It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clues in DNA reveal how long you'll live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Clues in DNA reveal how long you'll live

www.dailymail.co. uk

Scientists have found a way to predict how long someone will live – by measuring their genes as a baby.

Life expectancy is written into our DNA and is there to be seen from the day we are born.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This changes the game altogether ,your whole life could be mapped out , the power that this information carries in the wrong hands is frightning , if they decide that the info is to be kept from the individual , this would not happen , because someone would challenge , maybe take it all the way to the European court of human rights for sure.

www.dailymail.co. uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
there are too many variables to factor in, unless you live your whole life in a bubble, this means nothing.

thats just my opinion

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

I'm not sure I'd want to know.

Makes life a wee bit more enjoyable NOT knowing.

Now if my employment, health benefits were based on such a reading then I'd consider that to be an invasion of privacy and sue the snot out of them.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

lol, do you live in aus?
i just watched a tv documentary exactly what your post is about.
it was very interesting !

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

HA HA check my avatar 4 location , wish I was where you are ,

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

man that is so spun out ! even the timing on your post fits near perfectly to the end of the doc i watched....
other than that thanks for making me look into this some more! awesome information

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I don't understand how? they are removing the human factor. Surely if someone is born with a life expectancy of 74 but drinks alcohol 5 nights a week and smokes 20 a day that is going to be dramatically reduces and vice versa someone with a life expectancy of 55 who doesn't drink or smokes and works out and eats a healthy diet will surely increase his/her life expectancy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Yeah, it looks like we don't have to worry about what we eat or drink, how much exercise we do or our environment anymore!

They're just saying this so they can offer us longer life in the future by genetically modifying us...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

very true, stress would surely play a part a well ? eg take 2 twins, if one had a relaxed comfortable life compared to another that did something very stressful would the stress not make that one age faster? Plus yeah pollutants, even illness at one point, anti bioetics etc, intersting stuff though, perhaps possible to one day count how many years we do in fact waste through drink,drugs poor eating etc.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Who says all this health stuff is true? Outside of the typical "vegans live longer", "do sport, live longer" propaganda crap, it's not really proven. People died doing sport or exercising, people died because of malnutrition, people died of lung cancer even though they never smoked. I think it's to simple (but typical for humans) to look at the easiest solution and say "do this and this and you live longer", without any realy proof.
If it was the case of what you're saying, shouldn't ALL people who smoke die young? Yet there are some who reach 85-90 years or even more, despite smoking a pack a day. What about fat people? Shouldn't they all die by 40 at your logic? Yet someone like Alfred Hitchcock reached 80 years.
Life is not as simple as you think.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Pharmaganda!?!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Meh if I could have this done I would. Just so I have a general idea of when im expected to die. And then I would live really badly and get a dire prognosis and be told I have 5 years to live. At this point I would sue the organization because they told me my life expectantcy was longer get millions in a settlement and then get top notch treatment. The treatment would probably increase my living years and I would die rich and happy.....probably young though.....better to have lived tho. Lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
there are too many variables to factor in, unless you live your whole life in a bubble, this means nothing.

thats just my opinion

You are correct. They cannot predict whether you will become an alcohol addict or a smoker or if you are going to live in an urban area or a city with dense smog.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
First of all under what circumstances?

How long you will live based on only your DNA but lifestyle aside?
Doesnt' work that way unfortunately... or fortunately

secondly knowing how long you can live will also change your lifestyle, depending on how stupid you are

imagine some idiot finds out he'll live until he's 80yrs old and then drowns his liver/kidney with acohol and takes up smoking

Now couple that with the entitlement system and "free" healthcare

a fiscal conservative's worst nightmare

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Who says all this health stuff is true? Outside of the typical "vegans live longer", "do sport, live longer" propaganda crap, it's not really proven. People died doing sport or exercising, people died because of malnutrition, people died of lung cancer even though they never smoked. I think it's to simple (but typical for humans) to look at the easiest solution and say "do this and this and you live longer", without any realy proof.
If it was the case of what you're saying, shouldn't ALL people who smoke die young? Yet there are some who reach 85-90 years or even more, despite smoking a pack a day. What about fat people? Shouldn't they all die by 40 at your logic? Yet someone like Alfred Hitchcock reached 80 years.
Life is not as simple as you think.

I see what you are saying, but is it scientifically proven that a healthy life style will reduce your risk of developing serious life threatening illness which will play a factor. Of course not everyone will develop illnesses and not everyone will be lucky enough to evade it, but as mentioned above there are too many variables to take into consideration when calculating life expectancy not just a quick look at your genetic make up at birth.

top topics

join