It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it morally wrong to take a life? Not really, say bioethicists

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
So its alright to kill Stephen Hawkings since he is completely disabled according to this article? I'm sure he would tell you not to.

If you actually read the paper, they are talking about irreversibly unconsciouss people on the brink of death, kept alive only by life support and with no chance of recovery, but not brain dead yet. Very different from Hawkings disability.

Now, I am against redefining death as sometime before brain death. But truth be said, if I was in such condition, I would not care one bit if they take the organs or wait for brain death. So according to golden rule, their logic is sound.
edit on 1/2/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/2/12 by Maslo because: typo

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What is chilling is that this was published.

The media isn't even giving 5 million revolters and protesters in Sicily coverage right now. 5 million!!!!!

Yet this corrupt statement got coverage.

I guess they might be realizing that their attempts to trick their way through what they think are cracks in cosmic laws that they can exploit like used cars salemen, are not cutting it.

They don't have permissions! You do know its all about permissions and free will?

So they think if they sneak a small statement whereby scientists are comparing humans to weeds and the real implication is that the garden needs to be pruned for NWO and that the tares need to be culled.

THEY ARE THE TARES!

Well, thats not permissions!

Oh, there are 5 million protesting in Sicily. Cosmically, all the protests including OWS took their right to dominate us away.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

If you read the thread this is not about just that article. I created this to discuss how we are heading a dangerous direction as these idea's become more and more accepted. See the items I added one page back. The trend is scary as hell.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't have an opinion about this , at least not one I would share of fear of being flamed to death by the utopian types, so I will just ask a question(by the way I am a realist).

Question:what do we do with the billions of humans that serve no purpose what so ever except to take from the world and give back nothing, while these humans are idle (except to breed billions more just like them) they become more and more demanding and powerful every day?

Before you flame me , PLEASE think about what I ask,get rid of your emotions and really think about what is happening in the world today and what you would do to survive in it once the workers have given all that is left to the takers.

I guess I gave away my opinion in the question...............didn't I ?

edit on 4-2-2012 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Now we just need to wait for the irony to play out. Someone takes the life of these bioethicysts and then point to the plaque on their wall stating how fine it is

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz

What a ridiculous statement.

Comparing killing a man to pulling weeds?

i get it, but my common sense disagrees.

And yes, disturbing is a good word for this!

Pay attention students!
This is how the mind of a psychopath works. Completely insensitive to human emotion or human social attachment or inherent value.

All life = means to an end.

Kinda like the borg.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

I don't have an opinion about this , at least not one I would share of fear of being flamed to death by the utopian types, so I will just ask a question(by the way I am a realist).

Question:what do we do with the billions of humans that serve no purpose what so ever except to take from the world and give back nothing, while these humans are idle (except to breed billions more just like them) they become more and more demanding and powerful every day?

Before you flame me , PLEASE think about what I ask,get rid of your emotions and really think about what is happening in the world today and what you would do to survive in it once the workers have given all that is left to the takers.

7 billion human beings take up less than 3.1% of the land surface of the earth.
If we started to live on ocean colonies then it goes down by A LOT.
97% of the land on earth is unoccupied by humans.

The entire human population (7 billion people) can fit in the state of texas

Overpopulation is a scam.
edit on 4-2-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

What about when you factor in thinkgs like food availability and infrastructure to support these species

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

My question has nothing to do with over populating the earth, I can't imagine you read my post and answered it like this, please re-read the second paragraph and then answer the question that was put to whom ever has the ability to think about what I am asking.

If your sitting in a cubical and have nothing but talking points, I understand, you just don't have the ability to understand and answer a quetion like this as well as whom ever stared your reply.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I've always argued against the overpopulation people, i knew it was bunk.

Thanks for bringing facts, numbers, percentages, and comparisons into the thread!

Ya learn something everyday! thank you.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I've always argued against the overpopulation people, i knew it was bunk.

Thanks for bringing facts, numbers, percentages, and comparisons into the thread!

Ya learn something everyday! thank you.
You have learned nothing, you have been miss directed from the true problem...........but then again so has most everyone else.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

A few questions have to be answered by you before your own question can be.

Who is the "we" who have to do something with the billions of humans "that serve no purpose"?

