It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there free elections in the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
or do you think the voting is rigged, not as in one faction has an unfair advantage through overwhelming resources, but the counting of the votes being rigged. If you think that there are no free elections, that it is all a show and the votes are rigged, why do you think so?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

It's been proved over a long period of time that our elections are rigged. If one of us ever became president, then both the congress and the senate would stonewall us endlessly and we'd get nothing done. It's one of them or it's nobody. That's my opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

It's been proved over a long period of time that our elections are rigged.

Where'sthe proof? Do you have any links or anything to back that claim up?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

It's been proved over a long period of time that our elections are rigged. If one of us ever became president, then both the congress and the senate would stonewall us endlessly and we'd get nothing done. It's one of them or it's nobody. That's my opinion.

So what is a solution?
2nd

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Actually its the president who stonewalls congress, not the other way around.

Okay so there are people who tink there are no free presidential elections in the US. What makes you think this is the case, other than your candidate did not win oc :p .
edit on 21-1-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lapislazuli

Not that going back to paper ballots are a fail proof solution. However vote fraud has increased dramatically since the new boxes. As far as proof a good beginning is to go back to the work that Keith and Kenneth Collier did back in the early 70's. There are some experts who are called upon to help find when vote fraud occurs However proving it and being able to actually do something about it soon becomes a different issue.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You can prove or disprove anything you want with numerous sources.... It is what people will do with the information, or if they decide to do anything at all.

You know the saying... How do you know if a politician is lying? They are talking.

It's going to take a whole lot more than people talking on an internet forum to make things change.... How many are actually WILLING and will FOLLOW through to act on anything?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
NO - We live under an Economic Dictatorship

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
or do you think the voting is rigged, not as in one faction has an unfair advantage through overwhelming resources, but the counting of the votes being rigged. If you think that there are no free elections, that it is all a show and the votes are rigged, why do you think so?

The problem I have with voting in the Presidential election is the Electoral College System. The possibility of members not voting the popular will is one of many ways this system can be abused.

One Person,One Vote should be the American way.

And why are elections held on Tuesdays?

I bet if elections were held on Saturday or Sunday voter turn out would increase a great deal.

Rigged? Not sure. Manipulated? Absolutely.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Are there free elections in the USA?: - In a word, no. Here's how it is: Someone like David Rockefeller decides who he wants to be President, and that's who is President. - That person, for the last 50 years. has had 2 jobs they must not fail in: 1) Sell globalization. 2) Sell whatever the next decided war is. That's it. Presidents are just talking-head salesmen for the powers that be. They are told what to do and say. They are Owned. They are tools.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I heard on Coast to Coast the other day that the same company that owns the ATM's across america also owns the voters boxes. But they wont print out receipts that can verified in the election because it "costs to much money", and yet you get a receipt for the $2.50 you spend in a store.

Ill see if I can find links, Im not sure if this is legit.

One point though, why cant we verify evotes with printed records?

EDIT: Ok I guess they sold out in 2009... after the last election.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21/1/2012 by osirys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I believe GOP polls are rigged. With all this massive support for Ron Paul, yet Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney come out on top? Something funny is going on for sure.

edit on 22-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Do people have a right to free elections, when it comes to electing the candidate? I mean legally, seen as anybody can run as an indipendent, are the preeliminaries part of the process to elect the president, or can you fix the election any way you want, legally? Not the presidential election, the election to elect the candidate within the party.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Check out this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join