It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I will have no pity for anyone if Ron Paul doesn't win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If Ron Paul doesn't win, I will have absolutely no pity for any non-Ron Paul supporters. I know this might sound bitter, but it's how I feel. If people come crying to me that 2 years into a Romney presidency the jobs situation is only worse, I'll tell them it's their fault.

Most people I know idiotically support Romney because "he has the best shot at beating Obama" and are still stuck in the false left-right paradigm. I'm 18 and most of my generation supports Paul. But it's the old people who overwhelmingly supports Romney. That's extremely frustrating to me because that generation, the baby boom one, was the generation that got us in this mess in the first place. They believe that voting for the same types of people will solve the issue. I think it was Albert Einstein who said "Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results." This is exactly what that generation is doing.

I don't mean to sound harsh, unkind, or bitter, even though I probably sound like that. But I'm 18 and I want the future of my generation to be as bright as possible. We have an unsustainable amount of debt and with the amount of wars we're in, it would be a wonder if we're all still alive in 10 years. I hope I'm wrong, but in my eyes, Ron Paul is our last chance of fixing things and if he isn't voted into office, I feel that all will be lost and we will likely enter into a cycle of economic collapse and social unrest. Some people say that there's always 2016. Well at this rate, who knows if the US will even be around in 2016!

Just my thoughts as the first votes of New Hampshire roll in and show Mitt Romney with almost 50% if the vote.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hope more youngsters like your self will get out and vote.But remember that not all old folks vote that way. Go Ron Paul, from an old fart.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtydog

Some don't, but most do. Most older people I've talk to are stuck on the "He's unelectable" and "he's a racist" thing.

And no worries. I am voting for Paul in the primaries and have friends who are doing the same thing. I'm doing what I can to convince my friends who will listen to vote for Paul.
edit on 10-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I don't actually expect RP to be allowed to be Prez, if he does it'll be a miracle, a literal miracle decreed by God. What does warm my heart is what Ron Paul has already accomplished and will continue to accomplish as the years toil on. He's awakened people and he's set a new standard for politicians.

RP's dream does not end with RP.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ah, to be young and full of piss and vinegar again.

And a "32" waist.

Hang in there, kid. It'll get better, and then worse, but better again. And probably worse after that.

But you get my drift.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Just my thoughts as the first votes of New Hampshire roll in and show Mitt Romney with almost 50% if the vote.

Actually here are the numbers, paul is at 24%, still good.

Romney
37%
Paul
24%
Huntsman
15%
Gingrich
12%
Santorum
10%
Perry
1%

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Still, a come from behind victory once you're behind by 2 states can be very hard, with momentum and all. Plus Paul is at a disadvantage because he doesn't take corporate money. Not saying that's bad, but it makes things harder.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Well said - America, you made your bed, now lie in it: more war and lost lives. More of your children locked up. Less ability to exercise your god-given liberty. All this and more, bankrupting you further and ruining the social "safety nets" you thought would protect you in your old age and your poor luck.

Why can't they see it's all part and parcel? We're bleeding out, we're already well BELOW the hole we dug for ourselves, and yet we keep spending, keep killing, without realizing it's spending money we don't have which we need for other things anyway and only making the rich who have crafted such policies for themselves even richer. Government continually fails at what it claims to do, and we figure throwing even MORE money into that pit will turn the situation around?

Once, when I was young, a counselor of mine told my parents I had a terminal case of bad judgement. Well, as far as I can tell, I turned myself around - but now the country is falling into that same trap I once did - but I don't see any serious effort to turn itself around.

God speed, and may he be with us all.
edit on 1/10/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Im in agreement on the no pity part, but not exclusively for Ron Paul. Its more than that. Im a supporter of the good doctor, but keep in mind: if he wins, it will mean nothing unless people start caring about the future of this country and thinking for themselves. I have a lot of doubt right now that he will actually be able to do anything besides put a stop to the insanity that is our foreign policy.

The people I won't have any pit for are those people who have been standing by as criminals took over our country and have been driving it into the ground for decades now. They are the people who when you ask them about their political opinion, they either don't have one or they just repeat the same copy-paste BS they hear from the mainstream media.

Make no mistake, Americas position in the world willbe contested more than it ever has in the coming few decades. It is up to us, the people, to get our priorities straight.
edit on 10-1-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Government continually fails at what it claims to do, and we figure throwing even MORE money into that pit will turn the situation around?

That's kinda like saying "hey, if we put more water into the Titanic, maybe it will float!" (They did try that btw.)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtydog

Agreed there Brother!
Old fart here for Dr.Paul.

Senescence Flatulence Unite!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I say let everything burn to the ground. Once the world becomes an absolute disaster, people will start respecting real world issues again.

Lets keep our focus on what politicians ate for dinner for the next 10 years or so.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

(They did try that btw.)

Not sure if trolling...

Are you sure about that? I never heard no such thing. Did they try pumping water into the stern to level it out (and just sink the thing even faster)?

Y u no seal the bulkheads? Stupids!

