It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran offers nuclear technology to friendly African nations

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Dude, I’ve mentioned it 3 times. What do you want??

What do I want!? What do I want!!!?? The same thing I have asked for since we started debating this.

Please, please, PLEASE, show me a SOURCE that shows me exactly why the NEW economic sanctions were put against Iran. Not something that happened 30 years ago. You claimed it in a post (that I have linked to in my previous post), now I am just asking you for SOURCES!!!!!!

Please let me know if you cannot understand that. Wow.

Edit: Here is your list...again.
edit on 7-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Edit: If they are saying, as you seem to be, that EVERYTHING that Iran has done up to now is cause for sanctions than that is complete bullspit.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I wouldn't let superman2012 get to you he's clearly a lamb for the slaughter. There's no reason for the predator to allow the prey to upset him.

Some people are to stupid to look out for their own survival.

I'd love to see how some of these live let live fools would do in jail? I know I'd have myself one extra dinner every day.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dwight D. Eisenhower
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.

I have one yardstick by which I test every major problem - and that yardstick is: Is it good for America?

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

In most communities it is illegal to cry "fire" in a crowded assembly. Should it not be considered serious international misconduct to manufacture a general war scare in an effort to achieve local political aims?

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships - the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace.

More than an end to war, we want an end to the beginning of all wars - yes, an end to this brutal, inhuman and thoroughly impractical method of settling the differences between governments.

Rules are not necessarily sacred, principles are.

The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the government.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.

Those newspapers of the nation which most loudly cried dictatorship against me would have been the first to justify the beginnings of dictatorship by somebody else.

edit on 7-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And america "is" an angel? I couldn't help but laugh.

Almost anywhere in the world where a country's citizens rise up and question the system, they get pelted with US made tear-gas, US made bullets, US made riot shields, US made sound cannons, US made water cannons.

But it's ok if those deaths are at the hands of the US because the US is an angel?

If you are implying that Iran trains terrorist groups by arming them and financing them... lets assume this is true for one moment. Why is it OK for america to train its own terrorist groups and carry on unquestioned?

Al Qaeda IS the result of US training and financing. It goes way back to the muhajideen and the soviet invasion of afghanistan. Your country willingly trained these groups of rebels knowing they were jihad in order to "help" fight the russians during that era. Your country effectively created Al Qaeda.

Now back to my point.

Iran supposedly" trains terror groups, Iran is a terrorist?
America HAS trained and established terror groups, America is an angel?

Hypocrisy, again.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by seabag

Dude, I’ve mentioned it 3 times. What do you want??

What do I want!? What do I want!!!?? The same thing I have asked for since we started debating this.

Please, please, PLEASE, show me a SOURCE that shows me exactly why the NEW economic sanctions were put against Iran. Not something that happened 30 years ago. You claimed it in a post (that I have linked to in my previous post), now I am just asking you for SOURCES!!!!!!

Please let me know if you cannot understand that. Wow.

Edit: Here is your list...again.

Edit: If they are saying, as you seem to be, that EVERYTHING that Iran has done up to now is cause for sanctions than they is complete bullspit.

Because they won’t disclose their nuclear program, man!!! Do you watch the news??

The U.S. wants the P5+1 to press Iran to resolve concerns over its nuclear work, while the Iranian government is seeking to broaden the talks to include regional security issues. The U.S. and Europe accuse Iran of lying about its nuclear research, which they say is a cover to develop atomic weapons. Iran says it only wants to generate nuclear power.

“These negotiations are a test of Iran’s willingness to enter into and to keep its international obligations,” British Foreign Secretary William Hague said yesterday at a press conference in Wellington, New Zealand. “It is time for them to show in these negotiations that they are prepared to discuss the whole of their nuclear program.”
link

Countries with a track record of terrorism are a concern for the civilized world. If Iran continues to refuse to disclose its nuclear program then they will face sanctions. They are bringing this upon themselves. If they have nothing to hide then why don’t they comply?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Here you are.

www.international.gc.ca...

This is the official reasons given by the Canadian government.

In response to the IAEA's November 9, 2011 assessment of Iran's nuclear program, Canada is imposing further sanctions under the SEMA.

