It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya

Jesus was also a carpenter, which meant killing trees, and also destroying habitats for wildlife no different than we do today.

And, what were all those sheep and oxen in the manger for anyway? Dinner and hard labor!

Jesus certainly slayed his share of animals, including cute, fuzzy, innocent, little, baby lambs!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Word.
Even as a vegetarian i struggle with the idea of a raw diet. As an energy healer i know about the vibrational level of living things. I wish i could could walk the fine line of perfection in all that i do. As a rational being, i make changes when i recognize the need to do so. that being said i try to eat more raw food. As doctor Gerson has proven in his research, cancer can be eliminated with a raw food diet. I'm a believer.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I have saved insects plenty of times and have never killed one on purpose.
I might have also saved a random person that was about to commit suicide.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I personally don't believe in life nor death. The whole idea is preposterous.

The first time I saw someone die I was still a kid. My grandpa suffered from emphysema and in is last week he was hospitalized. So the doctor phoned one night and said he's probably not going to make it through the night. We all rushed to the hospital and luckily my grandpa was awake so my family stood along side his bed probably saying goodbye and all that, I was just a kid so nobody really told me what was going on but I wasn't a stupid kid so I knew it has to be serious because everyone was crying but they probably thought it would be better for me to sit in another room playing with crappy toys. So after a while my mom came to fetch me and told me my grandpa is very sick and he might die but I'm not allowed to go in because visiting time is over and he needs to rest. I thought well that's pretty lame because why would he need rest if he's going to die so I lied to my mom and told her that I left my jacket in the waiting room so before we go I need to go and fetch it. This gave me the time I needed to run to my grandpa's room just to see him before we go. I was the last person he saw because when I got to his room he just looked at me and I looked at him and his eyes just went vacant, I saw him die but he looked very peaceful. I remembered thinking that all this time he was sitting at home with his oxygen mask on almost all of the time complaining and being generally in a bad mood and all he had to do to make it stop was to just give in. The whole thing was just so ridiculous because he was so scared up to the end and all that happened is he left, leaving all his pain and suffering behind

The second time I saw a person die it was also very strange. I was standing at a pedestrian crossing waiting for the light to turn green when I saw a big truck clearly speeding up to catch the green light. I thought to myself he's probably not going to make it but luckily the crossing isn't very busy so he'll run a red light but he won't smash into any cars. So I'm standing there kinda staring vacantly, waiting for this truck to woosh past kind of taking a step back thinking that at that speed he might cause a strong gust of wind that might probably cause some discomfort plus I hate the diesel smell trucks spew out so this older lady, not grandma old but probably in her 50's, totally oblivious staring at the little red man instead of looking around her, starts walking right as the man turns green, unlucky for her she stepped right in front of the truck so it hit her and she was gone, well not really gone as she came to a stop a few meters further but from my point of view all I saw was this impatient lady walking past me and before I could really process what was about to happen I saw the truck, felt the wind anyway and caught the fart smell of diesel anyway and then when I looked again all I saw in front of me was her shoe. Just lying there and then I realized what had just happened. It was very quite in that instant but now the quite was broken by screeching tires and people yelling and screaming, running around, from all directions crowding around the truck and the lady's body but I just stood there looking at her shoe thinking that the lady who wore that shoe was alive a millisecond ago, nobody even noticed her except me and now she's definitely dead. Well I'm not the one for blood and contorted corpses so I turned and walked away thinking again, life is seriously ridiculous and the only thing that broke my calm was the fact that I was so calm about the whole ordeal.

Causing something to die by deliberately altering an organism's immediate environmental like for instance introducing a projectile to a vital organ or covering it's face in a poisonous aerosol, isn't very nice but can we really save or take a life, I mean do we really have the power over life and death or do we just think ourselves so important that we believe we have that power? Do we create life or do we create the circumstances for it to manifest? I think life just is and does what it does we can only slightly alter it's flow by introducing resistance like how a big rock slightly alters the flow of a stream. Sure you can build a dam but the dam will eventually break when it has to and the stream will flow again and the waters will think, "boy that was fun, we really needed a little rest but now it's off to work again"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
I am so overwhelmed by the sanctity of life that is is almost a mental problem. My heart will break if I am washing the floor and accidentally wipe up an earwig into the mop. An earwig, for pete's sake. I cannot stand to think about killing the creatures of the Earth. If I hear them cutting down trees outside, I have to shut the doors and windows because it literally HURTS.
It is so bad, that I actually have acute anthropomorphism. I feel sorry for inanimate objects and it looks as if I passed it on to the kids. We will be in the store and my 5 year old son will see a product on the floor. He will put it back on the shelf so it can "be with its friends".
I like to think there is a purpose for people like me..the ones that are so sensitive that they can see life in everything around them. Maybe one day I will figure out why.

