It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds shut down Amish farm for selling fresh milk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

www.washingtontimes.com

The FDA won its two-year fight to shut down an Amish farmer who was selling fresh raw milk to eager consumers in the Washington, D.C., region after a judge this month banned Daniel Allgyer from selling his milk across state lines and he told his customers he would shut down his farm altogether.

The decision has enraged Mr. Allgyer's supporters, some of whom have been buying from him for six years and say the government is interfering with their parental rights to feed their children.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What a complete joke the FDA conducts a 2 year investigation into this Amish Farmer for raw milk with an undercover purchase. The famer is shutting down his farm due this Federal investigation. Our tax dollars can not be spent on other more important issues? It's getting worse then Soviet Russia out there - just a complete Federal overeach!!

Peace

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There are ways around the non pasteurized milk law . One way is they sell small part ownership into the farm so that the farm is not " selling to the public " .

Yes , slightly off topic but there are some farms out there that do have ways of selling " fresh milk " .

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You'd think there wasnt anything better to do.

Either the world is a peaceful place or these agencies are grossly over staffed.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
so misleading headlines all round then - he's shutting his farm down himself despite the fact that he can keep selling his milk within his own state, Pennsylvania!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

I keep saying as I have done for quite some time.

FDA = Food and Drug Administration

You administer drugs, true.

Do you administer food?

It must be a drug these days.

If it is a drug, what is its purpose??????

That alone should be raising the alarm bells without this story or any of the other shocking revelations these days.

Kudos for bringing another case to light though.

edit on 14-2-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Don't throw facts into mindless hate fests...ruins the entertainment.

Star for you!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The FDA won its two-year fight to shut down an Amish farmer who was selling fresh raw milk to eager consumers in the Washington, D.C., region after a judge this month banned Daniel Allgyer from selling his milk across state lines and he told his customers he would shut down his farm altogether.

Sounds like he just got sick of (or couldnt afford to continue) fighting.

Caving under federal pressure isnt exactly closing up under your own free will.

Federal duress may as well been Eliot Ness dumping out milk cans and punching farmers in the face.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
In New Zealand you can get around these laws by selling shares in a dairy cow, and then supplying only shareholders with the fresh milk it produces.

Bit of a pain but that's the sort of thing people are forced to do these days

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Many areas have CSAs, Community Supported Agriculture. It operates under the principal you buy shares annually for the return of production on that farm. Locally, the one I participate, takes weekly and monthly payments to stretch out the annual cost of shares membership. It seems like anything healthy, pure, and unadulterated isn't describing our food supply.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
In New Zealand you can get around these laws by selling shares in a dairy cow, and then supplying only shareholders with the fresh milk it produces.

Bit of a pain but that's the sort of thing people are forced to do these days

that's just BS.

In New Zealand farmers can legally sell you 5 litres of Raw milk per day "at the farm gate" - see here

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The Amish live in SE PA which borders NJ, DE, MD & DC - sounds like his customers are in the bordering states so may have not been cost effective for him to sell only in PA.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Stupid Feds, stupid farmer.

Of course it's an overreach, like so much of government is rapidly becoming.

He had two warnings, he knew the Feds were after him. He tried to get cute my selling shares in the cows. The judge slapped that idea down. Did he want to get in trouble to create notoriety? Now we have the Occupy Cow movement?

Dumb, dumb, it was all dumb. End of frustrated rant.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

wow - i am extremely ignorant - i had no idea that the amish culture fostered such childish behaviour as :

" i will shut dowm my far because i cannot sell milk across state lines "

why not just sell the milk to a cheese or butter company ??

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The reason that the laws of pasteurization of milk were created had two reasons. Big milk companies wanted to get all the suppliers they could so used the lysteria and other bacteria present in milk to create security for their milk market. The threat of Lysteria is present especially in unclean barns and where cleaning of the cow is not properly done. A majority of people aren't affected by this microbe and those who are could get it from breathing it in the air around farms too. Pasteurizing milk isn't as harmfull as homoginizing it. Some would argue with me and they may have more facts than I about pasteurization. This bacteria is also present in some soils purchased for outside plants sometimes. For inside plants it's wise to get the soils that are designated for inside planting because the soil has been baked. My wife taught me this, she has over a hundred inside plants. She did not know the exact reasons in full but knew you had to get baked soil. I suppose we don't need to know why sometimes but I'm just a curious person. I know so much of this trivial crap it's becoming obsessive compulsive.
edit on 14-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24

www.washingtontimes.com

Unpasteurized dairy products still have living enzymes in it and are so much healthier than the pasteurized stuff.

But TPTB do not want us to have good health. They have poisoned our food sources, water & air.
edit on 14-2-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
There are ways around the non pasteurized milk law . One way is they sell small part ownership into the farm so that the farm is not " selling to the public " .

Yes , slightly off topic but there are some farms out there that do have ways of selling " fresh milk " .

Good to know. But I think it's sad (& funny) that we have to sneak around "The Man" to score unpasteurized dairy products (raw milk, cream, butter, cheeses) as if these things were drugs.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
The Amish live in SE PA which borders NJ, DE, MD & DC - sounds like his customers are in the bordering states so may have not been cost effective for him to sell only in PA.

Peace
I don't know if that's a lucky guess, or if you know the area, but I know something of the area and that sounds about right. Probably the majority of his customers were not in PA.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
what an excellent use of resources.
After all humans have been drinking raw milk for say 3o.ooo years.
It about time the FDA steps on and squashes these backward people promoting a nutritionally rich food!
How dear they sell raw milk, which has killed no one! It only a matter of time, before the raw milk epidemic will actually heal people, we can't have that!
When homogenized, pasteurized milk is totally devoid of nutrients, has killed, and has been contaminated WITH the blessing of FDA many times.
Thats what we need more of - fake food!
I say, honey should be next.
How dear the bees cross state lines, and rape the flowers.
It is just regurgitated sugar! How dear the bees do this!
How dear, people sell the puke of bees!
Disguisting.

I suggest FDA go after CHEESES to, as they are laden with bacteria, fungi and a bunch of other things.
It is time to eat some more plastic, and toxic chemicals, after all, we are SOOO much smarter then the generations before us.

Go FDA!

I am so glad to be living in europe at this moment in time.
My breakfast, raw milk, and salami, with fungus on the outside (like cheese), would totally be banned in the good old US of A (United soviet republics of America)
edit on 15-2-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Don't throw facts into mindless hate fests...ruins the entertainment.

Star for you!

Yes you.. happy gilmore.. You... "Oh da doh de da de dho de da da de da.."

"it mide have fings in it.."

BAH!

edit on 15-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join