "don't kill my friends."

Kids are so optimistic! My 4 year old thinks all the ants are his friends and hates for me to kill their mounds. BUT, I have to kill them anyway, so now he has decided that when he steps in a fire ant mound, and the ants go crazy, it is actually a good thing, because the ants, "want to come out and play."

I hope they like playing with fire too, because if the Amdro doesn't work I soak their mound with diesel and let it burn for awhile!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

In industrial nations, the justice system considers a human life "priceless" thus illegalized any form of slavery; i.e., humans cannot be bought for any price.

If any form of slavery is illegal. Than it should be illegal for a nation or a person to be holder of debt. It should be illegal for a bank to give loans/credit.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yes, I would like to think my life meant something to at least a few souls when I take leave of this dimension.

* All of our many dogs and cats have been death row inmates.
* I manned a suicide hotline back in the early 70's and actually had coffee with a person I chatted with. He said I saved him that night.
* In nursing I initiated multiple "Code Blues".................many of my night patients and ER patients always seemed to code on me - most I helped bring back because when a person or animal stops breathing every second counts.
* While not perfect - I have learned in my later years to always try to say something kind vs something mean........words can cut as deeply as a knife.
* In nursing we were suppose to look in on our night patients once every 15-20 minutes. Many do not follow this procedure. I did. One lady, a diabetic had a fruity smell to her breath. I tried to wake her and she was very droggy - abnormally so. I went and got the head nurse (I was still a CNA and nursing student). It was determined that she was beginning to go into a ketoacidotic coma and hyperosmolar coma, patients are given intravenous fluids, insulin, and plenty of potassium and sodium as soon as possible which is what we did.

Sometimes, if I wasn't working ER, (I was a floater) the ER would call me down to look at a patient because for some unknown reason, I could feel if a person was "fading out" (not always but a lot of times).

Yes I use to kill spiders, but no longer do.

Ants.............the ants in my garden start attacking and biting me the minute I stick my hand in the soil, even if I wear gloves...........sorry but I've put down these little round poison stations around where the biting ants are located at. The bites are quite painful.

I try to eat as little animal flesh as possible - I am not perfect, I still occasionally eat a little fish, chicken and yes even pork here and there, not much but again I'm trying.

Have found with my last blood test that the less animal protein I consume the better my liver enzyme count is. and the better I feel.

When I eat beef or sausage I don't feel well afterwards.

The older I get the better I feel if I stay away from or eat very little animal flesh.

Not saying this is for everyone and not making a judgement............this is just my own experience.

Last night for dinner I made :

RECIPE:

1 - 8.8 oz package of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Long Grain & wild with 23 herbs and seasonings
1 - 15 oz of Bush's Best Black Beans Frijoles Negros
3/4 of a 12 oz package frozen of Birds Eye Steamfresh fresh frozen broccoli florets
2 heaping tablespoons of Tostitos Salsa Con Queso medium cheese

Made enough for 4 people and was very very tasty and satisfying. (Love Black beans).

Getting back to ants.............if the ants don't attack me, I leave them alone. I don't go out of my way to harm any living creature.

Our honey bees this last summer (we had quite a few) were quite friendly, they would fly away respectfully if I gently shooed them (gently).

A really good book I highly recommend is Dominion by Matthew Scully...........excellent book.

When I'm walking outside to the garage I try not to step on the ants walking around.

edit on 22-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The part about consciousness and nature. By no means do I consider what I was shown the end of the exploration and therefore the definitive opinion can be drawn. It was the beginning of explorations only. So temporarily, until more info is given, relating to that experience, it felt like this.

That the trees, were the sentinels, the parents, to all the nature, the insects, squirrels, snakes, birds, life that abounded. It was a separate realm/channel/paradigm, from ours, with separate awareness, world, yet nestled in and shared our realm, fitted in.

The trees of course were alive. But entering into them, was like entering into the most beautiful elfin type wooden homes, that were shaped, so gracefully, and inside the arches of the roofs, and all the details were incredible, and airy, and often they would emerge out of sloped spiral ramps, and be all around on different levels, and then the fractals of this, as if spiralling through vines or branches or nature fractals, got more strident, more intense, more pictoral, faster and faster, near the end, as if a rush. This lasted about 30 minutes or more. And while in these houses I was aware that everything was alive, but I was alone, and felt lonely.

I could almost list on a strong probability, that this was akin to AI, or a living body suit, or living realm that was an expression of the Field or Divine oneness of the energy, or an expression of this combined with earth's soul or lifeforce. And hence it was like a cathedral filled with source field but not like my own consciousness, which was joined or added to my body. My body would be a part of the field of this, the universal energy, but my consciousness was something else, something from God's or Divine Consciousness, coming in.

But the minute I felt lonely, he appeared, to show me around, as an angel, an elf, but he was a very beautiful man. And he showed me nature, and all of the living guests, the insects and birds, as the children they watched over and guided.

I then thought and felt as if, the houses, the outer bark we see, is a wonderful house inside, and all of nature was houses for life, and consciousness could be there, or not be there within this living field, depending on need, and be open and welcome to other visitors, even some ETs could watch over in such space.

Think of Horton Hears a Who and infinity within, and without, so that spacial was irrelevant, for you cannot measure infinity, a world within a world, within a world, where even a giant could sojourn inside a universe within a grain of sand.

I was left with this feeling of, one with the force or living ai, spirit of all, and yet host to consciousness, a guest, that could inhabit in all of these combinations, always there, sometimes there, or for some "time" not there at all, and yet it all continues, automously, and interactive, as its meant to.

We must never assume that the tree you're leaning against is not hosting consciousness as we know it, but it doesnt have to be hosting that kind of intellect to still be alive and connected to everything.

Very hard to explain.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamherefornow
reply to post by smithjustinb

Would it not make more sense to get your female cat spayed so it does not keep having litters of kittens rather than shoot some elses cat?

No. BBs and CO2 cost less that getting a cat fixed.

Plus, I have another male cat that always gets in a fight with this stray. My male cat has a huge hole in his face right now from that SOB due to some territorial issues. All me and my cats are doing is defending our territory which is also completely natural.

Let me ask you... would you rather be spayed, or would you rather me get rid of ther person who keeps making you pregnant against your will. HMMM?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

...conscious life.

Are you sure about that?
I repeated that the difference between taking a life being aware of it and take a life without being aware.

You are aware that by doing any of the activities I described that you will most likely be taking some lives while doing it.

I'm all for trying not to kill things...but I'm not for people trying to act like they have never knowingly killed something. Hoping in the car to take a drive is you consciously saying that you are accepting to kill some things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join