It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

It's abstract in that, it's much simpler to say" be nice to your friends, because youd want them to be nice to you" Than to say" Be nice to your friends because if you don't god will know and he said what you did was bad" You're adding all these uneccessary layers to a simple principle. As opposed to teaching your kid to observe the cause and effect of your actions(a very useful skill to learn early on) let's teach him that there's somebody always watching you and reading your mind, and that there are punishments for not obeying this external authority that can't be shown to actually exist.

Whether or not that is what a person actually teaches, it's how the kid interprets it that has the actual impact. If you really MUST inject religion into your kids brain(it is my view that matters of spirituality should be undertaken in college) then limit it to a vague warm and fuzzy idea, and let them explore it WHEN THEY ARE READY, ie actually able to compute the ramifications of holding a particular belief, and having some adult real world experience to leverage against what is truthfully ,simply, mythology.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Gigatronix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

WHEN THEY ARE READY, ie actually able to compute the ramifications of holding a particular belief, and having some adult real world experience to leverage against what is truthfully ,simply, mythology.

because

Whether or not that is what a person actually teaches, it's how the kid interprets it that has the actual impact.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Applause!!

What he said.

Thanks, giga, for making the point some of us have been trying to hard to make, in a fresh voice...

edit on 13-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Hindus believe that Krishna was the eighth "avatar" or incarnation of the god Vishnu - one of the Hindu deities in the Hindu trinity. Hindu scriptures state that Krishna "appeared in all the fullness of his power and glory." Krishna was born sometime between 900 and 1200 B.C. and his religious teachings can be found in the Bhagavad-Gita, one of the sacred texts in Hinduism. The karmic similarities between Jesus and the Hindu messiah named Krishna (1200 B.C.) are many. There over one hundred similarities between the Hindu and Christian saviors which could easily fill a volume. Some of these similarities are apocryphal which means their source comes from the extra-canonical scriptures of Hinduism.

Jesus As the Rincarnation of Krisha
"How, if you hear that the man newly dead is, like the man newly born, still living man - one same, existent Spirit - will you weep? The end of birth is death; the end of death is birth: this is ordained!" - Bhagavad Gita (The Song Celestial: 2)

"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again ... no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." - Jesus Christ (John 3:3-8)

Jesus & Krishna

Hence at the heart of the argument is the idea that the Gospel stories that we have all known, loved, eagerly recited and reposed our faith in--from the manger in Bethlehem to the crucifixion at Golgotha and beyond, to the resurrection and ascent to heaven--rather than representing the Jesus of history are actually proclamations of the Jesus of faith: What Christian communities outside Israel had come to believe about Jesus after 70 AD.

Along these lines, it is quite certain that neither Jesus nor his disciples had any idea of him being the awaited Messiah, the Christ, God incarnate, the second person of the Trinity, or the savior bringing mankind salvation through his self-sacrifice at Calvary.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FocusedWolf
Anyone ever go to catholic school and be forced to confess to a priest when you had committed no sin. It happened to me. Naturally what else could i do, i had to go lie to a priest about some sin that i didn't commit!

Wow, that EXACT thing has been brought up multiple times in the thread I brought up about how .....
SOME parts of christainity really borderline (if not cross the line of) child emotional abuse.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are not alone, I understand the browbeating, and intimidation.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
see second source link above at www.omjesus.net...

In other words, the immediate followers of Jesus were not Christians. Nor was Jesus one.

With much of Christianity's most essential theological concepts being called into question--Soteriology (Jesus as the suffering savior) as much as Christology (Jesus as the divine second person of the Trinity)--Christianity is facing a major doctrinal crisis.

And, oddly enough, an incredible opportunity for revival...

Provided it could free itself from its superficial theological constructs that since the days of Paul have been superimposed and grafted onto the simple and perfect teachings of the Jesus of history.

Christianity has yet to discover the transcendental dimensions of God consciousness (or Krishna consciousness) possessed by Jesus, its founder, who declared: "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'It is here,' or 'It is there.' The kingdom of God is within you"
(Luke 17:21).

Gabby, and anyone else following our conversation, please understand that I am not trying to be oppositional, or confrontational....or destroy your faith, or call you liars....but consider that I am, in my way, attempting to show you some clues to the actual truth as I believe it, just as you are trying to show me.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Along these lines, it is quite certain that neither Jesus nor his disciples had any idea of him being the awaited Messiah, the Christ, God incarnate, the second person of the Trinity

Its fantastic you noticed this about hinduism...

The trinity is a lie my friend...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Along these lines, it is quite certain that neither Jesus nor his disciples had any idea of him being the awaited Messiah, the Christ, God incarnate, the second person of the Trinity

Its fantastic you noticed this about hinduism...

The trinity is a lie my friend...

Well, thanks!
I've known about this for a long time, and sometimes it just astonishes me that others -- adults -- don't know it.

I'm looking for some of the easier-to-understand Buddha/Christ links to post some of that here, too.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Anybody who thinks they haven't made a sin.. is in some serious self denial..

gabby!!
Are you honestly saying you will accuse a child of sin just because they are a child.
Do you NOT think it is possible for a child to go ONE week without sin??

