It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina accused of plotting Falklands blockade

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
we don't get any special deals since we dont ask for them and the monroe declaration is pretty clear that what belonged to the old world countries stays theirs...

On the Monroe Thingamajig, the fact that the US has treated the Falklands as British is a historical fact. Indeed, the US opened a consulate in Stanley in 1875 and this indicates diplomatic recognition. It would take too long to list all the other signs of US, Argentinean and other national recognition of this fact.

We should stop talking about Monroe like it has relevance, because it does not.

The British claim of sovereignty has been uncontested, even by the Spanish where neither nation asserted pre-eminent claim. This was before Argentina was even on the cards. You can argue the toss about all the treaties between the England/Britain and Spain, and everyone else since the 1400’s, but the one that counts is the 1850 Convention of Settlement where the Argentineans gave up any claim for the Islands. This is a matter of historical fact. Again, it would take too long to list all the other treaties, conventions and agreements, but they exist.

This is all political farting about by the Argentineans. They need to chill out and live up to their historical obligations and stop acting like buffoons.

Regards

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Flavian

we took those places in a war with mexico and captured their leader and he cut a shady deal(to save his life) and we paid them (albeit poorly,but hey how many people who lost land got payed for it?) and if a few votes in congress would have gone diffrently we would have annexed the whole thing so i dont think the "occupation" of texas or new mexico is at risk of ending any time soon.... or about as likely as Argentina taking those islands from the Brits or even pulling off an econiomic victory against them

It wasn't meant as a serious post, i'm sorry if you took it that way. Ludvig likes to make baseless posts so i thought i'd throw one back at him

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

you guys have 8 of those things????

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Couldn't the UK government just ask (or even subsidize) British Airways to send a plane over there once a week instead to replace the cancelled plane route?

Problem solved

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
why does the UK even still have all these territories miles from our shores which as far as I'm aware do little to benefit our economy...? just did a Wiki search and learnt there are 14 British Oversea Territories... about time they are given to the locals and resources pulled and made use of in the UK... never benefited me being a British citizen as far as I'm aware so doubt will make much difference whether a British territory or not really

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
first time poster, long time reader.
i have a couple of questions on the subject, so please humour me if my questions seem a bit stupid.
if the people of the falklands decided not to be british then why would they become argenitinian? wouldnt they become independant?
also why is this not seen as argentina bullying a small nation? (this seems to be argentina trying to squeeze a small island nation financially untill they submit)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OAC92

that seems like an intersting point and more importantly welcome to ATS!!

i dont think they would have to be Argentinians but so far that is what all votes have been be Argentinian or be British
as to the independence thing im not quite sure how that would work but hey who knows

small nation big friends

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Are you #ing serious???
Now we argentinians are the conquerorps??? Wtf the world has turn upside down!!
They the maggot of cameron to give their people what they deserve instead of focusing in an island far away just to make brittish forget the troubles in which they are now economically speaking

He even dare to call Argentina a colonization force and the poor uneducated people in britain believe him.

Just to make people focus in other things but their own problems, give your own people a better wayt of living Mr. Cameron and forget about Argentinians!!

this is obviously an operation as the ones being held in the middle east to make people forget their own economic problems and get an exterior enemy in which to focus.

poor people in Britain

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Did we give up?

Where we even taking into notice of that, or Britain just assumed it will be that way, after killing the people living in Malvinas in 1832 that were part of our country since our Independence Act in 1816??
You are very missinformed.

I`m sure many countries had been under the colonization power without even the right to vote for something, and even more in those years.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OAC92

My friend the thing is that the Argentinians living there were killed in 1832 by a covert invasion of the British Navy, which afterwards left their own people living there claiming their land

By the way do you see any Mayans or Aztec comunity after the Spanish arrived to Mexico?
OF COURSE NOT
THEY WERE MURDERED!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I guees you are living in a different world than me mike!!
Arrogant Ms Kirchner or the arrogant is Mr. Cameron that even sent a ship with his little puppy down here to Malvinas??

Domestic problems? Where are you living my friend inside hollow earth i might say!!
We are having our best economy since the last 150 years and the future is welcoming us since we draw back the IMF policies that were extensive to all south america and made all our countries poor and defenseless.
Nearly 55 % of the people voted Mrs. Cristina Kirchner in the last democratic elections so she must be pretty right in the domestic maneuvers at economic and political levels i guess; and by the way we are not an agressive country in any way but will continue with our claim in the UN where UK has the power to drawback any voting as I know

A very fair cuality isn`t it?
we have 6.3% of unemployed people
96 % of the retired people are getting 2 rise bonuses per year to keep their adquisitive power.
The basic salary is around 1000 u$s dollars, we have free health plans for every one living here in our country even if they are not Argentinians.

We have free University education for everyone in our country, with many Noble prizes that came fron the state universities, the ones that rise up to near 30 in the whole country; and again they can study for free even if they are not Argentinians, imagine that in UK or USA!!!!

The people without job perceive a social payment that allows them to fill the basic alimentary needs.

