It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Didn't have time to read all of the replies but I'll say right off that the tone of the OP both saddens me and pisses me off. I'm saddened because you just assume that all humans are devoid of respect for life and I'm pissed because the tone indicates that the OP is holier than though...an attribute I despise.

We have a piece of Tupperware in the house labeled "bugs" that we use to remove them safely from the house. The only spider I've ever purposefully killed was a black widow and I only did so to try to protect my dogs from being bit. I step over ants all the time as I can't imagine what it would be like for a a creature larger than myself to step on me out of pure laziness and disregard.

My dogs are both rescues. The second one was slated to be euthanized so I took her only because I thought she deserved a chance. She bit me the very first day as I was trying to get her into the car from the shelter. She bit my fiancé when we were just dating. She is a bit of a mess but after 7 years and with a prescription for doggy Prozac, she's better but we can't have friends over much. We don't trust her enough. We've chosen her over friends. Kind of sucks to be honest but we made a commitment and when it's just us at home, she's the snuggliest, most lovable dog now.

I also tried to save some birds once that fell out of their nest. Don't know if they made it to adulthood but I tried. Then there was the squirrel I picked up from the road after it got hit by a car. The wild life rescue worker showed up to my house the next day wearing a "kkk" t-shirt. I couldn't fathom a person caring for animals but hating people so much, not for the things they do, but for just being.

The world is a crazy place and I'm really tired off all of the lies and hypocrisy coming out of our so-called leaders. Particularly the ones that drape themselves in religion and yet would be the first to wave away those who need assistance. But please don't lump all of humanity in with these people. There are many of us who see the value of life and some of us are even *gasp* Atheists. Don't judge people by who they say they are, judge them by their actions. Maybe if we started holding people accountable for those actions, we can turn this place we call Home around.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Did you save a life in your life?

No?I thought so!

Did to!

11 years as a firefighter in the usaf. 44 months in warzones. I helped save a few.

Prior to my 11 years in the usaf?

11 years working for/with developmentally dissabled children and adults with skilled care needs.

Dear diamondsmith,
Don't be so jaded. And, please, don't sell the good intentions of humanity short. MSM is not always a realistic representation of humanity, and who we are, and who we can be under even the worst of circumstances.

[size=60]✌

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugahm
I wonder why as children we have a tendency to kill things. Or at least i did. I did some pretty nasty stuff when i was real young like blow up ant hills and frogs.

Good question. As a kid i did terrible things too. After sunday barbeque was over, the grill would still be blazing hot. I would put rolly pollies on the grill, watch them struggle, burn and turn white. Oh, i would enjoy the sight of that! Or blasting anthills with a water hose. Burning all kinds of bugs with matches. Kicking around frogs and watching them limp before resuming the torture and culminating in its death. Terrible crap! Kids are supposed to be pure hearted but i was pure evil when it came to hurting bugs and small vertebrates.

I look back at it all with overwhelming repugnance. Wish i could take all of that back.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Oh goodie another pointless baseless moronic thread that makes stupid assumptions with no proof. Cant wait to see how many pages this runs for.

How do you know no body has saved even an ant?

I suspect the stupidity of the title is on purpose to generate heated debate which seems to be your modus operandi.

I weep for this forum sometimes. I really do.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Oh goodie another pointless baseless moronic thread that makes stupid assumptions with no proof. Cant wait to see how many pages this runs for.
I suspect the stupidity of the title is on purpose to generate heated debate which seems to be your modus operandi.

Oh goodie another pointless baseless moronic post that provides no feedback to the OP. Instead of just bashing it, how about providing something I would like to see what you think. Try reading the other post just not the thread title...

I can see that you been here awhile so I shouldn't have to remind you that if you don't like the topic then don't read it nor waste your precious time responding to it.
edit on 23-2-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Oh goodie another pointless baseless moronic post that provides no feedback to the OP. Instead of just bashing it, how about providing something I would like to see what you think. Try reading the other post just not the thread title...

LOL have you been following the other threads by the OP?? utter tripe!

There IS no discussion genius, the OP makes a generalized assumption and proceeds to answer for everybody on here. What is there to discuss the OP's mind is already made up. And I certainly have nothing to prove to the OP. I know the good deeds I do and I dont do it for any recognition and thus dont need to publicize nor advertize them.

Criminals are the biggest hypocrites and the ones that cant wait to tell everybody what good people they are. Just like politicians love to tell the people how great they are and we all know the truth about them. You people are such suckers so easily duped.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The Dahli Lama was bitten by a mosquito. He let it take his blood, having respect for all living creatures. The mosquito came back and he let it take some more of his blood. The third time the mosquito came he swatted it dead. One can make gestures, but at some point we must stop giving up our life blood to feed another.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You people are such suckers so easily duped.

You people who is that? Is that including you? Seriously this is a conspiracy site and outlandish threads do occur, but come on this is a site where minds collaborate. Which makes it so great, but ranting about it without reasoning first is pointless.

I know the good deeds I do and I dont do it for any recognition and thus dont need to publicize nor advertize them.

Sorry I just had to bring this up...Then why make threads? You obviously contributed threads to ATS, so if you didn't do it for the sake of recognition, did you do it for the sake of boredom? You apparently have made yourself known to this site. So if you don't feel like you have to publicize your good deeds then why post on a public board?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
this is my first post..have been coming here a lot, thought I would share my experience I had..when I saved a life.

