It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill T

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I dislike Obama for a lot of reasons, but this isn't one of them.

There are too many single mothers, in poverty that are discouraged to get abortions. They will remain in poverty for the rest of their lives, their children will grow up without fathers, and a nice percentage of the children without fathers will be criminals.

As another poster said, abortion shouldn't be the first choice.
There are many other choices before that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
The adoption process is so complicated and very expensive..and there are many children that should not have been born..I would rather know that tissue was scraped from a womans uterus than to know that child be born in to a world of poverty, hate, hunger, sadness, ie...there are so many children that are unloved and abused..the thought of it breaks my heart.

That is my biggest issue with the anti-abortion side of the debate. I always hear politicians preaching about how abortion is wrong yet they never want to address the things that could naturally prevent abortion and then judge and ridicule those who are on food stamps because they chose to keep their baby instead of having an abortion.

It's simply hypocritical. I am personally against abortion but I'm also for all of the things that would keep the numbers down like streamlining the adoption process and take the private companies out of it, more assistance to medical costs related to the baby, and huge promotion of prevention.

Religion needs to be taken away from the argument and it needs to be treated as a civics issue.

- Keep abortion safe and legal
- Promote safe sex and birth control
- Streamline adoption
- Cover medical costs and financial support throughout childhood

Do those things and abortion will diminish more than if you were to try to illegalize it (as you said, women would do it anyway).

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Obama: "Abortion Enables Our Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams"

Really? How about the daughters that will never be born?

Genius. Really. The guy is sharp.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Really? How about the daughters that will never be born?

Genius. Really. The guy is sharp.

Thats what i was saying.
"Abotions enable our daughters to fulfull their dreams"

Well, generally speaking, if they were having unprotected sex (not always the case, mistakes happen), then you accept that responsibility. It overrides everything at least until you give birth, and give the child up for adoption. Then you can go back to you 'dreams',
Frankly, most of the people i'm refering to (this is not the case everywhere, just from the people i know) their dreams are to continue to drink and smoke, while being pregnant, and while still #ing anything that walks. Thats the extent of some peoples dreams.
Especially those doing it for welfare. I could kill some of these people. Sorry.

edit on 23/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Obama proves once again he IS a DIVIDER! Abortion is murder! What about abstainance? The pill?
How about all the women whom want children but can't have them. Perhaps monetary incentives for
Adoption. Why not cut all the bull and red tape and make adoption simple?

But no!! He goes to the extreme first!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
He did not say, "Abortion Enables Our Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams"

Originally posted by paxnatus
“And as we remember this historic anniversary, we must also continue our efforts to ensure that our daughters have the same rights, freedoms, and opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams.”

And NOWHERE in there does he say QUOTE "Abortion Enables Our Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams" END QUOTE

When you put something in quote marks, that means they said those ACTUAL words in that order. That's not what he said.
edit on 1/23/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I agree with you, I am in the believe that birth control, any type of birth control should be free and easy accesible to everyone that is sexually active, because once a teen becomes sexually active is not turning back not matter how much preaching of the religious right will do.

It is sad to see that also adoption is every hard to do in this this nation when you see so many American people seeking adoption outside of the US.

But if churches and the governemnt start giving free birth control in this nation then Churches would not have anything to bicker, complain and preach about.

Sad, everthing done in our nation is double edged depending the type of agendas been pursued, political or religious.

Everybody pays, the unborn, the women that are forced to carry their unwanted pregnacies and the children that are born unwated.

At the end, the ones that are blamed are the women as usual.

edit on 23-1-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"Obama: "Abortion Enables Our Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams", of killing unborn babies because they won't take responsibility for their actions.

There ya go Obama, I finished it for ya'.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
loony christians again, against abortion, also against contraception. In case you are too thick to figure it out its because Catholics etc want to be dominant. Its got nothing to do with sanctity of life or god.

I feel it is everyones right to choose, if you think its murder then dont get a #ing abortion, but dont push your #ty fundamentalist view on everyone else. Its everyones right to choose. Birth control fails sometimes. Would you want you daughter to have to give birth to a rapists child? Thought not, get over it.

I actually feel that the state should force abortions in certain cases, such as addicts and other wasters and extremists, people who commit incest etc etc. Some of you should never be allowed children. I would personally make abortion mandatory unless you fulfil a specific criteria such as being able to provide for your child without handouts for starters. I also find it digusting when woman have 5 kids with 5 different guys. 2 strikes and your ovaries are out should help that one.

