It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Answering Tim Tebow’s Prayers?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

it's a cheap magic trick
basically the fundies are getting people to channel energies at this simpleton

meanwhile another poster is trying to hook ats into the circuit

while calling the kettle black when some witches decided to do the same for the other team
and posted this hit piece

Witches Gather In Salem To Cast Spell To Stop Tim Tebow’s Miracle Season www.nowtheendbegins.com...

“I’m going to raise the energy of the universe and send out all the good mojo,” Lorelei told the Boston Herald. “Lori will call in the Angels.”

The good witches won’t hex Tebow, as it’s “not their way,” but plan on setting up an alter with a hand-sewn Brady puppet and mojo bags filled with herbs and stones for every Patriots team member.

yet despite the above article falsely states

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady may not need the help, but some witches are planning to cast a spell to put an end to Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow’s miraculous season.

Witches Lorelei and Lori Bruno were scheduled to hold a seance at noon today – Friday the 13th – at Haven Crow Corner in Salem, Mass. to fix a win for the Pats.

funny how it's a grievous sin only when non-cristians do it.

and don't waste your time asking why god can help "Trog" "aircraft-carrier-jaw" tenbow get a touchdown
while millions are starving the world over

cause "all god's chillun got shoes"

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

That's good to hear.
Now get ready for satan to take a giant dump on your head.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
94 Million Google Hits!

An act as simple as an obedient college football player writing John 3:16 under his eyes on game day can result in 94 million people reading the Word of God.

get a grip
this just the same thing the politicians do when they get caught hating on gays, going for the fundie vote, or in this case money

only god being honored here IMO:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

sINCE MANY BRING UP MONEY, HERE IS HIS FOUNDATION, oops caps

www.timtebowfoundation.org...#

www.timtebowfoundation.org...

I hear a good percentage of what he earns goes to charity.

what makes you think it's not a tax dodge

or for nefarious purposes,
like the rockefeller or the bill and melinda gates foundations? hmmm?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

I haven't anymore to say.

isn't that what they were chanting
as they burned the library of Alexandria down?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Apparently not since by all accounts his behavior still indicates he has a magina...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
God must've hung up on Tebow last night.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

edit on 15-1-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

lol
will you be rejoining r/atheism again then?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Tebow played alright, God was listening, it is just that Denver's defense had no answer for Brady, and Brady was a man on a mission after having to hear about Tebow all week!! God is great, but don't underestimate the power of a man! Superbowl MVP, League MVP, and top passer in the league, and all the sportscasters feigning over Tebow.

I loved seeing Brady school the youngster! Tebow will have his chances, but Brady is KING for today!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Mmmmm.. does that concentrated Idolatry taste so sweet? You have a curious choice of vocabulary in that post, friend.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I'd have to post an entire thread to decipher that post for you!

Suffice to say, I believe in God, respect God, seek out God's help often, and listen when God answers, but I do not "worship" God, and I believe mankind was given all the power to become god-like, and I'm not afraid to fight a God if I ever meet one.

The Bible has many passages that turn me off. I have Job 16:9 tattooed on my back, but if I were ever in Abraham's shoes, I would choose my own son over any God that asked me to kill him. If God is real, then there is no need for petty games, idolatry, or silly tests. There is only survival and spiritual growth through experience.

So, to equate to football, I'd put Tom Brady's experience, empowerment, and motivation up against Tim Tebow's blind faith any day.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I don't think that God takes sides in football.

You can be an athlete and a Christian. It is the effort of the individual that perfects his/her sporting ability.

I think that God is more interested in your personal development, not your accomplishments on a sporting field.
Well put, and I agree.

God doesn't "hang up" on people. Just because someone is a Christian does not mean they have special powers to win every game they play. Win some, lose some. How life spins

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join