It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are wrong about Iran.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
honestly, i am sick of the whole situation. I'm willing to bet alot of people in the middle east feel the same way. i think we'd all like to live our lives in peace.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Yes this must be why were always in Africa sorting them out. sorry its oil aint it

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Iran is surrounded. I would want nukes too if I knew the lion was at the gate, ready to strike. USA will wage war against Iran.......FOR ISRAEL. All America is any more is Israel's attack dog.. Iran will fight back, with a vengence. More young American men & women off to die for Israel. It's really a damn crying shame..

Wake up GOYIM your being used and abused and have been since 1948..

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by newyorkee
world police huh.....we that good....?

To you, thats acceptable because thats their culture.

is the question you ask
do I think their culture is acceptable.....or do I think if I was part of their culture...I would find it unacceptable..?¿?

from MY cultures perspective.....eating bugs is nasty....eating rice with your hand is dangerous and gross....personally I think cutting your penis to circumcise it is strange..... making elongated skulls or necks with cool little rings....

if you eat yourselves....because you like it....its magic....then hey....don't expect me for dinner.....

Fair enough. Your answer then is you accept it because it's their culture and not ours. You kind of make me sick for rationalizing such behavior.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedavies
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Yes this must be why were always in Africa sorting them out. sorry its oil aint it

Right. Where was the US when Rawanda killed 1,000,000 of it's own people in a genocide last decade?

Oh right. No where to be found because it was strategically unimportant at the time.

edit on 9-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
tolerance makes you sick.....that weird man you say you are a rational person....I don't know...because I never rationalized it...see...you are doing it again.....trolling...you bait and go.....I never spoke of how why or who was doing or should be doing....you just want fuel for fire.....

I don't want to just see it burn.....you are kind of an anarchist or at least a nullist....you secretly wish to see the world burn in some ritualistic suicide through war......

fishy fishy with the bait

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Rafe_
Yes and the U.S had guatanamo bay (and more) to indefinitely hold,torture and kill.

True.

These people detained here are not simply innocent gays however. They are POWs. I do agree that Guantanamo needs to be torn down or made more transparent. Again, im no fan of the USA either.

So they have to be innocent gays? Why can't they be innocents? There are plenty there...do a quick google search.

If they are innocent and committed no war crimes, then I want them out of Guantanamo too. I'm not only for one side.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yes... why?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Who is going to take care of Iran when their oil runs out?
Who will defend them?

Every nation has a right to prepare themselves for the future.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Ok great. We agree again. Let's go have a timmies!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I will not say you are wrong since that falls entirely upon deaf ears anyway but America and many other countires already profit from the oil in Iran without the need to invade. The list is long but includes...Haliburton,,,,Ammoco....BP....Shell...GAZPROM (Russian)....Petro (Canadian)...Norsk Hydro (Norway)....Spain...Japan....Romania....Malaysia....just about everyone participates and profits from the oil in Iran and that includes Iran. Its a fact....no disputes about it you read more here and there...

money.cnn.com...

www.parstimes.com...

The current admin has no intrest in war at this time...they are heck bent on ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to make reelection more likely...then perhaps...but to me its a game that Iran is very good at PR....sanctions have hurt the current admin and certainly they could do much better with out them so they raise heck and spout nonsense about their intentions toward the US and Israel...not good intentions either.

444 days...1979 to 1981 the Irainian goverment did nothing...in fact supported the holding of hostages in Iran....we the US recently took action to help Iranians in trouble from pirates on the open sea...in fact the same fleet that was recently threated by the Iranian govenment saved them.

Not everything is as it seems not in Iran and not in the US...whose intrest is a big war of words best for....of course the US because it keeps the defense industry alive and well....in Iran it keeps the fanatics fired up and in charge...lets face normal people in Iran and normal people in the US have been played and will continue to played by both governments,

No one on either side is right both of us have shameful past and would appear shameful futures but as long as people continue to not see that they together the government of Iran and the PTB in the US are using words and nationalism against us to keep it going and you are falling right into the trap.

Israel may be the only ones with an intrest here as they are in the line of fire day in and day out...whether it be rockets or words...not the place to argue whether Israel deserves this or that or should go tit for tat...it just plays into the PTB hands again....look at it from all sides but make no mistake the world is already profiting off the oil in the entire middle east and so is the middle east so no war will not be about the oil...it is as always about controling the populace in both places and keeping minds from actually meetin in the middle.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

So you are saying America is going to fight a proxy war on behalf of Israel? Are you also saying that no one makes money from war? There are more reasons than oil to invade a country...they pay you to rebuild as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

You did not read my post...the US has no intrest in war at this time and Iran does not either...Israel does not need anyone to fight a war for them. The world is already profiting from Iran's and the middle eastern oil....as far as rebuilding after a war...of course money to be made there but not yet.