These additional sanctions were imposed because Iran continues to violate its international obligations by ignoring successive UN Security Council resolutions to cooperate fully with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and suspend its enrichment-related activities. Therefore, in close consultation with like-minded partners, including the United States and the European Union, and building upon UN Resolution 1929, the Government of Canada implemented further sanctions against Iran through the Special Economic Measures Act (SEMA).

There is more here giving an overview of the UN sanctions since 2006.

This is an escalation of sanctions in response to an escalation of nuclear development from Iran.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Countries with a track record of terrorism are a concern for the civilized world. If Iran continues to refuse to disclose its nuclear program then they will face sanctions. They are bringing this upon themselves. If they have nothing to hide then why don’t they comply?

I'd love to hear what you have to say about Israel on that matter....
edit on 7/1/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Because they won’t disclose their nuclear program, man!!! Do you watch the news??

Thank you. Now we can get to the core of your problem. Iran is a part of of the NPT and is a signatory as is the US...Israel is not (but not part of the discussion, just brought it up as it is interesting).

Some NPT (Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty) parties are adamant that the United States and other nuclear weapon states are not complying with their own obligations, namely, to pursue nuclear disarmament.

So, some countries are expected to follow their obligations because they are signatories, but others don't have to? Please explain...

At the 2000 NPT Review Conference, the parties agreed to what have become known as the “13 Practical Steps” toward disarmament, but the United States has since withdrawn its support for those steps.

There are no publicly available guidelines for determining how serious a safeguards violation might be; there is no automatic translation from safeguards violations into NPT violations. This may help explain why the IAEA has found many discrepancies, but has not yet formally found Iran to be in noncompliance with its safeguards agreement.

Article XII of the IAEA Statute contains procedures for reporting non-compliance: ...The inspectors shall report any non-compliance to the Director General who shall thereupon transmit the report to the Board of Governors. The Board shall call upon the recipient State or States to remedy forthwith any non-compliance which it finds to have occurred. The Board shall report the non-compliance to all members and to the Security Council and General Assembly of the United Nations. In the event of failure of the recipient State or States to take fully corrective action within a reasonable time, the Board may take one or both of the following measures: direct curtailment or suspension of assistance being provided by the Agency or by a member, and call for the return of materials and equipment made available to the recipient member or group of members. The Agency may also, in accordance with article XIX, suspend any non- complying member from the exercise of the privileges and rights of membership.

AND THE MOST INTERESTING PART:

This U.S. position is not an “official” finding of the IAEA; the United States has used a different standard than the IAEA in assessing Iran’s compliance.

HMMMM.....but then why you ask, would the US want to go to Iran and not worry about Israel??!? Well:

Iran ranks second in the world in natural gas reserves and third in oil reserves. It is OPEC's 2nd largest oil exporter and it has the potential to become an energy superpower.

No more wars for oil hey Obama?

Oh yes...here is the coup de grâce:

The IAEA carries out regular inspections of Iranian nuclear sites but has not sent a senior official for talks since August, before it released its latest report containing what was described as intelligence showing Iran's nuclear military aims. Western countries seized on the IAEA report last month to ratchet up economic sanctions.

So now that we know what your problems are with Iran, and we have sufficiently taught you why the US does not want them to have nuclear power. Does it make more sense now?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by superman2012

Here you are.

www.international.gc.ca...

This is the official reasons given by the Canadian government.

In response to the IAEA's November 9, 2011 assessment of Iran's nuclear program, Canada is imposing further sanctions under the SEMA.

These additional sanctions were imposed because Iran continues to violate its international obligations by ignoring successive UN Security Council resolutions to cooperate fully with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and suspend its enrichment-related activities. Therefore, in close consultation with like-minded partners, including the United States and the European Union, and building upon UN Resolution 1929, the Government of Canada implemented further sanctions against Iran through the Special Economic Measures Act (SEMA).

There is more here giving an overview of the UN sanctions since 2006.

This is an escalation of sanctions in response to an escalation of nuclear development from Iran.

That doesn't make sense. The IAEA hadn't been there since August before it released its latest report as of Dec. 20. That didn't matter to western countries though.

Western countries seized on the IAEA report last month to ratchet up economic sanctions.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join