It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple prepares for Armageddon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

A couple in Texas has prepared themselves for Armageddon along with teaching others how to ready themselves for disaster.

I think what their doing is great. It's a short video and it seems, they have their stuff together. Enough food to last 20 people for 10 years, in one food storage area. They have (3) buses to take off in, if need be. Can live off grid totally. Well I suppose, till they run out of fuel. For the generators. They have a 3800 gal, water tank/rain barrel. don't seem like it would be enough h2o to sustain for very long. Also, in the event of a Nuclear War, with Fallout being an issue. Wont that contaminate the rain barrels right away?

I didn't see any type of underground bunker/shelter for them to get in. I believe you have to be behind some thick walls to be completely safe, no? I understand any shelter is better than nothing. But with all the work they have vested, I would think they have something.

I posted this just to show there are all types of people getting ready for something. Old and young alike. Another small reminder. That you'll be much better off and thankful, if you prepare ahead of time. Even if it's not something as large as this setup. They even have classes, to teach others about getting ready for Armageddon.

Link

Stay Safe,
c2

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If you'd like to post a question for his son, he made a post a few days ago with a similar NatGeo video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You should probably just post your stuff there.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The media is trying to demonize preppers which is wrong. I saw such an article on daily mail today saying 'bizarre' world of preppers. There is nothing bizarre in prepping as the 'survival forum' is one of my favorites.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If I were a prepper I wouldn't tell anyone except my family, And I would surely not show it on the internet or tv, it might attract wanderers and other people when the ''it'' happend.

edit on 8-2-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Thanks for the link. I appreciate the input.
I'll check it out in a few.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I agree with you about the media. All outlets of MSM spin their stories to make these people seem like loons.
they will make smart remarks after a bit. Just watch fox news for a few minutes. They are looked upon and treated
like the UFO community.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

I agree it would attract a lot of unwanted strays. And the trouble that comes along with that, you wont need or want to deal with that scenario unless you have to.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Preparing yourself is great but how the hell are you going to prepare for the missile thats about to land on your head? if you see it coming of course..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
If I were a prepper I wouldn't tell anyone except my family, And I would surely not show it on the internet or tv, it might attract wanderers and other people when the ''it'' happend.

edit on 8-2-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

Or maybe someone will make a map with all these caches on it and put it in a backpack with some guns and hand grenades. No need to lug supplies around when you have a map like that in your pocket right?
NOBODY should know about your preparations unless you plan to share it with them, there are people out there who will kill you for a baseball hat, imagine the worst in man and prepare for that.

top topics

join