It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the wind alive, a living organism? (speculative)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by BBalazs

You may as well say that water is alive.
or dirt.

edit on 21-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

Yes, you could say that water is alive. It has memory. It is programmable. It can be life giving/sustaining or stagnant.

Take a look at this -

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Thats the funniest thing I've seen, and so well done !!

Star for u !!

lmao

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Are you trying to make a case for the Gaia Hypothesis that the earth is a living organism, with all on it interconnected? And that a goddess rules earth?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
sorry... wind &/or air currents are not Autonomous...

air movements are the result of planet rotation, the results of the Sun's heat-cooling
and of course our Divine Goddess the Moon itself which creates Tides

now the wind does carry life and energy...but that does not make the wind 'alive' of itself

the 'magic' of air currents, winds (of whatever magnitude), are not self regulating entities...
wind is just a vehicle used by Gaia for her own purposes...a mindless 'soldier' following Laws & Rules

i will review the pages of comments posted..now that i have had my say

thanks

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
1. The earth is a toroid.
2. Gravity is a larger aspect of that toroid like the suns heliosphere - Toroidal Russian Dolls
3. You'r Aura/EMF field (note it is more than EMF) is a Toroid which has a series of smaller toroids all bounded together via its Gravitational like heliosphere quality.
4. The Earth and Human/Animal auras are designed to blend with the worlds toroid when relaxed/content, happy etc i.e. grounded. This in turn enhances the worlds Toroidal field in a positive manner - Positive ions in the atmosphere stir it (note positive ions are negative in effect, negative ions are positive in effect).

Its a good thing there are allot of wild animals on this world to balance to some extent the human factor....I feel the wind is an extension of the sum total effect of Human/Animal emotional vibrational states across the world. it is a symbiotic synergy of tangible-spiritual aspects qualities and elements of the world. No doubt there are other factors however such as solar influences, tho those too I feel are caused by a feed back loop with the world and its denizens

IMO Best not to watch weather reports with fear, it only feeds the hurricanes. Positive energy however is much stronger than negative so it only takes a handful of the population to contribute to damping out the negative effect of the masses obsession with being informed about disaster. Tho in these times its a tilting a bit on the side of imbalance.

Once one becomes sensitive they can see how their mood and thoughts effect the weather...especially when living in a secluded area.

Do some research on cloud busting

P.S. St Udio:

I'm don't think rotation is what causes the main guf of the wind. The wind I feel... is statically fastened in a tranquil sense via EMF etc. the same way as we are fastened and do not feel the worlds rotation...I think that the natural tranquil breeze is caused by the tides...and of coarse it responds to organisms the same as water since it is partly moisture and saturated with EMF...

Just some food for thought

edit on 21-1-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
comment removed - nevermind

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just for fun I found this vid on Sylphs of the air

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiratio

Its a good thing there are allot of wild animals on this world to balance to some extent the human factor....I feel the wind is an extension of the sum total effect of Human/Animal emotional vibrational states across the world. it is a symbiotic synergy of tangible-spiritual aspects qualities and elements of the world. No doubt there are other factors however such as solar influences, tho those too I feel are caused by a feed back loop with the world and its denizens

So are you saying that generally humans have an adverse effect on the wind which is balanced by the wild animals? Why would that be the case?

Ignoring any solar influence for a moment, what is the mechanism that causes the wind to blow in a particular place and at a particular time in this theory?

For example where I live we are at the junction it seems of many systems. The wind can be blowing one direction one minute and another completely opposite the next. I have stood open field and over the course of about 15 minutes watched the direction of 'bend' on the long grass (a hay field) rotate completely through 360 degrees in a steady motion. How could this be explained by tangible-spiritual aspects qualities and elements of the world?

edit on 21/1/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The wind is life when taken from a Hindu perspective it is well explained

Vayu was the god of wind in more than the sense of the powerful winds that blow through the airs.
He was also looked at as the god of the breath of life itself.

One of his most famous tales serves as an illustration of the importance of breath to every other expression of life. A story is told that all of the gods who granted their powers to man gathered one day, each one claiming to be more powerful than the other. To determine who was in fact the most powerful, each god would leave their post on the man. For example, the god responsible for man’s ability to hear would depart, and the man would be struck deaf. When the god returned, the man would be able to hear, and the next god would leave. One by one they each took their turn leaving, and in each case the man was ultimately unharmed.

At last it came to Vayu.

He departed the man, and one by one the other gods felt themselves being plucked away, as first the suffocating man began to lose his ability to reason, then to see, then to stay awake.
So it was the other gods learned each of their powers ultimately came from Vayu himself, and the breath of life he provided.

The breath of life and exhale of death.