You are really on the borderline that child emotional abuse.....

I can recall while my son was in kindergarten, on occasion he would have problems playing well with other children, playing during quiet time....etc.

My work at the time allowed me to work 4 10's (3 days a week off). I made a deal with him, every day when I pick him up from school, and talk to his teacher, if he has been good all week.....we will go fishing.

Some weeks we went on a fishing trip, some weeks we did not.
I believe children can benefit MUCH more from that negative/positive reinforcement rather than being told EVERY DAY that they are SINNERS.

(its too bad you do not see how damaging this is to your childs self confidence)
If they do wrong, punish them....thats fine. but if you continue to punish the when they have done NOTHING wrong..............(uh.....sick, evil, sadistic.....not sure what word to use here)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
and.....here we are!
Jesus is Buddha

Welcome to the first and only website
devoted to the original Buddhist sources
of the New Testament Gospels

The 27 books of the New Testament, as known, constitute the fundamental holy scripture of Christianity.

Without the four Gospels according to Matthew, to Mark, to Luke and to John, Christianity is virtually null and void.

Recent epoch-making discoveries of old Sanskrit manuscripts in Central Asia and Kashmir provide decisive proof that the four Greek Gospels have been translated directly from the Sanskrit.

A careful comparison, word by word, sentence by sentence, shows that the Christian Gospels are Pirate-copies of the Buddhist Gospels (combined, of course, with words from the OT). God's word, therefore, is originally Buddha's word.

Comparison reveals that there is no person, no event, no locality mentioned in the four Christian Gospels not already present in the Buddhist Gospels that are, for sure, far earlier in time than their Christian copies.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Gabby, and anyone else following our conversation, please understand that I am not trying to be oppositional, or confrontational....or destroy your faith, or call you liars....but consider that I am, in my way, attempting to show you some clues to the actual truth as I believe it, just as you are trying to show me.

I liar is someone who knows what they are saying is untrue..but does so anyhow for a multitude of reasons.

So..I am not a liar..and if you believe this to be true then you aren't actually lying as well.

I do believe that you are under wrong teaching.. and your sources are not worthy to be read.

That is my belief.... there is so much that I have to learn ..but I am trusting in the Holy Spirit to lead me..and placing my faith in the sacred and immaculate hearts for protection and guidance.

Everything in my mind and heart screams false when you type your "teaching"..so will go with what my heart tells me.

I will continue praying for all of us... because at some point in time.. it will be the Holy Trinity that teaches us all what is truth and what are lies and deceptions , painted as loving words of light by the evil one.

Please do not take that personally wildtimes.. I care about you.. and don't like seeing you deceived.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Even in popular culture, Ignacio (Nachooooooo!) knew the kids were just getting out their "weegles".... when sister E told them they were sinning....
and he encourages them to read some books....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

That is my belief.... there is so much that I have to learn ..but I am trusting in the Holy Spirit to lead me..and placing my faith in the sacred and immaculate hearts for protection and guidance.

Everything in my mind and heart screams false when you type your "teaching"..so will go with what my heart tells me.

That's fine.
You think they are not worth reading, although based on actual documents and research by people who know MUCH MORE about these things than either of us. That is your privilege, gabby.

I appreciate you saying that I am not lying (finally). I am not.

So, what if.....just what if....the Holy Spirit is speaking to you through me?. Are you just going to ignore it? Those passages tell you that Jesus said no one should "prophetize" in his name...but your Maria D Mercy lady is doing excatly that, and you believe her. Doesn't that make you one of those who he will reject? What if you following her makes you one of those who on the day you meet your Maker hears "I never knew you."

What if because you are frightened of it, you refuse to hear it, and it turns out to be the truth? Will you go to hell for reading it? Nope. What if it is NOT true....will you go to hell for having read it? Nope.

What, my mortal sister, are you SO AFRAID of? Reading is a gift. Knowledge is power. You can read all you want, and still say, "I believe what I did before." No one will send you to hell for that, gabs. No one. (Well, they won't anyway but there is nothing that says you aren't allowed to read....except for the RCC, who fought against the people being taught to read in the first place, not even the Bible, and only allowed their priests to do so, in Latin).

hug

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

gabby!! Are you honestly saying you will accuse a child of sin just because they are a child. Do you NOT think it is possible for a child to go ONE week without sin??

have you ever watched a room full of toddlers playing? Have you ever seen a child go up to another and whack them on the head with the toy truck they have....just because they felt like it?

Some weeks we went on a fishing trip, some weeks we did not. I believe children can benefit MUCH more from that negative/positive reinforcement rather than being told EVERY DAY that they are SINNERS.

Its your mind that is thinking I am standing in front of a child and scolding them calling them a sinner.
When a child begins to learn.. they can be taught that God is loving.. and is so loving He forgives. God does not want us to hurt others..and we make God sad when we do this . There are very gentle ways to teach a child what is offensive to God.. Just as there are very gentle and loving ways to teach an adult the same.