What is the "purpose" that the "we" serve and how do they do it that the others don't?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Uh i was complimenting your post..

But thanks?

how rude.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Uh i was complimenting your post..

But thanks?

how rude.
I think your miss reading the whole post, your complimenting and thanking for stats, I gave no stats.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

A few questions have to be answered by you before your own question can be.

Who is the "we" who have to do something with the billions of humans "that serve no purpose"?

What is the "purpose" that the "we" serve and how do they do it that the others don't?

The "we" are anyone that has the nerve or insight to admit that the takers are out numbering the people that take responsability for there exsistance and when the responsable ones can no longer provide for the takers they will come for you, only they will have breed another 3 or 4 billion into there ranks while the providers will have reduced in numbers.

The "purpose" of the "we" are to provid for the takers as they have for ever tell realism sets in and they see that they can't do it any longer while the takers just keep breeding into there ranks.

It's all human nature and will have to be delt with someday no matter how evil you may think it sounds, or just sit back and let them come in all there hate and rage when the handout dry up. You are already seeing how angree the intitlement people are, what happens when one worker can'y feed a 100 takers??

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The "we" are anyone that has the nerve or insight to admit that the takers are out numbering the people that take responsability for there exsistance and when the responsable ones can no longer provide for the takers they will come for you, only they will have breed another 3 or 4 billion into there ranks while the providers will have reduced in numbers.

The "purpose" of the "we" are to provid for the takers as they have for ever tell realism sets in and they see that they can't do it any longer while the takers just keep breeding into there ranks.

It's all human nature and will have to be delt with someday no matter how evil you may think it sounds, or just sit back and let them come in all there hate and rage when the handout dry up. You are already seeing how angree the intitlement people are, what happens when one worker can'y feed a 100 takers??

First off, the "takers" who feel entitled to all they get and more are a peculiarity of the West created in the last 8-9 decades. It is not human nature by any stretch of imagination. So there are not "billions" of people you have to worry about and do something about, only a few hundred million or one billion, living in the West, at most.

But supposing your imagination exceeds the stretches that I can imagine and you believe it is human nature and a few in the West are feeding, clothing and supplying everything for everyone in the world, still since the billions living outside the West lack the mechanisms to "get to you", you are still left with at most a billion to "have to do something" about.

Second, I am still trying to figure out how any of this has anything to give back to the world. You claimed the "we" somehow give something back to the world that the rest don't. Here you are talking only about giving to the others, not back to the world.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

First off, the "takers" who feel entitled to all they get and more are a peculiarity of the West created in the last 8-9 decades. It is not human nature by any stretch of imagination. So there are not "billions" of people you have to worry about and do something about, only a few hundred million or one billion, living in the West, at most.

But supposing your imagination exceeds the stretches that I can imagine and you believe it is human nature and a few in the West are feeding, clothing and supplying everything for everyone in the world, still since the billions living outside the West lack the mechanisms to "get to you", you are still left with at most a billion to "have to do something" about.

Second, I am still trying to figure out how any of this has anything to give back to the world. You claimed the "we" somehow give something back to the world that the rest don't. Here you are talking only about giving to the others, not back to the world.

Why do people have to give back to other people?

Whats the point of this marxist?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think of moral principals as general beliefs about what is best in most circumstances. In that case, I view taking a HUMAN life as wrong. Still, I take each situation as is, and look at all the context before deciding whether to stick to the principal, or over-ride it due to another principal taking precedent. If you give me 100 situations to judge whether it's best to take a life or not, I'll probably say no in 97-98 of those cases.

As for equating a human life, to the life of a plant

edit on 5-2-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

A few weeks ago I may have disagreed, this week and what I been through, mental and emotional torture, I am beginning to concur with this idea...some people are just too evil and immoral to breathe the same air as me....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Why are you putting this on the west? this is a world event that is happening, the west did not create this as you say, it is the whole world that is involved in supporting the billions that refuse to take responsability for them selves or just can't because of there surrondings, and then breed even more into there world of hand outs and intitlements and just plain dirt poor poverty.

This is not an imagined event, this is real, it is all about humans and our lazy self distructive nature.

You tell me, do you really think the people that are in need of assistance in the world is going to get better? and if so, how.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join