I believe india have a sterilisation program where you get a car, its about time other countries did the same. The earth cannot support the growing numbers for much longer. There a literally billions below the poverty line and you feel every child should be born regardless? lol go back to the stone age where humans are simply trying to survive as a species. Over population is a serious issue and anything that can be done to address that is for the good of mankind. because of people like you genocide/starvation will probably be the only answer left, sad times. Please come join the modern era.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Simple answer; the world is way too overpopulated, some women are not fit to be mothers, unborn baby is better off never existing. They wouldn't even know they're being aborted. People always like to say things like, 'well how would you like it if your mother aborted you?' Pretty sure I wouldn't remember my mom aborting me, so it would be a nonissue. This thing we call life ain't so great anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

I'm actually an atheist, and if somebody gets raped, I'd be fine with them getting abortions. But what percentage of abortions match those conditions? 10%? 1%? 0.1%?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You apparently do not understand what a quatation mark means?

Your headline..

What the OP article actually qoutes:

“And as we remember this historic anniversary, we must also continue our efforts to ensure that our daughters have the same rights, freedoms, and opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams.”

The quatation marks are false...he never said that...He didn't even infer it unless you think "our sons" are capable of having abortions. He was speaking to equal rights.

“As we mark the 39th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we must remember that this Supreme Court decision not only protects a woman’s health and reproductive freedom, but also affirms a broader principle: that government should not intrude on private family matters,” Obama said. “I remain committed to protecting a woman’s right to choose and this fundamental constitutional right.

“While this is a sensitive and often divisive issue -- no matter what our views, we must stay united in our determination to prevent unintended pregnancies, support pregnant woman and mothers, reduce the need for abortion, encourage healthy relationships, and promote adoption,” Obama said.

You Manufactured a quote.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wait am i missing something here? The right to choose is Sexist? What drugs are you on OP?

People need to get their noses out of other people's business. I'm a firm believer in equal rights, everyone should be treated equal, if a girl does not want to have a baby, she does not have to. Its not your business or the governments.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You're correct of course.
In this case however, the misquote accurately reflects what was originally stated by him. Just a bit less wordy. That's why I had no problem perpetuating it in this thread.

He was intimating that by having an abortion, they would have the same rights and freedoms as our sons - who obviously cannot get pregnant, nevermind carry a child to term and giving birth, and/or raise a child ->

-> 3 things he seems to think would "ruin" a womans opportunity at having a "successful" life.... which is also a load of bullshyt

Like i said. He's a real sharp cookie. TelePRomTer werK gud oN dAt one, THanx

:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing

loony christians again

I feel it is everyones right to choose

I actually feel that the state should force abortions in certain cases

At least the loonies have a stance.
You're dancing on glass there pal. Which is it?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'll dip my foot in this thread with only one thing to share beyond the given that Obama is a dolt who is behaving and speaking like a Lame Duck President with no chance for reelection.

55,000,000 that's 55 MILLION babies have died since the Roe v. Wade decision. Just doesn't seem right does it??

On the tenth anniversary of Roe v Wade in 1983 that number was just over 15 Million.

www.nrlc.org...

Oh to have Ronald Reagan again. He had a firm grip on this issue
cnsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
Simple answer; the world is way too overpopulated, some women are not fit to be mothers, unborn baby is better off never existing. They wouldn't even know they're being aborted. People always like to say things like, 'well how would you like it if your mother aborted you?' Pretty sure I wouldn't remember my mom aborting me, so it would be a nonissue. This thing we call life ain't so great anyway.

Over population is a myth
All of the human bodies on earth can fit in the borders of australia.
and 'lack of resources' is also a myth.
edit on 23/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He did not say, "Abortion Enables Our Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams"

Originally posted by paxnatus

And NOWHERE in there does he say QUOTE "Abortion Enables Our Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams" END QUOTE

When you put something in quote marks, that means they said those ACTUAL words in that order. That's not what he said.
edit on 1/23/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

BH, you are really pissing me off!! Here! This is the Drudge report! The title on his front page is exactly as Idrudgereport.com quoted.

Obama: Abortion Enables 'Our Daughters' To 'Fulfill Their Dreams'...

Now, do you want to discuss the issue at hand or continue calling me a liar?

Pax

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You're correct of course.
In this case however, the misquote accurately reflects what was originally stated by him. Just a bit less wordy.

What????

Less wordy????? You removed entire paragraphs, inserted the word "Abortion", and put quotes around it.

WTF????

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Simple, the majority should have a choice and an unfit few should not. In the UK pregnancy is often abused to gain better housing and additional state handouts. A former friend abused this system to get a council house in home village which would have been impossible for a childless couple, not to mention the 25 year waiting list for a single person. The child benefits are then spent on drugs and alchohol whislt the kids eat the worst quality frozen food available, farmfoods slice sausage being a favourite. £1 for 24 pieces i think it was. O and guess what, daddy left the 3 kids and is now with someone else, he should be steralised but they should probably have tested her for drugs and aborted the first child as it now has various ailments induced by her drug use such as asthma and possible metal issues. My view, in comparison with obama is quite moderate. I like him more every day and im pretty sure the good people of america will re elect him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join