You are basically just teaching them the same thing that you admonish Christians for in the negative positive reinforcement.. Good behavior gets you rewards..bad behavior gets you negative consequences... same sort of stuff..that you complain about... that you see with the Christian religion.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
and.....here we are!
Jesus is Buddha

Welcome to the first and only website
devoted to the original Buddhist sources
of the New Testament Gospels

The 27 books of the New Testament, as known, constitute the fundamental holy scripture of Christianity.

Without the four Gospels according to Matthew, to Mark, to Luke and to John, Christianity is virtually null and void.

Recent epoch-making discoveries of old Sanskrit manuscripts in Central Asia and Kashmir provide decisive proof that the four Greek Gospels have been translated directly from the Sanskrit.

A careful comparison, word by word, sentence by sentence, shows that the Christian Gospels are Pirate-copies of the Buddhist Gospels (combined, of course, with words from the OT). God's word, therefore, is originally Buddha's word.

Comparison reveals that there is no person, no event, no locality mentioned in the four Christian Gospels not already present in the Buddhist Gospels that are, for sure, far earlier in time than their Christian copies.

Buddhism predates Christ but these manuscripts do not. Many eastern religions reflect the teaching of Christ, therefore it is more likely that they adopted the teaching of Jesus than the other way around. If I find a bible written in Egyption Glyphs that match the story of Jesus but they date from 500AD what is the most likely truth.

I am telling you that the seperation of the spirit and body by God's power is true but you are still looking for the truth. Again we are all free to choose whatever path we want but Christ promises you many things that neither Buddah nor any other religion can.
edit on 13-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

......... it will be the Holy Trinity that teaches us all .......

OK, I am certain just a few days ago you were saying
"Jesus is the one true god"
and the holy trinity is bogus

Today you believe in the holy trinity.

Why does your belief change from day to day?

So, today....holy trinity....a few days ago.....jesus is the one and ONLY. Why the change in opinion......hey, are you a politician.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

have you ever watched a room full of toddlers playing? Have you ever seen a child go up to another and whack them on the head with the toy truck they have....just because they felt like it?

Do you believe its possible that every child will not hit another child every day?
or do you just find power in accusing and punishing them?

Also - why the little laughy icon......you find child abuse funny, dont you.
edit on 13-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Yes, sac, they are older. I'm not sure why you want to deny this. The Ancient Sanskrit writings are from 400BC, and in the vernacular common language used then.

Again we are all free to choose whatever path we want but Christ promises you many things that neither Buddah nor any other religion can.

They teach the same thing, sac. That we are all part of the Divine. Christ promised us that we are part of the Divine. So did Buddha, 500 years earlier.

I just don't get why the new understanding and the indisputable facts of how the ancient Bible came to be is not sinking in....??

I am telling you that the seperation of the spirit and body by God's power is true but you are still looking for the truth.
YOU are telling me. God is not telling me. I have enjoyed God's presence within myself...and yes, I am still looking, sac, with all due respect; on what authority or spiritual seniority do you deem yourself the holder of the truth? Just because you say so is good enough? And then fault me for looking for it still, outside of what YOU are telling me?

Are you the Christ returned?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I appreciate you saying that I am not lying (finally). I am not.

I referred to you lying about other stuff.. not about your spiritual teachings.. though I may have refereed to them as lies.. in the context that they are lies from the evil one.

So, what if.....just what if....the Holy Spirit is speaking to you through me?. Are you just going to ignore it? Those passages tell you that Jesus said no one should "prophetize" in his name...but your Maria D Mercy lady is doing excatly that, and you believe her. Doesn't that make you one of those who he will reject? What if you following her makes you one of those who on the day you meet your Maker hears "I never knew you."

I am not sure if maria is authentic or not.. but I know the apparitions of Mary throughout the centuries have been..

and everything she prophesied has come true.

If Jesus said no one would prophecy in His name.. why was John given revelations?

I'm sorry.. But I will stick with the truth that saints like Padre Pio passed down.. in their prayers.. as well as other saints.

I disagree with you .. ..period.. done..

let the REAL LIVING GOD settle the debate when it comes time..

My heart keeps telling me not to bother with this silly debating as well.. and just to pray unceasingly for the will of God to be done.

May the mercy of Christ be with us all..especially at the moment of our deaths.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

So, today....holy trinity....a few days ago.....jesus is the one and ONLY. Why the change in opinion......hey, are you a politician.

That is hardly fair my friend... many are confused about their beliefs... especially the idea of the trinity...

Without the church backing such ideas, the trinity falls apart...

The best idea is to simply point in the correct direction... they will see or they won't... but that is not for you to decide...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Vogon.. Jesus is part of the trinity.. and the part that is very important for us.. because He was the part of God that came down in the flesh to teach mankind.. and to be the ultimate sacrifice that would atone for our sins.

So Jesus is the one and only way we can be redeemed and is a part of the Holy Trinity.. Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

You will never enter the kingdom of heaven without being washed by the atonement of Christ death on the cross.

*sighs* If you would actually stop and try to understand instead of throwing false accusations.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join