Its about words to control...both in Iran and in the US...to keep defense money rolling thru the big contractor...US companies have always been in control of the oil not just in Iran but the whole middle east so war will not come because of oil...as I ststed above it will be to control populations in Iran to sastify the religious fanatics and in the US to keep the public supporting a defence machine....Israel is sort of in the middle...they I am most certain they would not like Iran to have nukes as they would be the target...but pretty stupid on Irans part since they are kind of downwind...cross wind...close enough to feel the effects themselves.

I do not see a war anytime near unless someone really gets desperate...not the US since they already control the oil,,,,not Iran unless the current admin begins to lose even more control....not Israel unless actually attacked.

Could be wrong but since your premise is its about the oil just wanted to point it out...that has nothing to do with it....control of the population in both the west and the east.

edit on 1/9/2012 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

Sorry about that, I must have not read it properly. What you say makes sense as well. I do hope there is no war and I hope this is all about "who appears to be stronger to the world" then "we will kill you first".

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't advocate war. But that doesn't mean Iran's leaders aren't scum bags.
edit on 9-1-2012 by amfirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst

I'm sure the people of Iran think that of America's leaders too. It's all about perspective.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

It is alot harder to make money from war than peace. A defense contractor who is paid hundred of billions to design new systems...and aircraft...and bombs....in a war time scenario the systems actually have to be delievered....aircraft must be built and work....and bombs...not just designs now....they have to spend money actually building the darn things and since bombs are kinda limited...I mean they go boom and thats it....they have to keep building them and someone has to actually pay and be paid for them...not like in peace when contracts are written and one test...fixed of course...then they can go and spend the same hundreds of billions but without ever actually building anything and pass some of the money back to those that wrote the contracts.

If you think how long the PTB have been going at it...Iran and US....war has never developed...facts are that the US needs Iran...they are actually the most stable country in the area...progressive people...educated...westernized and all...and Iran needs the US...to get the oil out of the ground and provide the money that keeps them going...universities to educate the people and give them far better lives than they would have otherwise.

Israel needs no one to fight a war for them...they have a very strong military...I do beleive they could give the US a run for the money for a short while before just being run over by size...but Iran...Syria...Egypt...no contest. Its why we must give them what they want and thats a little more room....keeps them happy....and keeps the whole region a little off balance so the peace time war machine keeps rolling.

Nukes bring a new variable to the game...we can all agree that nukes in this region make no one safe...to many fanatics that want to play a game by themselves...no excuses for everything the US...Isreal.. and others...not to forget China and Russia has a hand in this mess as well...have done in the area but no war there yet...to much money to be had just playing the game of tit for tat...and this and that...and he said...we said...its about control us and them just like the cold war when the bear and the eagle played the game for so long

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

I agree with the fact that fear is a great motivator to justify spending billions on "defenses".
Do you think it's possible that Iran is developing a bomb to be built so that it can "free" itself to get its own oil out of the ground and sell it to whomever they want? If they have a nuke to be used as a deterrent, then they could be more self sufficient and not have to rely on "westernized" countries. The only thing they have to fear is the US knowing exactly what they are doing and why and launching a preemptive attack, beat them eventually, charge the country for reparations, put in a friendly in power, and continue on their way.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What I find most fascinating/entertaining about all the "pre-war" rhetoric is the assumption that the West has a patent on not only sanity, but the desire for self preservation.

Assuming for a moment that Iran actually had the capability (with or without nukes) to seriously threaten Israel, to act on this capability would absolutely assure the end of the ruling regime, the devastation of their population, and the plunder of their oil resources.....and we don't think they understand or appreciate this reality?

Come on, it's fun to be the only smart guy in the room....but it's also never actually true.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyCrazy
What I find most fascinating/entertaining about all the "pre-war" rhetoric is the assumption that the West has a patent on not only sanity, but the desire for self preservation.

Assuming for a moment that Iran actually had the capability (with or without nukes) to seriously threaten Israel, to act on this capability would absolutely assure the end of the ruling regime, the devastation of their population, and the plunder of their oil resources.....and we don't think they understand or appreciate this reality?

Come on, it's fun to be the only smart guy in the room....but it's also never actually true.

Agreed! I can't believe how many people shout, "nuke them back to the stone age", without even actually trying to find out why Iran is the "enemy". If you actually take the time to do some research (not you specifically) then people will find that there is no reason for the sanctions against Iran. Why would the US do this when: 1) it doesn't help them in the long run and 2) why back a "weaker" player into a corner only giving them one recourse?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join