I was working up on the 12th floor out on some scaffolding, doing work around the windows on a new building that was going up. I came walking around the corner of the building on the scaffolding to see my partner standing in front of a window. He looked like he was sleeping while standing...I kept on walking towards him, and I noticed he started leaning backwards like he was going to fall...I thought he was playing a joke, but I still hurried up my pace and got to him before he went over the side.
The rails were in the shape of an 'X' and he was near the end so he would have fell right through the side..i quickly put my arm behind him and pulled him in saying "whooooa buddy, what are you doing?" with a little laugh at the end, he grabbed me eyes wide open and broke down in tears, then grabbed the scaffolding. He said he was out cold, and past the point of no return and thanked me so much for being there.

I guess I was at the right place at the right time, if I didn't come around that corner when I did, he would not be here today.

I hope someone will take the time to read my story. This is my first post, have been waiting to join the community, and I thought the time was right when I came to this thread. I would enjoy some feedback.

this is my story...i will never forget it.. neither will he.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Sproke27 because: first post, new..sorry

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
To the poster TiM3LoRd

As I see I have to moderate my own thread.

"The topic of this thread is.Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

NOT other members. NOT what other members think. NOT if you think your opinion is the only valid opinion.....and so on.

So again, discuss and debate the TOPIC and the topic ONLY"
edit on 23-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: add

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

OP..... are all lives equal?
I think is more about the balance of the Nature(Nature) as the nature can self-regulate not knowing the exact mechanisms by which she do this.

Mechanisms may include things that do not understand the past as balancing things so that we can not explain why it happens, such as why some young people lose their lives in tragic circumstances when it could be living but maybe it is a balancing of the facts before us committed by others in our families.

So is the rest of nature, violent natures who kill for pleasure can live very happy and their followers suffer for their actions .This may be true also for nations.

So, what I ask is this, is saving one human equivalent to saving 10 million ants?
My question in the OP was more rhetorical referring more to human beings endowed with reason only, and may have other beings lives discretionary.

But we mst think everything as a whole in which every life is important to each other depending on the specific.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
To answer the op, yes, I've been personally responsible for saving several individuals' lives.
I used to work as a cardiac physiologist in the NHS and have spent several long hours over 15 years there resuscitating children.
I've also saved a couple of people outside of work, in "civvie street" who've either been attacked or fallen severely ill.
I abhor the killing of animals and insects/spiders and will go out of my way to prevent this happening to them.

I think I must've been a Buddhist in a past life.....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by texas thinker

As much as life is important, those that would act malicious to mine, will lose that life if I have a say.
We have instincts an one of them is fear "the defense system's life" as our life is in danger up to a point when we lose reason.But I still think that taking a life is a mortal sin.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Actually, I have saved lives. I did my best with what I had when an IED blew my friend's legs off, and I resuscitated a child who's mother didn't care enough to save her life after she fell in a pool, for fear that she'd vomit in her mouth.

When you speak of a disease plaguing the elderly and the young, in my opinion, TO SAVE THE LIVES OF THE UNINFECTED, extermination of the infected may be the only way. It's cruel, yes, it's frightening yes, but if it is the last resort, I would.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I have just always wondered what happened to the girl, I don't even know her name.
My dear A Question I understand your thoughts,the important thing is that you have easy conscience knowing that you saved a life

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

You people are such suckers so easily duped.

You people who is that? Is that including you? Seriously this is a conspiracy site and outlandish threads do occur, but come on this is a site where minds collaborate. Which makes it so great, but ranting about it without reasoning first is pointless.

I know the good deeds I do and I dont do it for any recognition and thus dont need to publicize nor advertize them.

Sorry I just had to bring this up...Then why make threads? You obviously contributed threads to ATS, so if you didn't do it for the sake of recognition, did you do it for the sake of boredom? You apparently have made yourself known to this site. So if you don't feel like you have to publicize your good deeds then why post on a public board?

What has posting threads have to do with good deeds? Your logic is as confounding as the OP.

Originally posted by diamondsmith

As I see I have to moderate my own thread.

If you moderated your own threads you wouldn't have started 90% of them

"The topic of this thread is.Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

NOT other members. NOT what other members think. NOT if you think your opinion is the only valid opinion.....and so on.

So again, discuss and debate the TOPIC and the topic ONLY"
edit on 23-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: add

The thread title is making an assumption about me or anybody that reads it. you finish by saying "No? I thought so.."

Thats an assumption...how is that not sinking in to you? and why do you always avoid legitimate points? Are you evasive on purpose or are you selective in your reading?

ALSO given your standard style of non comprehension and your momentary succinct clarity of focus I can only surmise that you either have MPD or that you are a troll who lets his guard slip and accidentally shows your true intelligence.
edit on 23-2-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I don't think the answer is as simple as the OP has suggested.
I never said that the answer is simple,that is why this thread,but please provide us with your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I will gladly kill all bugs with no remorse. The only animal I would not harm is a dog. Granted I do not go out of my way to kill stuff... Anymore.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Please don't lose heart, I can feel your frustration regarding why we continue as we always have, not absorbing the real lesson in it all.
I am not frustrated at all.

Never turn away from someone or something that asks for your help.
I always help when needed.

Say those things that you've always wanted to,
I will always say what I think because it is not in my nature to lie.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I am sorry for you,you are a very frustrated person and you will never have what you wish for.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join