It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are wrong about Iran.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am making this thread to put to rest some of the items that we know to be true, but others do not.

This is for all the people that say the sanctions are justified, please stick with that.

1) Iran had a big rally and they all were shouting “Death to America”. They want YOU dead!?

There are extremists to every culture. The ones that chant this phrase are not only America’s enemies, they are Iran’s enemies as well.

“They are not representatives of Iranian people, and this is not the slogan of Iranian people. Iranian people want independence and at the same time want friendship with the U.S. and other countries. The "death to America" slogan, is the slogan of enemies of Iranian people, and it has caused a lot of damage to Iran and Iranians, inside and abroad, during all these years, and has associated the name of Iran and Iranians with hostage-taking, terrorism, and Islamism.

This barbaric slogan, from the start of Islamic Republic of Iran, has been repeated by the leaders of IRI, in every Friday prayer. In fact, after the beheading of Nick Berg and the Sept 11th atrocity, the meaning of this slogan as the central slogan of Islamists is clear to anyone. Even before Sept 11th, there were many other heinous crimes by the Islamists. The fatwa of Ayatollah Khomeini for murder of Salman Rushdie for his ideas, which is even condemned by Khomeini's grandson today, and terrors of Boroumand, Bakhtiar, Kurdish Leaders, and Foruhars, are just to mention a few..”

From here.

2) Iran is building nuclear weapons according to the IAEA report.

No.

There are no publicly available guidelines for determining how serious a safeguards violation might be; there is no automatic translation from safeguards violations into NPT violations. This may help explain why the IAEA has found many discrepancies, but has not yet formally found Iran to be in noncompliance with its safeguards agreement.

Article XII of the IAEA Statute contains procedures for reporting non-compliance: ...The inspectors shall report any non-compliance to the Director General who shall thereupon transmit the report to the Board of Governors. The Board shall call upon the recipient State or States to remedy forthwith any non-compliance which it finds to have occurred. The Board shall report the non-compliance to all members and to the Security Council and General Assembly of the United Nations. In the event of failure of the recipient State or States to take fully corrective action within a reasonable time, the Board may take one or both of the following measures: direct curtailment or suspension of assistance being provided by the Agency or by a member, and call for the return of materials and equipment made available to the recipient member or group of members. The Agency may also, in accordance with article XIX, suspend any non- complying member from the exercise of the privileges and rights of membership.

This U.S. position is not an “official” finding of the IAEA; the United States has used a different standard than the IAEA in assessing Iran’s compliance.

NOW FOR THE COUP DE GRACE REGARDING THE IAEA REPORT:

The IAEA carries out regular inspections of Iranian nuclear sites but has not sent a senior official for talks since August, before it released its latest report containing what was described as intelligence showing Iran's nuclear military aims. Western countries seized on the IAEA report last month to ratchet up economic sanctions.

All links to sources, here. My earlier post.

3) Iran is part of the NPT, and they are not complying with it even though they must as they are a signatory!

Some NPT (Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty) parties are adamant that the United States and other nuclear weapon states are not complying with their own obligations, namely, to pursue nuclear disarmament.

So, some countries are expected to follow their obligations because they are signatories, but others don't have to? Please explain...

At the 2000 NPT Review Conference, the parties agreed to what have become known as the “13 Practical Steps” toward disarmament, but the United States has since withdrawn its support for those steps.

4) This isn’t about oil, this is about Iran getting nukes.

Iran ranks second in the world in natural gas reserves and third in oil reserves. It is OPEC's 2nd largest oil exporter and it has the potential to become an energy superpower.

Really?
Why aren’t they invading North Korea then? Israel? India? Pakistan? They are non-signatories of NPT. They don’t have what America wants!

5) Iran doesn't want the IAEA in their country.

From here.

Iran has invited the U.N. nuclear watchdog to visit for talks, a senior Western diplomat said on Tuesday, but it was not clear whether the IAEA would accept without a commitment from Tehran to address suspicions it is seeking atomic weapons.

