It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How strong is your belief in the 2012 prophecies?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I know that there is nothing in the prophecies. I know that there's been alot of money made in bookselling to a particular target group who lap this stuff up. I know that burried under all the new age stuff is the boring truth that all the ending of the long count calendar means is that the calendar will end. And that all other new age prophecies for 2012 are just as baseless.

How much faith do you have? Will you post on this thread defending that faith knowing that at the end of the year this thread will still be here and anyone can read it?

My belief is that the prophecies for

I have faith enough in my belief that it's a load of bunk to post this thread. 2012 is just another year with all the good and bad aspects that will come with it. No new awakening. No end of the world or end of the world as we know it.

How much faith do you have in what you say you believe?
edit on 6-1-2012 by steveknows because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm with you on this, I believe it's all a bunch of bull$%#^.
Although it would be great if some "new awakening" or whatever has been predicted occurred and made the world a better place. But Im 99.999999999(reoccurring)% sure that wont happen.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

I'm 78% sure it won't happen, 12% sure it might not happen, 9% sure something might happen and 1% sure the world will end because hey you never know, it's a strange world.

ALS

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I am a believer that the world will be doing a do over soon. Or a reset as such. With a major wipe of the population. Being 2012. I dunno. I am not a believer on dates. I believe in Prophets. But not said dates.

Therefore I believe What Edgar Cayce seen for instance is real. But accompanying a date with it not so much.

So yes a believer of some of the 2012 stuff. But not being in 2012

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Agreed it is most likely baseless. As a Christian it can get even more confusing. I can accept the potential that any of the doomsday scenarios is possible, and I can also reconcile that thought process with my faith and belief system.

Other Christians struggle more with it than I do.

In the end, what will happen just will, and if you believe it is God's will as I do, then great. If you don't believe it is/was His will and it happens anyway, it happens anyway. There's just a penalty involved when its all over for non-believers if I'm right. Not worth the risk of being wrong if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ok. So far most agree with my OP but there no commitment to the 2012 prophecies date though there is belief in a change. It's turning out so far as I thought it would.

edit on 6-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

I'm really lookning for people who will state No I don't believe there's anything in the 2012 predictions or Yes I will state clearly that I believe.
edit on 6-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by groundy056
I am a believer that the world will be doing a do over soon. Or a reset as such. With a major wipe of the population. Being 2012. I dunno. I am not a believer on dates. I believe in Prophets. But not said dates.

Therefore I believe What Edgar Cayce seen for instance is real. But accompanying a date with it not so much.

So yes a believer of some of the 2012 stuff. But not being in 2012

So it's fair to say that you're not comitted to the 2012 prophecies? But you think that the prophecies or alot of them are true but just not going to happen this year? So is it fair to say that you're batting for both sides? Kind of like saying that if you're wrong you're right and if you're right your're right?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I would go as far as saying that the 2012 prophecies are based on lies and, at best, the most tenuous and general details.

Just dig a little and the sources for these things tend to evaporate.

I am fairly confident that 2012 will be similar to 2011 or 2013.

But there'll be quakes, storms, vulcanism, floods, droughts, CME's & such.

Just like every year.

We also haven't had a meteor strike for a while either, so who knows.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
something is happen, but i don't think the world will end, i don't think we'll all develop super powers, i don't think Christ will return, i don't think aliens willcome and save us. But i do think it will be when humanity begins to move in a different direction. And the world will be more inclusive instead of exclusive

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well not really. I understand where your coming from. And sorry to use Edgar Cayce as an example again. However Alot of what he predicted last year for the first 5 months was almost word for word. Though he got the year wrong. If you look at alot of sites discussing these things. (Japan, Uprise in Libya and Egypt) etc. They mention it was all predicted for 2011. However if you look further into it the dates were actually of I think almost a decade prior. Furthermore in the Bible it states the events of the rapture however with God being the only one knowing the date.

My point is with these predictions there are signs of their presence but that does not mean on such and such date 2012. I believe word for word some of these things will come true. I don't believe that they will come gift wrapped with a bow for 2012. I think the 2012 thing got thrown around with a single prediction. Maybe the Mayan one? and than alot of predictions became bundled in this date.

Simply put. No to 2012

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have my own beliefs, but one of them aint that the worlds gonna end in 2012 thats for sure. People scaring themselves for nothing.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I haven't spent a cent on these new age books, and im a high believer of 2012.

For me the belief started when i was very young

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I predict that there will be earthquakes, floods, volcanos, eco and economic crimes, violence, starvation, crime, tragedy and loss.

About like every other year of my life so far.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
2012 is a lot like the Harold Camping predictions. I don't believe in the date Dec. 21. But the Bible says You will know when it is near, and it does seem near, so maybe something will happen, just not on Dec 21.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

if you checked your sources you would know that none of the actual prophecies given by the mayan elders match up with the mainstream 2012 nonsense. its about a conscious transition.
They spoke for the first time in over 500 years and told us in order to transition to the next level of consciousness, modern culture and ancient culture need to merge and basically use all of the knowledge to lead us there during the end time period (which is a period that lasts about 7 years) there is so much more to talk about, but you could just read the literature it speaks for itself!

if you need a place to start check out Drunvalo Melchizadek's The Ancient Secret of the Flower of life volumes 1 & 2. if you want message me and ill give you a link where you can download both as pdf's.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

sure I'll bite.
like I just said on another thread I don't think 2012 will be it.
personally, I think 2013 will be the biggie. and i also think it will be a beginning, not an end. this is just some odd number that's been in my head forever. I can even remember doing a school report about it in grade school.
really off the wall, I know.
But the earth is gonna need a lot of help by then.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Those that know me, are aware that I rarely respond with a religious quote, but this is one of those few times:

Matthew 25:13

On a scientific note,"Niburu", as some believe, is an impossible scenarios, based upon the laws of nature, and science as we know it. The concept is merely a way to sell books, and make movies.

On an historical note, the Mayans never predicted the end of the world in 2012.

As to planetary alignment with the "center of the galaxy", it happens frequently and the world never ended. Furthermore, it is totally meaningless, as such alignments do not impart any effect upon our earth, sun or any other body involved.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So...ancient Mayans, Chinese, Hopi Indians, Hindus...all of who never communicated with one another, yet have the same time frame is all BS? I put more trust in ancient people than I do with ignorant modern man. Just saying!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

So...ancient Mayans, Chinese, Hopi Indians, Hindus...all of who never communicated with one another, yet have the same time frame is all BS? I put more trust in ancient people than I do with ignorant modern man. Just saying!
reply to post by AnswerSeeker2012

Well, you're right and you're wrong.
You're right, that there are a lot of ignorant modern men, namely those that have TWISTED what those ancient people have said, into pure myths.
You're wrong, in that those ancient peoples NEVER predicted the world to end in 2012- that is merely twisted lies of modern day men.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
One of the primary reasons for the Universe to exist as it is split into past, present, and future is to create/uphold the existence of not knowing something. To have the ability to know the future violates of of the prime directive foundations why the Universe exists.

2012 or any "prophecy"? Zero decimal Zero.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join