It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face Discovered in Testicular Tumor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

In 2011, Canadian doctors at Queen’s University were shocked when they discovered a bizarre ultrasound that shows the testicle of a man that was complaining of severe pain. After examination of the image, it became clear that a human face can be identified near the man’s testicle. You can see a large mouth, noise, and two eyes in the image. The face seems to be in distress. Dr. Naji Touma, a professor at Queen’s University Medical School was quoted as saying “The image was very ghoulish, like a man screaming in pain. His mouth was open and it looked like one eye was gouged out.”

The ultrasound shocked medical professionals, and a brief debate ensued about whether the image could be a sign from a deity (perhaps Min, the Egyptian God of male virility). However, the consensus ruled that the shape was a mere coincidental occurrence rather than a divine proclamation. The case has been identified as an example of pareidolia, which is a psychological phenomenon that occurs when people perceive a vague and random stimulus (often a face) as being significant. The ultrasound was sent to the journal Urology, and in 2011 an article was published under the tongue-in-cheek headline: “The face of testicular pain: A surprising ultrasound finding.” As for the patient, the 2-inch (5.1 cm) growth was diagnosed as a benign tumor, the result of an infection, and the testicle was removed.

This was just too crazy not to share with the ATS community. I tried searching for it but I couldn't find it here. How freaked out would you be if you saw that in an ultrasound staring back at you?

listverse.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Heh, pretty freaky. The mind does great tricks sometimes.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

Seriously. I think I would find a good urologist and an even better preist.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

A face only a mother could love....

IRM

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The ultrasound shocked medical professionals, and a brief debate ensued about whether the image could be a sign from a deity (perhaps Min, the Egyptian God of male virility).

And the are allowed to call themselves professionals?!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
To me this:

The ultrasound shocked medical professionals, and a brief debate ensued about whether the image could be a sign from a deity

Is the scariest part in the whole story.

The fact that people in these professions and level of education would even contemplate the idea in the likes of "Jesus shows up in a grilled cheese sandwich" and that the word pareidolia does not exist in their vocabulary is a lot more scarier then anything else in this story.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
brilliant!

"the man with the screaming ball"

someone call Bruce Campbell !

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Pareidolia....

And let's not forget the usuals "rocks that just looks like a face" in Mars, Moon, etc....

etc...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Ass dog jesus is a classic.
edit on 22-2-2012 by kenny71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

I laughed till I cried!

Thanks for pointing that out!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

I think it was probably a debate done in jest. I don't think they seriously believed it possible and then had a rational debate ending when they decided it wasn't.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71
reply to post by elevenaugust

Ass dog jesus is a classic.
edit on 22-2-2012 by kenny71 because: (no reason given)

omg I was like... where? so I went back and had another look and laughed a great deal.

I am forwarding this on via email to my friends and I just wonder if they will see ass dog jesus.

new topics

top topics

join