It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the wind alive, a living organism? (speculative)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Let me make this perfectly clear, since you want to dodge every bit of evidence while providing nothing in return.

If it does not have proteins or DNA...it is not a creature (alive or dead). You have suggested it is alive, purely for debate, but this suggestion is dead in the water because of lack of the building blocks that create life itself.

Your argument is hereby invalid, considering the wind is made of factory chemicals and various molecular debris.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by BBalazs

Oh, you assumptive person...allow me to show you a quote that I wholeheartedly agree with, courtesy of Albert Einstein:

"Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in point of fact, religious."

I am not unappreciative of the mysteries of our world. However, you prefer to ignore the known laws and suggest that since there are laws beyond our comprehension, we should ignore those we have established and believe that the wind is a magical fae-like creature that is invisible and unbound by the biological laws we are so familiar with.

That is the impression I am getting.

your hallucination continues.
what know laws have i ignored?
i dare you to name one.
I also don't believe what you have written about what I believe. I said no such thing, you are hallucinating again. I dare you to quote me saying anything close to that.
Dream on, hallucinate on star child.
edit on 21-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

reply to post by BBalazs

Oh, you assumptive person...allow me to show you a quote that I wholeheartedly agree with, courtesy of Albert Einstein:

"Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in point of fact, religious."

I am not unappreciative of the mysteries of our world. However, you prefer to ignore the known laws and suggest that since there are laws beyond our comprehension, we should ignore those we have established and believe that the wind is a magical fae-like creature that is invisible and unbound by the biological laws we are so familiar with.

i dare you to name one.
I also don't believe what you have written about what I believe. I said no such thing, you are hallucinating again. I dare you to quote me saying anything close to that.

A virus particle, or virion, consists of the following:

Nucleic acid - Set of genetic instructions, either DNA or RNA, either single-stranded or double-stranded (see How Cells Work for details on DNA and RNA)
Coat of protein - Surrounds the DNA or RNA to protect it
Lipid membrane - Surrounds the protein coat (found only in some viruses, including influenza; these types of viruses are called enveloped viruses as opposed to naked viruses)

Every organism has these things.

How's that for a tried-and-proven law?
edit on CSaturdayam414119f19America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

i dare you to name one.

Nucleic acid - Set of genetic instructions, either DNA or RNA, either single-stranded or double-stranded (see How Cells Work for details on DNA and RNA)
Lipid membrane - Surrounds the protein coat (found only in some viruses, including influenza; these types of viruses are called enveloped viruses as opposed to naked viruses)

that is not a law but a theory. and there are alternative theories equally accepted (in fact more so).
now quote me on the fairy thing, or hallucinate on my star child.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

i dare you to name one.

Every organism has these things.

edit on CSaturdayam414119f19America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

sorry, every organism has this.
so?
what laws did i break?
Tell me?
I said the virus is a un-cellular life form, it is an accepted theory. many scientist say this, in fact it is generally accepted. based on this you would still promote fungi as plants. hallucinate on. btw this has nothing to do with wind.

i would like a quote on the fairy thing too. It seems you are fairy obsessed.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

A theory? How is it a theory? I don't see the word theory anywhere in there...and yes, if there had been, I would have included it. I believe in fair play.

I am almost finished arguing with you. You refuse to look solid evidence square in the eye and say, "Alright, fair enough." You refute with your fairytale excuses.

Please, PLEASE, provide proof, solid proof, that wind has DNA or proteins, the things needed for anything to be considered a creature (dead or alive). If not, then this whole discussion is futile.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yes.

PS- No, personification and metaphors don't give something life.
edit on 21-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

A theory? How is it a theory? I don't see the word theory anywhere in there...and yes, if there had been, I would have included it. I believe in fair play.

I am almost finished arguing with you. You refuse to look solid evidence square in the eye and say, "Alright, fair enough." You refute with your fairytale excuses.

Please, PLEASE, provide proof, solid proof, that wind has DNA or proteins, the things needed for anything to be considered a creature (dead or alive). If not, then this whole discussion is futile.

i have no idea what you are talking about.
virus is a life form this is a theory.
an accepted one at that.
what exacty are you trying to say?
you wrote what a virus contains.
SO?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by nineix

reply to post by mileysubet

stop being such big heads with your LACK of knowledge! Share it, don't sit on it and belittle others...

