It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Carrier Arrives Off Straits Of Hormuz

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Did ya ever think we might have some tech we were holding on to just for a occasion like this?

Did ya ever think that Iran might have some tech they were holding on to just ofr an occasion like this? I bet you were suprised when Iran took out the drone didnt you?

If you go back to my original thread I stated that they may be able to take out a ship, not the entire group.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

If they struck mainland USA. You would see huge contracts for getting out oil in contaminated areas. Because Iran and it's people would be glass.

Iran has no desire to strike the mainland USA as much as you would like to see it to appease yourself. Have they stated that they would like to strike the mainland?

Are you working for them? Then how do you know what they want or what they will do when pushed. I will trust the military any day over you to make that decision. Right or wrong.

If they want to go down this road then so be it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Did ya ever think we might have some tech we were holding on to just for a occasion like this?

Did ya ever think that Iran might have some tech they were holding on to just ofr an occasion like this? I bet you were suprised when Iran took out the drone didnt you?

If you go back to my original thread I stated that they may be able to take out a ship, not the entire group.

Ya flying boats. This is simple how much did they spend last year compared to what we spent. Right or wrong our fighting soldiers and tech are way above the rest

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Then how do you know what they want or what they will do when pushed

Oh so you want to push them and when they defend themselves you want to say, see I was right they would attack?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by Maxatoria

If there is another carrier coming that makes the magic number 3. If they have 3 in the area something is coming and coming very soon.

In this case, probably not. Three ACTIVE carriers in place does, indeed, trigger alarm bells. But as sirric said, if the Lincoln is simply to relieve the Stennis, then we aren't really talking three carriers. Carrier deployments to that area are usually five to seven months, including transit time. The Stennis is coming up on five months, so they're running out of Diet Coke. Normally on the way back they'll visit a port of call. the Stennis is a west coast carrier, so it will head back to the Pacific.

This will be the Lincoln's last deployment for several years because after this it will head, probably through the Med, to the east coast for refueling starting the summer of 2012.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Then how do you know what they want or what they will do when pushed

Oh so you want to push them and when they defend themselves you want to say, see I was right they would attack?

There you go with your EGO again. It must be very hard for you to see simple truth in everyday life.

I will draw you a picture..........The US is broke it needs a war and it wants the oil also. If Iran does not back down they will be flung into the scrap heap of history just like the rest.

And no matter how much you cry and carry on will change this simple fact.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Technology matters a lot, no denying it, but skill strategy and the desire to defend the homeland matter more. If China invaded the USA, i would defend the USA as best I could not matter what tech China had.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by Maxatoria

If there is another carrier coming that makes the magic number 3. If they have 3 in the area something is coming and coming very soon.

In this case, probably not. Three ACTIVE carriers in place does, indeed, trigger alarm bells. But as sirric said, if the Lincoln is simply to relieve the Stennis, then we aren't really talking three carriers. Carrier deployments to that area are usually five to seven months, including transit time. The Stennis is coming up on five months, so they're running out of Diet Coke. Normally on the way back they'll visit a port of call. the Stennis is a west coast carrier, so it will head back to the Pacific.

This will be the Lincoln's last deployment for several years because after this it will head, probably through the Med, to the east coast for refueling starting the summer of 2012.

Very true, I am not sure what other ships and tech we have in place. It is nice to be back on topic thank you.

If you include the French ship I guess you could say they will have 3.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Technology matters a lot, no denying it, but skill strategy and the desire to defend the homeland matter more. If China invaded the USA, i would defend the USA as best I could not matter what tech China had.

You would really? Then why do you speak like you hate the USA?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Do you work for the Iranian army and you have inside information on this subject? I did not say that they could, I am saying that they may have the capability, its not hard to do that for Iran, especially a country which downed our drone and blinded one of our spy satellites.

link   

I have read your posts before this thread you are not the defending type. If it walks like duck........

To be honest I like this thread so lets just leave it were it is instead of arguing pointless things back and forth.

link   

I dont hate the USA, I hate the leaders who are running it.

link   
I think it is important to note that an "enemy" still within his borders cannot be in an aggressive stance. If international waters are just that, international domain, they can send their entire armada and still be in their legal right to be there. It is a precarious situation but it is not illegal, much like it is not illegal for the US to send its forces. The question is whether it is indicative of war or not. The US leadership has already made it clear that it would not mind having a war with Iran. The American people on the other hand do not want it.