You are related to grass too throgh your DNA, I suggest you don't mow the lawn either....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Dear diamondsmith

Yes I have saved a human life and every day I do a small part too save many others.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by jgarcya

Jesus was also a carpenter, which meant killing trees, and also destroying habitats for wildlife no different than we do today.

And, what were all those sheep and oxen in the manger for anyway? Dinner and hard labor!

Jesus certainly slayed his share of animals, including cute, fuzzy, innocent, little, baby lambs!

I don't believe that is true. So much of the bible is corruption. I believe he was a very special mystery eastern influence, from Egypt, who knows, even Buddhist, and influenced by the great philosophers and stoics, and that he was NOT the conventional Jewish emblem I believe he came to teach us to go within, and raise our love, kindness and frequency. That his story was hijacked by rome and the sumar hybrids, after he was murdered for telling who their "father" really was.

He may have been a carpenter, however. We need to give thanks and appreciate all of life. But the rest is just speculation.

He did achieve the pineal, connection via the Christus and was Christed, one with His Higher Self and Father/Mother, and achieved the phoenix, ben ben , in a way that the masons who are controlling the world won't, as they missed the higher chakras of love and service to others, speaking for truth when they open their third eye, their stargate is just a frequency match for the predators.

I am going to alter the last statement in that this is the current direction but that I am sorry for seeing the dark masks and keep trying to push to seeing the light under their and their transformations too. To Love and Light and STO.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is my story..

It was the first of july and I was heading home from work when in front of me there was a massive wreck. I pulled over and saw a car destroyed in the center lane and a guy standing there. I asked him if he was ok and he said he was. He asked to use my cell to call his wife. I tossed him the phone and headed over to the other car where I saw her. She was sitting the passenger seat still buckled in. I knelt by the side of the car and checked on her to see if she was still alive. She was, however she was bleeding from her nose, ears, and head. I started talking to her to keep her awake until the EMS showed up. Her eyes were rolling back up in her head. Right about that moment directly in front of her the car caught on fire. I had only a few seconds to decide what to do. I could either leave her in the car and be burned to death or I could try to get her out.

I pried the car door open ripped her seat belt off and struggled to pull her out of the car. Her leg was wedged up under the dashboard. I ended up pulling so hard that in the process I broke her leg. When she finally came free she knocked me on my back. When I reached down to pick her up I put my hand under her legs and one of my hands slid into her leg. Covered in this girls blood from head to toe I carried her up to the side of the road and laid her down. From that point other people finally stepped in to help out while myself and some other people formed a human shield to try and protect her from the car that was rapidly going up in flames a whole 20 feet away. Standing there on the side of the road I felt helpless as I watched this young girl fight for her life on the side of the road. She died numerous times and was brought back.

I gave my statement to the highway patrol and drove home I made it to a gas station and had to pull in. I was shaking horribly while still covered in her blood. It was about an hour later that I found out that she died when she got to the hospital. She died of massive internal and head injuries.

She may not have lived to see the sunrise the next day, however I saved her from a horrific death and gave her family the opportunity to say goodbye to her.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I feel when they are scared or trust me. I will never hear them say hello but I feel the greetings from the curious ones. Nature is fascinating sometimes.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Brown recluses are often caught in the tub! Be careful!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I don't kill spiders anymore. I've probably killed 3 in the past 5 years, all out of impulse. You know, when something jumps at you you react. I have never forgiven myself for the times I have killed the spiders and I beg their forgiveness when I wrap their bodies in a tissue (neatly) and gently place them either outside or in the garbage can. I hate putting them in the garbage and I even take the time to explain how they aren't garbage to me. I feel horrible for every life I take with my hands.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hello again Diamondsmith: Yes, Ive saved 3 human lives.

One was clinically dead, and I carried him in my arms into the ER...one was dying and comatose (I also carried her out of her house)...and the last one was suicidal at the brink and I sent the police to intervene and had him "5150'd" for 72 hrs.

I dont place a lot of emphasis on it tho...just that God put me in the right place at the right time.

Thanks....Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Did you save a life in your life?

No?I thought so!

I think it's good practise to save lives. However, when you post a thread asking OTHERS a question PERHAPS, just PERHAPS, you should alow them, and afford them the courtesy, to answer the question before you assume you know what the answer is or will be.

Perhaps, next time, Stop at the "Did you save a life in your life". The answer is a definite YES.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm really touched on how some people TRULY care about the smallest of lifeforms.