6) They want to "wipe Israel off the map".

See this thread.

If you have any further questions, or something to add please feel free to ask/add. I am just getting sick of repeating myself over and over and then people just abandon thread because they have no opposition to what I am saying.
edit on 8-1-2012 by superman2012 because: adding number 6

edit on 8-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by Byrd because: (map removed by request of superman2012

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Most of the tension in Iran is due to the current build up of the inevitable war with Iran which is no secret any longer.
I would be a little worked up and p*ssed off too if i knew that some big bullies were coming to invade us.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
While I do not advocate the bombing of Iran, I am certainly aware of their brutal human rights record.

All we have to do is look at their leadership. Famously announcing in front of the whole world at a UN convention that there are "no gays in Iran", shortly after publicly hanging teenage gay men with the explicit permission of the government is a sure sign of a very sick government.

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
While I do not advocate the bombing of Iran, I am certainly aware of their brutal human rights record.

All we have to do is look at their leadership. Famously announcing in front of the whole world at a UN convention that there are "no gays in Iran", shortly after publicly hanging teenage gay men with the explicit permission of the government is a sure sign of a very sick government.

You should check out the US's human rights record as well. Not just the US, but every country.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The tales about war with iran has been going on for decades.they are just a bit bitter,believe it or not during ww2 britian and the soviet union teamed up and invaded iran together.trust me it will take a country a lot more powerful than iran to trigger ww3.all it is about is America and the west hate countrys been run by dictators.which is fair enough, as we all know they are evil,

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

You should check out the US's human rights record as well. Not just the US, but every country.

Your point is?

I'm quite aware the US is corrupt in the extreme. Does that mean I cannot say the same about Iran? At least we don't publicly hang homosexuals with the governments permission.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Your point is?

I'm quite aware the US is corrupt in the extreme. Does that mean I cannot say the same about Iran? At least we don't publicly hang homosexuals with the governments permission.

This thread wasn't about their brutal human rights record. It was an attempt to educate people about why this war will start and who the real aggressors are. No, you don't publicly hang homosexuals, but, you do have mass graves of Indians from residential schools.
So unless you have something to contribute to the thread, thanks for coming out.

edit on 8-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Your point is?

America is a big puppet and tool used to ensure Israels supremacy over the Middle East region. Iran is the thorn in the eyes of the extremist jews and christians.

This has nothing to do with Irans homo society, this is about jew supremacy. The jew controls USA, but it can never control the Islamic republic.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Text1) Iran had a big rally and they all were shouting “Death to America”. They want YOU dead!? There are extremists to every culture. The ones that chant this phrase are not only America’s enemies, they are Iran’s enemies as well.
reply to post by superman2012

They are the current leaders of Iran, the ones in power, the ones who make all the decisions - um so yes it is they whom we make our decisions based upon.

That a minority of the more westernised youth does not like them is irrelevant!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the attempt to clarify the Persian headgeared leader's manipulations today.

One issue at a time.

The crux of the whole issue is the NUKE issue. After Fukishima accident, the world is very, very concern on the issue of nukes.

That persian headgeared, if he is as responsible as some Iranians and Arab Muslims believed him to be, would have assured the world humanity there is nothing to be feared with his decision to go ahead with nuke energy, NOT BY WORDS, THREATS, or BELLIGERANCE with his middle finger up.

If he has NOTHING TO HIDE, invite IEAE to FREE, UNHINDERED ACCESS in Iran.

Some claim sovereignity, some claim military-national secrecy, but c'mon, what tech has Iran possessed that is not already long discovered and manufactured by the West?

Yet, this leader persists in snubbing the world, a world we mankind share. You CANNOT blame the world for being precautious. The Pearl Harbour raid. Hitler's invasions into European states, 911, had taught USA to be becareful of those who talk peace but secretly preparing for war.

The ball is now in the persian headgeared leader's court. Be responsible, or irresponsible not only to the world but to his own suffering citizens, and face the consequences.

