It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich: "Let's allow terrorist attacks to happen." - Ron Paul ad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

You didn't hear what I heard.

It's funny now the attacks are all on Ron Paul's supporters. They are too enthusiastic. Gotta get them to settle down. (When everyone has previously said that is the strength of his campaign?)

Let them be - if it is not a SuperPac ad or a RP sanctioned ad it will only show on youtube.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Those people in other lands are strange

NEWT is right ...we must STAY american

GREEN BEANS AND CORN BREAD DINNER AT MY HOUSE TONIGHT....bring a American flag and LOVE UR NATION .....OLD PEOPLE RULE !!!!!

Lets all get wrinkles and put our hair in a bun and make it WHITE looking ...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

It is not about being PC. It's about having a constructive conversation and debating the issue without calling people idiots or using profanity.

The ENTIRE premise that Newt Gingirch has called for and is calling for the allowance of terrorist attacks on the USA and it's citizens is a LIE. There is no nice way to state the truth other than to call this entire post what it is.

I did not say that he did. I interpreted the video in my own way and left it open for people to make their own decision. In fact this is what I said:

Is this an admission by a government insider that false flags occur, and play a part in keeping the proletariat in check?

I think that is a valid question. Regardless of what you think, I interpret his comment as a statement that could validate the usefulness of a false-flag incident. I left it completely open for people to discuss and form their own opinion.

The person posting this convienently forgot the ALMOST and maybe I should tell you what he was saying since others dont seem to understand him.

You are correct. I did not add the 'almost'. I was expecting people to watch the video and make a decision on their own. People need to think for themselves and not rely on my OP to completely form their opinion. The 'almost' was not left out for nefarious reasons or to attempt to perpetuate a hoax on the members of ATS.

If I was trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes, ATS would figure it out and call me out on it. I think I can safely say that I have a good history on ATS of looking at issues with a clear view and making pretty good judgments based on the facts. I have been wrong from time to time and I am always willing to correct my mistakes.

Do you believe that I was intentionally trying to deceive ATS' members?

Those that think that he wants another attack are refusing to listen to the entire message. They are picking and choosing their words and leaving out words to twist the truth. Those people are either NOT true Americans and they do not care about Americans OR they are mentally unable to understand the truth.

As a person that has read and studied a lot of information on propaganda, I believe that these sorts of statements fall into that category. I will not allow you to call myself or others in this thread un-american or stupid just for discussing a topic or having a different opinion!

I would ask all of those that believe this fraudulent post to think for yourselves rather than allowing others to do your thinking for you. They do NOT have your best interest at heart but YOU SHOULD. Please THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Once again, I ask you if you think I am intentionally trying to hoax the members or manipulate their opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I cant believe the MSM is boosting him up, it angers me. I am glad Ron Paul is calling him out on this with his new ads. This needs to be sent with every email to all your friends. Use the Internet to your power.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Your post TITLE says EVERYTHING. "Newt Gingrich: "Let's allow terrorist attacks to happen." "
That is NOT what he said and you KNOW IT. You are intentionally stirring the pot and twisting his words. How in the world can you possibly go from " Its ALMOST as if they should have allowed " to "lets allow terrorist attacks to happen" and state that you are not twisting words. You put his SUPPOSED WORDS INTO QUOTES AS IF HE ACTUALLY SAID THOSE WORDS and you know you are NOT telling the truth. You are LEADING people with twisted words and it is unconscionable and a LIE.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That title came from YouTube and how the uploader titled it! Not me!

I copied it from there so that no one could claim I was being a sensationalist or lying about the video! What else can I do? Damned if I do damned if I don't.

edit on 18-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

My opinion as a person who hates lies is that youshould have prefaced your story be CLEARLY stating that the title was MISLEADING AND UNTRUE but you never tried to do that.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

My request to you would be this. If YOU believe in your heart like I do that the title is misleading I ask that you change it to a more appropriate title or AT LEAST state clearly at the begining of the thread that the title is missleading. If you want to be completely honest that is.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It's a YT video!
Most members here know that you have to look at the information before you make a judgment.

The point is that I posted the video on ATS and left it for the free-thinking members to decide the validity of the content. I apologize if the title does not suit your fancy, but I didn't write it.

I don't think I have to put "training wheels" on my threads just so that my fellow members will understand the context of the content. People are free-thinking, they make their own choices and in no way, shape or form am I trying to mislead anyone.

I find your accusations to be ill-founded and insulting!
edit on 18-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So you personally CHOOSE to allow the thread title to be misleading without making any statement at all about that fact. I believed that this place was to expose lies not perpetuate them.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Why so angry? You come off as a bully under the guise of spreading truth through accuracy. The OP stated it wasn't his/her title - that should settle it. Besides, popular ATS threads tend to have a bit of debate to them, hence that's how the "conversation" gets going. Anyways, relax. ATS members worth their salt do watch the material, read it, and develop opinions on the information presented.

My opinion is that Newt's foot plops into his mouth quite often, but I believe he does this on purpose for the headline-grabbing value and as a means to bring up his talking points. What's that saying in politics... if they're not talking about you, you might as well be dead.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

If you took the time to read what others are saying about this thread you would understand how misleading it is

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I sent a message to the mods asking them to add a disclaimer. Ok?

link   

ESPECIALLY when you state clearly "I was taken back by the honesty and outright gall Newt Gingrich has to make a statement such as this! " when you know the statement is not factually correct and taken completely out of context.

link   
Yep 1993 The first world trade center attack we brought that on oursevles

Yep the Kobar Towers bombing we brought that on ourselves.

Yep we The Uss Cole we brought that on ourselves

Yep the lockerbie bombing we brought on ourselves

Yep the Shoe and underwear bombers because we brought that on ourselves.

Yep Roosevelt let Pear Harbor happen.

Let's see Yep Daniel Pear Brought that on himself.

So Paul gets to run attack ads and trash everyone else but nope No one can run ads agianst Paul.

What was the comment by Romney can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen and as to 9-11 had Al Gore won it still would have happened since it was being planned up to and during the 2000 election cycle its just that it the conspiracy theory wouldn't gain any traction because Democrats can do no wrong.

And the truther is about politics make no mistake Government is only evil and kills it's own people when there is a Republican in the oval office.

Truthers who are Paul Supporters will make him lose any support he has.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I mistakenly placed the video before I said this:

........they should, every once in a while, allow a terrorist act to get through....just to remind us?

Much apologies for the grave mistake! I hope that too many members on ATS were not lead down the wrong road by my purposeful attempt at trickery and evil shenanigans!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

WHY? Because there are a lot of people that will only gloss over things as you well know, then somehow it becomes fact because my fathers uncles wife said so. It is my belief that those that post stories here on ATS should do so with the idea of fighting AGAINST misstatements and inaccuracies like this. Just because " anyone worth their salt will know the difference" doesnt mean that it wont misslead some and THAT does this entire web site an injustice.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
People need a reminder?

www.infoplease.com...

www.cdi.org...

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

www.heritage.org...

abcnews.go.com...

No no there is no terrorism the evil Right wingers are just fear and warmongers

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Josh342

Why bring food into this? So what if I like green beans and cornbread... Does that make me a fascist? Do you have any shred of evidence that only fascists enjoy soul food? Where are your sources?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes people DO need a reminder. Let me ask this. If you found a nest of killer bees in your backyard would you just let it be or would you call someone out to kill them.

There are terrorists all over the world that want to kill us but people like Ron Paul dont want us to kill the bees (terrorists). Leave the bees alone they say. They have a right to be left alone. So the nest grows larger and larger till someone DIES. YES people NEED a reminder.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join