And sacrasm is the lowest form of wit!

what is energy? energy creates matter... are you trying to tell me that neutrons, protons and electrons are not alive?

edit on 21/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: add

Protons and electrons are not alive at all. Life is a massive collection of those things, which when energy (the sun) interacts with them they absorb the energy and it causes slight shifts forming a somewhat membranous structure similar to the first known life on Earth. I don't see how subatomic particles could be considered alive under the human definition. That would mean the dirt is alive, and my keyboard, and the light bathing my room. Those things most certainly do not move of their own accord.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

pls quote me on the fairy stuff, as i also believe in fair play.
if you have nothing admit it and apologize, i may forgive you.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

PLEASE listen to me.

I put what a virus has, because it is exactly what every living thing has. In other words, it is not an exception but the rule...a rule your wind does not follow.

I will ask one more time: prove your wind has proteins and dna...otherwise, this discussion has no further merit.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

I don't want your forgiveness. I want your proof.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I said the virus is a un-cellular life form, it is an accepted theory. many scientist say this, in fact it is generally accepted.

Actually it's generally accepted that viruses are NOT alive. They do not require energy to sustain themselves, they are not composed of cells and they require a host to do anything other than collect dust (that's funny because viruses are much smaller than dust particles).

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

PLEASE listen to me.

I put what a virus has, because it is exactly what every living thing has. In other words, it is not an exception but the rule...a rule your wind does not follow.

I will ask one more time: prove your wind has proteins and dna...otherwise, this discussion has no further merit.

i don't have to prove that, as i never said that.
quote me where i said that.
and quote me on the fairy stuff.
you do realize that virus was in response to your denounce of non cellular life. seems like you have lost the plot of this conversation.
so repeat:i don't have to prove that, as i never said that.
quote me where i said that. i dont have to prove WHAT I NEVER SAID!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This topic and the idea behind it is impossible if you have ever taken a science class in HS. This is far from being an intelligent theory as there's millions of ways to disprove the theory. For one we can take the atomic makeup of some "air" or "wind" and find nothing out of the ordinary to suggest it's living. It's simply molecules and atoms moving from pressures, nothing else..

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
This topic and the idea behind it is impossible if you have ever taken a science class in HS. This is far from being an intelligent theory as there's millions of ways to disprove the theory. For one we can take the atomic makeup of some "air" or "wind" and find nothing out of the ordinary to suggest it's living. It's simply molecules and atoms moving from pressures, nothing else..

air is not wind so try again.
out of the million ways, choose one and stick with it to the end. good luck.
its just a theory though. you do realize this? don't get to excited, as star child.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac

I said the virus is a un-cellular life form, it is an accepted theory. many scientist say this, in fact it is generally accepted.

Actually it's generally accepted that viruses are NOT alive. They do not require energy to sustain themselves, they are not composed of cells and they require a host to do anything other than collect dust (that's funny because viruses are much smaller than dust particles).

yeah. quote a legitimate scientist clearly stating that, and I may believe you.
this is not what i have found.
it is the case o fungi, plant again.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

PLEASE listen to me.

i don't have to prove that, as i never said that.
quote me where i said that.
you do realize that virus was in response to your denounce of non cellular life. seems like you have lost the plot of this conversation.
so repeat:i don't have to prove that, as i never said that.
quote me where i said that. i dont have to prove WHAT I NEVER SAID!

Your suggestions deserve to be in a fairytale. I will not apologize for saying so. But you asked a question (which is in the topic) and we have not only given you an answer, we have PROVEN it.

But you refuse to accept the answer, preferring to argue as if the answer is wrong. That is why I'm asking for contrary evidence, in case you have a reason to deny our answer. But it appears you have no reason other than being obstinate. That's okay...we've made our argument, clear as day.

At long last, thanks for playing.

edit on CSaturdayam474735f35America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Regular wind is used by satan... read Job!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OldHag

We are not discussing the Bible here. If the biology of the wind turns into a Biblical debate, I will abandon this thread, for it will never be resolved.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join