It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recipe for Fraud: Global Internet Voting Firm Buys U.S. Election Results Reporting Firm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
We've all seen how electonic voting systems (Diebold) can be hacked relatively easy. Now, everything is going to be centralized into one database which of course makes it diabolically easy for a few privileged individuals to have access to before anyone else does. I can't say I'm suprised with the centralization--afterall, everything else is becoming centralized. What happens from there, is anyones guess:

BALTIMORE & TAMPA, Fla., Jan 11, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- -- SCYTL is the global leader in online voting solutions with a presence in over twenty countries

-- SOE Software is the leading software company for election management solutions in the United States

-- The combination of the two companies creates the industry leader in election software with a strong market presence worldwide

SCYTL, the global leader in secure electronic voting technologies, announced today the acquisition of 100% of SOE Software, the leading software provider of election management solutions in the United States. The integration of these two software companies creates the industry leader in the election software market with a full range of solutions covering from Internet voting to election night reporting and online pollworker training, and a strong market presence worldwide.

SCYTL is currently the worldwide leader in the Internet voting space and the acquisition of SOE Software, with its Clarity election management software suite, significantly expands SCYTL's product portfolio beyond electronic voting. Furthermore, SOE Software's strong US presence with 900 jurisdictions as customers in 26 states, including 14 state-wide customers, complements very effectively SCYTL's customer base in the United States and internationally with customers in over 20 different countries across 5 continents, including France, Spain, Canada, Norway, Switzerland, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Mexico, India and Australia.

So much for monopolistic business practices when it comes to one of the most important measures of legitamcy in regards to a representative democracy...er republic.

(Source)

edit on 15-1-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Arg.. I hate this whole line here. Voting is far too important for electronic gadgets and gizmos. At least as the sole decider. Until or unless they incorporate hard copy (read: PAPER) records that record each and every vote as it happens for verification later in a serious challenge....the whole thing is a joke.

If man can code it, a kid can hack it. It's as reliable a rule as the sun rising right on time, every morning.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Not to mention but the software developers could be getting paid off in order to "add a few votes here, and take some from here". I find this rather ridiculous, there has to be a voting system that can be managed by the people as a whole. Wouldn't ya think?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by causeimalive
Not to mention but the software developers could be getting paid off in order to "add a few votes here, and take some from here". I find this rather ridiculous, there has to be a voting system that can be managed by the people as a whole. Wouldn't ya think?

No, that would make too much sense. It's not about making sense, or being ethical, or anything of that nature. It's about making money. Period. Lots of it. Just ask Mitt.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Arg.. I hate this whole line here. Voting is far too important for electronic gadgets and gizmos. At least as the sole decider. Until or unless they incorporate hard copy (read: PAPER) records that record each and every vote as it happens for verification later in a serious challenge....the whole thing is a joke.

If man can code it, a kid can hack it. It's as reliable a rule as the sun rising right on time, every morning.

There are measures of security and auditing that can accompy voting in an electronic environment. Of course, I'm sure they will be about a decade behind the curve...for worse... or.........worse

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Oh I hear ya on secure systems being POSSIBLE.... I'd go even further to say we could see an internet based system built and allow a direct style of voting on at least some of what Congress is being paid to totally screw up in our name, now. lol....

Of course, possible and actually seeing it happen are worlds apart. Until the people bidding the work don't have everything to gain by corrupting the outcome, we just can't trust the idea that any 'new system' won't be rigged to fail or run crooked right from inception, IMO.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

If they can't stop Ron Paul on the Ground, this is what they do. And the fix is also in, in every country these machines are intended for. diebold atm's for banks as well. Looks like the banks can cook books and elections.

F*ckers.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Time for our write in candidate rights in full force.
I urge anyone voting this year, including you CIA shills that Troll on here to write in your candidates as protest.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
These machines are rigged and this man testified IN COURT about how they are rigged:

In Oct 2000 I wrote a prototype for present Congressman Tom Finny.. that would flip the vote 51 49 to whoever you wanted... and they would never see it. You would have to view the source code or count... or you wouldn't see it. It's a simple program, 100 lines tops.

Now we have these in the hands of globalists who have openly said they want to bring down the US.

We're....

ETA; Here is a video. It takes SECONDS to hack.

edit on 16-1-2012 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I can't believe the death of the election process isn't getting more attention here.

This is votings' death knell.

We might as have our corporate overlords tell us who will be our "representatives".

There is NO WAY to verify the accuracy of their voting tallies. Nada, Zilch.

We'll just have to take their word for it.

new topics

top topics

join