It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the FBI really send me this ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It has to do with Nigeria. But I've sent them back nothing but hate mail. Are they trying to set me up ?

Here's the communicado:

ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONITORY CRIMES DIVISION
FBI HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, NW WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535-0001
Phone/Fax: 206-337-5630

Attention:

This is to officially inform you that the Central Bank in Nigeria has wired the sum of Ten Million, Five hundred thousand U.S Dollars into the United States of America in your name as the beneficiary.

The said funds is still under intense investigation from this office regarding it's source.

The Central Bank of Nigeria knowing fully well that they do not have enough facilities to effect this payment directly into your account, used what we know as a secret diplomatic transit payment (S.T.D.P) to pay this fund through wire transfer.

However, Secret diplomatic transfer payments are normally funds related to drug/terrorist and money laundering system of payment.

The Question now is, why must your payment be made in such secret transfer? If your transaction is legitimate and not related to drug/terrorism, why can't the Central Bank in Nigeria effect direct transfer into your account than secret diplomatic payment transfer?

Due to the increased difficulties and thorough scrutiny by the American authorities when funds come in through such payment process from Europe, Africa and Middle East and based on the records we have had in the past, such method of payment has always been identified as drug/ terrorist/money laundering funds.

However, in line with the United States policy on funds transfer, as soon as these funds are transferred into the United States, it is our compulsory obligations to establish the credentials and official recognition of this funds before final crediting into your account.

For this reason therefore, You are advised to contact the United States Funds monitoring unit, a sub-division of the US Treasury department for the certificate of funds legality.they are still waiting for confirmation from you on the already transferred funds which was made in direct transfer so that they can do final crediting to your account

This document or certificate empowers the transfer and also licenses that funds originating from Europe, Africa and Middle East are free from terrorist/drug and money laundering.

Failure to provide this document within 3 days will warrant us to confiscate these funds and further charge you for money laundering offences.

We will allow the funds to be released into your account as soon as you make provision for the essential document.We advice you contact us immediately as the funds have been Stopped and are being held in our custody,

Yours faithfully,

Robert S. Mueller, III
Director
© 2012 Microsoft Terms PrivacyAbout our adsAdvertiseDevelopers

Here is my answer to the the comminicado:

That's great three hots and a cot sound great to me. tho I know nothing of these endeavors I expect you to do all you can to keep my country safe. When can I expect you ? My wife is driving me nuts anyway and early retirement at camp snoopy Guantanamo would be just the thing.

So what do you think peeps ? Are my days finally numbered ? Happy birthady to me Happy birthday to me. Oh yes I love my government .Happy to me.

Randyvs.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Its crap mail!

The FBI wouldn't send you an e mail. That is a scam

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Op, 206 is a Seattle suffix for a phone number.

You've been duped.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This *scam* has been going on for about 5 years. You should report it to the FBI internet fraud division.

It's a federal offense to pretend to be the FBI. They WILL tack down the people who sent it to you.

Here is the FBI link for reporting, and to read of new scams hitting the web.

www.fbi.gov...

edit on 3-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have 2 points.

1. The FBI would never do that.

2. Unless someone actually sent you a million dollars!!! You lucky guy!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just another scam...

It is a scam. The FBI will never, never email you unless you first contact them. They WILL NOT EVER email you to tell you you are under investigation or for any other reason. Count on it.

This is a simple AFF scam - to try to get you to send the scammer money via Western Union. Notice that their email address is not at the FBI! (@FBI.gov)

www.consumerfraudreporting.org

OiO

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Transfer the money to my account. I'll then transfer it to someone else's, and we can shuffle it around until it gets lost in their paper trails.

Then we can all meet in Costa Rica just before this Summer.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I dunno, there are enough spelling errors and grammatical mistakes in there to make me think it might just be from our government.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No this is not the real FBI....this is a scam..run from Nigeria to get your information..and to try to get money from you etc. If you go onto the real FBI website there is warnings about this.

Also...I personally had these Nigerian people try to scam me...and I contacted my local FBI and found out that they are just scam artists.

Don't answer the email...and block them from your email address. Don't give them any information.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Funny answer you gave them. Since I presume that was an exact 'copy/paste', surely you noticed the horrible spelling and grammar mistakes, as a well-informed, well educated ATS member should.

But most humorous is the inept phone number mistake, there in the "FBI" Washington D.C., bureau.

(Psssst....don't tip the idiots in "Nigeria" off to their errors.....it's funnier for all of us to read it, when left in!)

You may enjoy reading this other version that seems to be floating around:

800notes.com...

(Maybe a better SPAM filter would be a good Valentine's Day present??)
edit on Fri 3 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yo Randy!

I got a similar email maybe 8 years ago.. This guy from Nigeria even sent me a scan his passport

So yeah, it's a scam. It's actually called "The Nigeria scam"

edit on 3-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Sounds great Jibby, I always pictured myself and some great ones like yourself on a beach in the Bahamas tho.
Earning 20%.. Just like in the movie Die Hard.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I starred you for the funny story.....peace ps how much you going to give the x

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The simple answer is no.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My wife once had a friend of hers (another nurse) have an on-line "romance". She sent thousands to Nigeria to her "boyfriend" and he left her a broken heart.
We tried and tried to tell her, but she would not listen.

It happens to the best of us, I suppose.

link   
419 scam....simples

I cant believe people fall for this crap to be honest. If people are dumb enough to believe these scams....they deserve to get scammed.

I get about 10 emails a week telling me someone has died and left millions of pounds in a bank....other emails from major banks telling me my account has been compromised (even though ive never had accounts with said banks).

People do fall for this...this thread is evidence of that.

link   
reply to post by yeahright

Yeh is that incluing mine ? ok I fixed it.

edit on 3-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
How could you possibly think this was legit when the grammar and spelling are so bad?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks for the heads up advice Cal. I asure you I'm far from doing anything like that. Thanks you're sweet.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Nigeria scammers piss me off to no end.

That "N" word country... Nigeria should be given another "N" in the form of some nice Nukes...

I hate scammers. F'n deadbeats.
edit on 3-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join