The women that are pregnant and are alone perceive a social bonus as the children that are having economic problems in their families, so they can study instead of going to work, so they can have the possibilities that their parents didn`t have.

We have all our documentation for free and in less than 24 hours, even passports.

We have the best competitive salary in all the Latin countries.

If you are gay you are invited to get married here legally without discrimination.

And many many more problems ass you said, yeah we are very ff#ked up!!!

edit on 2-2-2012 by N1thNa1ath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

yeah they eat the whole fish they catch even in Argentinians waters!!!

Which is this taken from Wiki?
Oh i see very it`s a very serious source.

You should come to Argentina and update by the way this numbers from wiki, i guess they are from the 70`s

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

No i guess we should ask Cameron, he always tells the truth!!!!

just being sarcastic if you didn`t noticed

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

what for? to get sunk?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloud_Striffe

Well my friend you are not living in the same Argentina as me
Sorry to tell but 75% of things you are saying are LIES!!!
May be you want to marry some guy from Uk, unless that i don`t really understand which Argentina you are talking about; of course i agree about the war invented by our corrupt military, but for god sake when did our retired people get the incomes they are getting now for the work of their whole lifes???

they were never taking into account till Kirchner arrived to the presidency, you can`t deny that fact as many other; may be you are in an opposite political party, but this things are true and should be considered fact by anyone living here.

i guess you don`t loke Cristina, but you might recognize the things that were done right.
God Bless you
NAMASTE

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I guess you are reading the wrong newspaper my friend!!
half the things you mentioned here didn`t even happen, and the other half are invented by a multimedios like Clarin or La Nacion, because they are loosing big bucks; our president made equal the access to the paper to be used in the printing of some newspapers (which was kept under the control of La nacion and Clarin for the last 50 years cause they owned the paper industries here in Argentina and of course the access and prizze of the paper sold) , in which Clarin and La Nacion had shares, so they did monopolize the market for the last 50 years, denying access to different newspapers that were local and couldn`t get competitive prizes to the readers.

Is this why they are always attacking the government and telling more lies than truth, hitting the government any way they can because not even one President till Nestor Kirchner dare to fight back the power of the multimedia that even had made governments fail because of information manipulation, changing the peoples opinion for their own purposes.

Not everything you read is true, but more if they come form a media that are backed up by the Warner and the CNN in all the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Are you #ing serious???
Now we argentinians are the conquerorps??? Wtf the world has turn upside down!!
They the maggot of cameron to give their people what they deserve instead of focusing in an island far away just to make brittish forget the troubles in which they are now economically speaking

He even dare to call Argentina a colonization force and the poor uneducated people in britain believe him.

Just to make people focus in other things but their own problems, give your own people a better wayt of living Mr. Cameron and forget about Argentinians!!

this is obviously an operation as the ones being held in the middle east to make people forget their own economic problems and get an exterior enemy in which to focus.

poor people in Britain

i dont agree with cameron most of the time but he wasn't calling argentina a conquer corps, as far as i can see he was suggesting that the fact that your government (more so than your people by the sounds of things) seems to have a problem with the falklands not being theirs.. im sorry but that does sound just a little colonialistic to me.

also how is this a distraction? your government are the ones kicking up dust about the whole thing, if your government didn't have a problem with the falklands being british there wouldn't be a situation for brits to be 'distracted' by in the first place.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath
Did we give up?

Yes. As Argentina did not assert their claim for a few decades it is assumed they acquiesced to the prior British claim, which was a prior claim and in place before Argentina was created. Thta point is just for starters.

Where we even taking into notice of that, or Britain just assumed it will be that way, after killing the people living in Malvinas in 1832 that were part of our country since our Independence Act in 1816??

You need to research history. Not some Argentinean bias website, but real history. The British evicted no one from the Falklands who we not there illegally.

I think Argentina should look to return the lands taken from the indigenous natives since their independence, rather than trying to take land which was sovereign British before Argentina was created. I suppose taking people against their will must be an Argentine habit.

en.wikipedia.org... for starters

Regards

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Are you #ing serious???
Now we argentinians are the conquerorps???

Definitely not. That would require that Argentina actually conquer something, instead of making consecutive failed attempts to colonise a handful of miniscule islands that belong to someone else.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

2 points only....
1. argentina was totally and sickeningly crushed last time round.would love to see how quickly we could do it this time.dont even think a general mobilisation would be required,just a supported special forces action.prob paras,marines,army air corps and raf regiment and a few guys with beards and recently acquired tans.
2. i think the fact that a quite senior royal is deploying there is a clear sign that history will repeat itself,and is being quietly spun as such.anyone too young or new to this conflict will be unaware that his prince harrys uncle prince andrew served in the original conflict
2(a). cant even resist,without appearing jingoistic,but state that i think now after being occupied 30 years ago.the actual falkland islanders could fight off the argentinian military with strong language and paintball guns

in all honesty this is not a "war" i am worried about my country engaging in,even though britain is busy elsewhere.at least this one is in defence of citizens and liberty

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join