The wind whether here on earth with its atmosphere that grants us life or the solar-wind that comes from the sun which protects the solar system from cosmic rays and other thing by keeping the heliosphere inflated

Remember
Without the wind there would be no life. There for it is life, For it is alive in us

edit on 21-1-2012 by IblisLucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

What do Tsunamis have to do with the wind?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Someone obviously doesn't understand that wind is created when air particles move from an area of high pressure, to an area low pressure.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IblisLucifer

Without the wind there would be no life. There for it is life, For it is alive in us

Surely that should be air rather than wind? Without the air there would be no life. Agreed life would probably be difficult without wind for many reasons but I feel sure life could exist without wind.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
15 pages of posts....

Cold air rushing into warm air.= wind=......convection.

I guess science class was less important than "pot-talk" behind the school dumpster......sheesh!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I guess wind is magic

wind can move...in circles ...YES!!....

but it's way more awsomer to believe its magic.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Im not a physicist, but I always thought that wind was a force. Air is just a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, and trace amounts of other gasses. As well as tiny amounts of dirt, water vapor and other contaminants..such as that rancid fart I let out at Denny's. Wind is just the term we use to describe the movement of all that stuff. I don't think it could ever be alive in the way that the OP speculated. Saying that would be like saying gravity, electricity, or magnetism is alive.

Somehow if it was alive, it really wouldn't make much of a difference to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Flagging this for the entertainment value.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Everything is alive by its definition, and from its prospective. But everything is part of something else or a higher being you can say.

Even humans think they are alive, instead of just another automon here to help further along the thing they call earth, not that much different then cells in the body, but yet totally different.

But as of yet none so far have mattered all that much in the scope of things, it lives, it dies, forms come and go. Live is a form of whatever current presence.

Everything and every being thinks it is of importance, that is what being alive is about. And they are all right, for a time and in its time. Yet they have all come, and they have all gone.

Just like the wind blowing to the trees, just like dust in the wind. At one time even that dust was something else, possible even your ancestors at one time.
and in time you to will be dust blowing on some long forgotten wind. And in time this planet will be nothing but dust on the solar winds once again.

So you have to ask yourself, what is life? Before you ask yourself what is alive.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
OK. This sounds strange, but in Santa Barbara, CA around 2002 or 03 a guy came through town who was a NY city cab driver that discovered he could make it rain. Local paper, above the fold announced the article and they devoted the full front page of the local section about this guy.

He believed clouds were alive and even had a form of consciousness. He would go around the country to drought areas and get the whole affected community involved by charging a substantial amount so they were invested monetarily and emotionally, and hold a prayer ceremony where as many of the community that could make it showed up in the local park or town center.

His success was well documented. And his explanation made sense. I'm NOT one to believe in this kind of stuff, but you know, if more of us thought of the wind as being alive, the planet, the clouds, everything, we all might have a little more respect for our world. It can't hurt, and we're in a jam environmentally, so I'm going to believe in whatever I want if it helps.

And if you think in those terms, you're never really alone. You've always got the wind, earth, sun, clouds around for your friends. Win win if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs
Is the wind alive, a living organism? (speculative)

Well if you put it that way, if you can think of energy as living organism then I would answer yes.

But I have problems with definition of living organism. I don't think that life exists only in form of organism.

Wind is like wave, energy. Some consciousness can manipulate this types of energy. Does energy have its own consciousness? Well, we need another definition of consciousness then

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Spiratio

So are you saying that generally humans have an adverse effect on the wind which is balanced by the wild animals? Why would that be the case?

Ignoring any solar influence for a moment, what is the mechanism that causes the wind to blow in a particular place and at a particular time in this theory?

For example where I live we are at the junction it seems of many systems. The wind can be blowing one direction one minute and another completely opposite the next. I have stood open field and over the course of about 15 minutes watched the direction of 'bend' on the long grass (a hay field) rotate completely through 360 degrees in a steady motion. How could this be explained by tangible-spiritual aspects qualities and elements of the world?

Not to discourage your scepticism/and or open minded quire, but that's a very arbitrary question....There are far to many human thought processes interacting with the earth and its fields at large to even begin to pinpoint how the butterfly effect - if you will - is going to cause an influence.

For instance...The winds that anyone experiences are most likely already set in motion by causes many hours ago and miles/km away in the first place. So it cannot be put down to an individual/s in a given location causing the immediate effect that is observable.

Edit: At this point in time, yes, I feel the majority of people are more so on the stressed out side to have a beneficial emotional/spiritual effect on the planet in mass influence. Its been noticed that random number generators produce organised sequences during holidays such as Christmas time and other celebrated events when people come together to be joyous. the wind factor of the weather seems to concur with this.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join