I try to save ants, dogs and small birds. But the roach infestation in my house just made me into a mass murderer.

It's like my system has this built-in hate for roaches. But love for everything else.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I wonder why as children we have a tendency to kill things. Or at least i did. I did some pretty nasty stuff when i was real young like blow up ant hills and frogs.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i've saved some lifes. i saved a chicken from a dog today. yesterday i saved a lizard that was stuck in my sink. saved a bee once too. don't think i ever saved a human though.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have saved some or many lives. But sometimes I feel bad about killing mosquitoes in our home. After all they are just hunting for their food like every other animal on this planet does.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thank you OP. I appreciate this thread because it allows me to reexamine my beliefs. All day long i have been contemplating the meaning of life, what it takes to make a killer out of a human being? does one life form have more value than another? what are the different rationales or excuses we use in order to justify taking a life? Some people believe today that "Just following orders" is still a valid excuse, even after Nuremberg. What is the difference between murder in war vs murder in "civilian life"? for me murder is murder! others tend to rationalize otherwise. Can you be a Christian and believe in War?

I came to understand how to end ALL WARS today. It takes a soldier to kill another soldier. As of today it hasn't been replaced by robots yet. even behind a drone is a soldier "Just Following Orders". If the soldiers just followed their hearts and refused to follow unjust/ unLawful orders, there would be no war. Please, I pray for all active military to put God in your hearts, refuse to kill anyone for any reason! If someone else wants someone to die, tell them to do it themselves! Become conscientious observers all at once! there are people who have done it. I guess I really understood this from a young age, that is why i never volunteered in the military to kill.

If we all valued all forms of life imagine what a world we would have. I imagine every being or creature as the next buddha, therefore, by killing it I would be denying it ITS potential.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have saved kids from drowning while stupid life guards looked on, stray cats and dogs, insects from being crushed by other people, talked others out of going hunting and throwing caught fish back into the water.

Now this is not about me flaunting these good deeds and acting like a wannabe superman.

Actually, last week I had a revelation that blew my mind.

In my bathroom, because of the drought, there are these little ants that scurry around the sink collecting water. For months I would see one or two and immediately turn on the water and send them down the drain or smush them with my finger like it was a video game. Worst part, i would do it in autopilot with no emotion.

Anyhow, a week ago, i was about to crush one when something snapped inside my brain and a mental voice boomed a loud "what the hell are you doing, man? They dont even bite!". I felt like the biggest heel in the world and swore off killing them or sending them down the drain. Even today, when I see one, I have to restrain myself from the initial impulse to crush it. Goes to show human instinct is not as kind as it should be.

To go even further, tonight i was carrying a bunch of stuff when trying to unlock my front door. Suddenly my sweaty jiujitsu uniform falls off my arm right on top of a may fly. I immediately picked up my clothes and, as the may fly flew off, I blurted out a "sorry dude!". Thats right, I actually apologized to a may fly and, what is even more shocking, sincerely meant it!

Conservatives may maliciously categorize my type as a "bleeding heart liberal", but to each his own. Every life is important and precious. If you are not being harmed, then why harm others regardless of their size or intelligence? Even the thinnest hair makes a shadow and so every life, regardless of how insignificant it may seem, deserves respect and a chance to achieve its cosmic purpose.

Mosquitos, though, those guys and I have unfinished business. They sow their own karmic beat down at my hand for looking at me as some kind of snack. Nature's vampire better stay away or else.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I saved two guys who were getting beat to death by drug addicts. And rescued a girl with my friend who fell in my local pond. When it comes to things like that, the adrenaline gets pumping and I may freeze for a split second, but I usually go do something stupid or heroic. Stupidly heroic? =P

When it comes to all life like insects, I try not to kill them where possible, but I'm not Buddhist and my respect for life only goes so far. I will squish certain insects especially if they're flapping in my face.. Can't stand them :-/

I tried to save an injured bird once, but my cat got their first and killed it. You can say all you want about nature and respect for life, but nature can be cruel all on it's own.

Oh btw, I accidentally ran over a frog when I was mowing my lawn last year, it had a huge gash above it's eye and I looked at it for 10 minutes and it didn't move one flinch, I figured I'd killed it (maybe i did, maybe i didn't). At which point I did some energy healing on it (yeah I'm into that). 10-20 mins later it blinked and slowly started moving. It didn't look in good shape, so I left it that night and it had gone the following day. So maybe I just stunned it real bad or maybe I brought it back to life. I'll leave that for you to believe what you want on that score. Not sure about it myself.
edit on 23-2-2012 by LeJimster because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join