It is sad as Americans that our will is deaf to leadership and that our congress is there as a side note to history. The very notion of due process could prevent this war if congress would be asked, as it is supposed to be, what do the people want you to vote for. What do the American people think is best for the American people.

The military is there to serve as our defense, not as our moral guide. The president is there to see the needs and propose to congress means to solve those problems. Congress is in theory the representation of the people and listen to the will of the people. The whole system has been circumvented and is being exploited with a loophole.

It is like the Cuban missile crisis. Kennedy didn't want to send in spy planes because he knew they would be shot at, as did the military. That would have been the spark to light the flame. We are all better for those brave pilots lying about being shot at so as to prolong negotiations and keep the peace. Eventually Cuba disarmed and the Russians went home. The story would have been different if war had broken out. We all see that.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

No but I have worked in intelligence in a foreign army.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just read this about Kissinger, not sure if its verified.

globalresearch.ca...

"The United States is bating China and Russia, and the final nail in the coffin will be Iran, which is, of course, the main target of Israel. We have allowed China to increase their military strength and Russia to recover from Sovietization, to give them a false sense of bravado, this will create an all together faster demise for them. We're like the sharp shooter daring the noob to pick up the gun, and when they try, it's bang bang. The coming war will will be so severe that only one superpower can win, and that's us folks. This is why the EU is in such a hurry to form a complete superstate because they know what is coming, and to survive, Europe will have to be one whole cohesive state. Their urgency tells me that they know full well that the big showdown is upon us. O how I have dreamed of this delightful moment."

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
ahh the joy of reading ignorant patriotic americans blabber.

This won't be another "Iraq"

Even your own defence advisors are saying it will take alot more than a ground and pound campaign to take down iran.

I find it laughable when people say if iran took out a carrier, they'd be glass.

is that all it would take for you trigger happy war mongers to drop a nuke ? 10k people ?

Around the world, the amount of people that die directly as a result of your global agenda per couple of months and that's all it would take to drop a nuke ? .

YEEHAW !

This place always reminds me of that southpark episode where cartman is trying to get himself stupid and poor enough to drive nascar. Let's face it, you're all qualified.

edit on 11/1/2012 by Dachende because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

You have to remember Kennedy did not want to go to war. Can the same thing be said today? NO

This has only two ways out if the Iranian leadership give up or they are all taken out. And how bad there country takes a beating is the wild card.

If they play it straight they will have a bad day if they don't there families bloodlines will end.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

I just want you to notice that the people here advocating peace are mostly American.
Our leadership has not been informed of ATS but as soon as they get the memo, they will sign up and get with the freeky deeky

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dachende
ahh the joy of reading ignorant patriotic americans blabber.

This won't be another "Iraq"

Even your own defence advisors are saying it will take alot more than a ground and pound campaign to take down iran.

I find it laughable when people say if iran took out a carrier, they'd be glass.

is that all it would take for you trigger happy war mongers to drop a nuke ? 10k people ?

Around the world, the amount of people that die directly as a result of your global agenda per couple of months and that's all it would take to drop a nuke ? .

YEEHAW !

This place always reminds me of that southpark episode where cartman is trying to get himself stupid and poor enough to drive nascar. Let's face it, you're all qualified.

edit on 11/1/2012 by Dachende because: (no reason given)

I seem to remember posters on ATS back in the day saying the same thing about the other wars. It is what it is and they can not hold up to what we will unleash.

And after it is all said and done you will probably say they just got lucky. EPIC FAIL.

I am against war for profit but what I think will not stop this.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I dont hate the USA, I hate the leaders who are running it.

But you must hate the USA because you are often saying things that if happened would lead to the death of americans and their allies and you appear to take delight in stating it. The leaders of the USA are indeed elected by the US nationals and if you hate them, vote them out. You live in a free nation, I know I have visited the USA and have family there. You can support any religion you wish and worship in public, women and men are equal, you are given right to make your own choices based on common law rather than fundemental religious beliefs and you are given the ability to lead a wealthy and relativly care free lifestyle supported by your countries internal and foreign policies. If you wish to give all of that up, then I suggest you move to Iran.

To be honest you have made my blood boil recently, to see a citizen of a nation talk in the way you have, you don't deserve the freedoms your nation allows you. If you were speaking from Iran in the same tone against Iran, you would be long gone already. Can you really not see what good your nation does for you?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join