Titanic - very sad. All too many similarities to our current situation, too - the ship's going down, and we've got a bunch of idiots playing music and trying to rearrange all too many deckchairs. Might as well call out Nero with his stupid fiddle.

These people make me so angry.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by NeoVain

Still, a come from behind victory once you're behind by 2 states can be very hard, with momentum and all. Plus Paul is at a disadvantage because he doesn't take corporate money. Not saying that's bad, but it makes things harder.

Ron Paul is not "behind" by two states. You should probably really do some more research into exactly how our political process works.

First starters, Iowa was not even a Primary. It was a Caucus which is really nothing more than another Straw Poll. After the Caucus is complete, select voters are then registered as "delegates". The Candidate with the most delegates wins the Nomination. There were many articles after Iowa that pointed out how that process works and how the Paul Campaign made sure voters who supported Paul were aware of how the process works. Business Insider wrote a pretty good article on the subject.

Business Insider- Paul may have secretly won Iowa

When I was looking over the New Hampshire results with an hour and a half left until polls closed the delegate count was Romney 7, Paul 5, Huntsman 4.

Back in 2008 CNN put up an interactive thing that tried to explain the mess that is delegates. I dont thin they did a great job, but perhaps you will find it helpful.
CNN- Why Delegates Matter

I would not panic. Paul is doing very very well. So well that there is talk to changing up his strategy. Even Ron Paul was hoping for a 3rd place finish in both New Hampshire and Iowa. He got it Iowa, and it appears he may take 2nd in New Hampshire. If he can make a strong showing in conservative S.C. there may not be much that can stop him. Like the old saying goes, "No Army can stop an idea whose time has come".

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The beauty of democracy is that people have a right to choose the candidate they have confidence in. I don't think most people who vote for a candidate other then Ron Paul will ever require/desire your pity. I prefer Ron Paul to Mitt Romney any day of the week but your condescending judgement toward those who don't support Ron Paul is a little much coming from someone who is experiencing his/her first presidential election in which he/she is legally able to vote. I do think it's awesome that you are involved in politics and actually understand the importance of it at your age.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
If Ron Paul doesn't win, I will have absolutely no pity for any non-Ron Paul supporters. I know this might sound bitter, but it's how I feel. If people come crying to me that 2 years into a Romney presidency the jobs situation is only worse, I'll tell them it's their fault.

I don't think anybody expects Ron Paul supporters to sympathize with other supporters if Ron Paul were to lose. Paul supporters have pritty much made it clear, either Ron Paul gets the GOP nomination, or the GOP will lose sympathy and support from them. This is why other GOPers have sharpened their attacks against Paul, because he and his supporters simply refuse to be part of the party's overall agreed agenda, and the party establishment see no benefit from supporting Paul as much as the other candidates. Your attitude isn't anything new either, there are segments of Romney and huntsman supporters who feel the same way. As for whether electing Paul is the best and necessary choice for this country? This is yours and others view of it, I personally beg to differ, and so do many other folks.

In anycase I think it's alittle too early to begin criticizing others for Ron Paul's loss. I mean it's only been two primaries so far, Ron Paul has performed well thus far, he holds 25% of the vote with the current count coming in from New Hampshire, far more than projected, he is either tied in a 3 way race or he falls second, just behind Romney. So before you start complaining, give your candidate more time, he is not out of the race by a longshot.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

(They did try that btw.)

Not sure if trolling...

Are you sure about that? I never heard no such thing. Did they try pumping water into the stern to level it out (and just sink the thing even faster)?

Y u no seal the bulkheads? Stupids!

I saw it on the Discovery Channel TV Show Curiosity. It was sinking too fast and the opposite end was being lifted into the air. They were worried the boat would split in 2, which seemed like more of a risk than a quick sinking. It was that thought that by allowing the water into more compartments, perhaps the boat would level off and float and they could seal it all off. But it turned out to be too much water and weight.
edit on 10-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i love ron and i'm i'm sure romney won't be our next president, obama will take a 2nd term and here's my "hope", obama hasn't really done anything to help and here's where i get a little delusional, he's so busy cleaning up all the BS bush left behind he'll do better in a 2nd term. HA anyway.. we're screwed either way it goes and i know it sounds very conspiracy'ish but they're all in it together making us mad at one side so we'll pick the other.

i really do feel like were living in the end times and not because of biblical prophecy, the mayans or otherwise but for the fact that our government is so outta whack and literally know that there's nothing they can do that'll make us upset to the point of actually taking action against them. for the first time in my life i'm sincerely scared, we really and truly do hold the power to take back control but we've been conditioned since, well, forever really to fear change but radical change is not just needed but completely necessary at the moment.

so untill we wake up we're destined to repeat and repeat and repeat...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I hear you. I'm just very much feeling like we need someone like Paul to fix the country.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am English but i think there is something fishy about ron paul.The people who are running for president are already pre selected.Obama promised peace and no more wars look how that turned out.once he is in power if he wins you will fastly start to see his true colours when it is too late to do anything about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join