May he, one prideful infidel mortal, not choose the path to war. We are no longer living in the 7th Century, may he wake up. If not, may the citizens wake him up. The world is not asking for the impossible.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

And once again as I said I never claimed we were perfect.

And as far as me not contributing further, sorry your not going to get off that easy. The title of your post is that we are wrong about Iran. Well, I disagree. I think in many areas we are in fact right.

Canada does have it's skeletons, and yes your right about the aboriginal atrocities. Do you think I don't care about those things? Do you not think it possible for someone to see the wrongs at home as well as overseas? Do you think that simply because we have done wrong in the past, I cannot hold another country to task over their wrongs?

Sorry bub, but we in Canada have moved beyond those things. Yes, we have our issues, but the day we hang gays in the streets and then Stephen Harper announces to the world that Canada has no more gays is the day I take up arms to overthrow the government.

If you want to hold up a country as an example, I'd suggest Iceland or the like. Iran is far from peaceful with their funding of Hezzbollah, Hamas and other terrorist organizations. Blood is certainly on their hands as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
The jew controls USA, but it can never control the Islamic republic.

Look at the map above - I wouldn't be too confident. Iran is utterly surrounded.

It's coming. This has been 32 years in the making. The West wants to restore the monarchy to Iran and crown a Shah who will westernize and secularize the country.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Please read what I posted at the beginning of this thread and follow the relevant links to answer all your questions.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I think in many areas we are in fact right.

Care to elaborate on that statement?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Great post S&F for ya. I believe that Iran is in the crosshairs. If only people would quit listening to the msm and started doing a little digging they would see what is really going on.As far as the nuclear treaty, when will Israel sign it? Look at what has happened in the last few days with America helping out getting those Iranians away from the pirates, helping out with the Russian ship, I believe this shows that if politics is left out we can help each other out. What we really need is a new energy form and get off the oil....alas that will not happen because of GREED!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Then why bring it up? A poor human rights record is not an excuse to destroy an entire country.

The United States has a disgraceful record. You need only look at Guantanamo Bay.

If it was about human rights then we could mention many other countries such as North Korea, Belarus or Zimbabwe.
edit on 8/1/12 by Kram09 because: typos

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I had read them long before I replied earlier.

Your belligerance and unwillingness to accept facts is similar to that persian infidel leader. If you persist in this manner, we will never solve anything except see you and me blown to bits..and soon.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The only person who can't accept facts is you.

Come on then smart guy, the OP has stated facts, try to counter them.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Your point is?

America is a big puppet and tool used to ensure Israels supremacy over the Middle East region. Iran is the thorn in the eyes of the extremist jews and christians.

This has nothing to do with Irans homo society, this is about jew supremacy. The jew controls USA, but it can never control the Islamic republic.

Do you deny that the hung gays in the street and Ahmadinejad declared "No gays in Iran"?

I suppose the big, bad Zionists paid Ahmadinejad to say that to serve their purposes then?

edit on 8-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

And once again as I said I never claimed we were perfect.

And as far as me not contributing further, sorry your not going to get off that easy. The title of your post is that we are wrong about Iran. Well, I disagree. I think in many areas we are in fact right.

Canada does have it's skeletons, and yes your right about the aboriginal atrocities. Do you think I don't care about those things? Do you not think it possible for someone to see the wrongs at home as well as overseas? Do you think that simply because we have done wrong in the past, I cannot hold another country to task over their wrongs?

Sorry bub, but we in Canada have moved beyond those things. Yes, we have our issues, but the day we hang gays in the streets and then Stephen Harper announces to the world that Canada has no more gays is the day I take up arms to overthrow the government.

If you want to hold up a country as an example, I'd suggest Iceland or the like. Iran is far from peaceful with their funding of Hezzbollah, Hamas and other terrorist organizations. Blood is certainly on their hands as well.

and once again, this thread isn't about human rights. This is about TRYING to educate people about the reasons why the US is saying Iran is bad, and why they are not, in regards to nuclear, and other untruths. Going by your example, I would say I have to try harder. Sorry for failing you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join