It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Humans place meaning in otherwise innocuous coincidences. That's why we see Mary on a piece of toast, Jesus in the sky, and Goliath written above an apparent footprint in solid granite. We are evolved to see patterns that aren't there, and place meaning in random events. If you do not seek patterns, then you are less likely to survive in places such as the African savannah which we evolved in. To misconstrue nothing as something is less likely to get you eaten than the opposite behavior.

So, embrace it as an interesting consequence of an ape brain evolved to best function socially. Unless you are prepared to accept the divinity of Ceiling Cat:

edit on 7/1/12 by Equidae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christosterone

Originally posted by wavemaker
This giant footprint is located in South Africa. The footprint size is around 4ft long. If it is a genuine footprint, the owner of that footprint is really huge. The footprint is believed to be 200 million to 3 billion years old.

I guess gigantopithecus had a big brother!!!!

-Christosterone

Yep.

Gigantofootecus.

Harte

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_
If it is granite then a giant would have to have stepped on lava and it would have to have cooled down straight afterwards in order to keep the print.

Lava cools into basalt, not granite. Granite is formed from moten rock cooling very slowly underground (hence the larger crystals), occasionally being revealed by tectonic uplift and erosion.

Not that that really matters given that the "footprint" was created by recent erosion.

Still, the flags given to this thread shows that Barnum's adage remains true to this day.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

OMG a giant ice age cat preserved in ice! That PROVES that felines once ruled the world. All hail our mice eating masters!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Nice reminds me of the Syrian temple, some even suggest that the temple is described in the bible and matches exactly the floor plan taken directly from the bible.

reply to post by wavemaker

The discovery of the temple was the result of a fortuitous finding of a colossal basalt lion in 1955. Excavations in 1956, 1962, and 1964 were conducted by Maurice Dunand and Feisal Seirafi; beginning in 1976, Ali Abu Assaf continued the work.[10] He discovered the temple and inferred that it was built in three structural phases in the period from about 1300 BC to 740 BC. The first phase was from 1300 BC to 1000 BC, the second phase from 1000 BC to 900 BC, and third phase from 900 BC to 740 B.C.E. This was preceded by the Chalcolithic period during the fourth millennium BC the tell remained occupied until the Ottoman period (1517 -1917).[3][4] After excavations were done, between 1980 and 1985, its similarities with Solomon’s Temple, described in the Biblical texts though not seen on ground, was discussed by archaeologists and historians. Already the smaller Tell Tayinat temple, discovered during excavations in 1936 and located about 50 miles (80 km) away, had "caused a sensation because of its similarities to Solomon’s Temple."[3][4] According to extensive subsequent debate among archaeologists, Ain Dara has numerous similarities with Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem. Ain Dara, as excavated, has revealed a distinctively similar three-part layout with structural blocks of basalt on limestone foundations. However, it has been conjectured that the temple probably had a mud-brick superstructure covered with wood paneling, which has not survived.
Ain Dara Temple

pic of footprint

pic 2

The long search finally resulted in the discovery of a several gigantic graves located near the city of Aleppo in Syria. The graves used to be a sacred place for worshippers. However, some locals told us that radical Muslims destroyed the cemetery a few years ago. They bulldozed the tombstones. We could have started an excavation on the site but we never did. We did not know how the locals would react to our digging in their ground. The locals showed us another grave of a giant. It sits on top of the hill some 20 kilometers away from the destroyed cemetery. The locals call the place a "grave of a 7.5-meter man." The giant was called "Muhammad Attaul" or Muhammad the Tall One. Legend has it that the giant came down from Yemen. He was a miracle man, he could speak a form of Arabic used by the prophet Muhammad. He was killed and buried on the locale. The treasure diggers vandalized the grave two years ago. They were caught and thrown into jail. Local peasants are now trying to restore the grave. They already placed a few boulders around it and built a stone fence.

I also remember watching a show were a biologist said because of Earths conditions if man were alive at the time of the dinosaurs we would have been bigger than them and also would have amazing stamina he said we would have been able to travel around the whole world in days on foot. I would love it to be true.
edit on 7-1-2012 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Fabulous Video find! After watching the video of The secrets of the Great Pyramids you put out here, I have to say the whole 26,000 destruction cycle has me worried again. I had decided 2012, was a hoax to earn money like a tabloid. But, even the tabloids have truth there in them. The pyramid math doesn't lie. Math never lies. Math is fact, Math is a code. Math is universal. Math is reality. My father died chanting numbers from cancer and chemotherapy. He was an electrical engineer with a masters degree, he was passionate about math.

The video mentions the speed of light is encoded in the pyramid math. I remember there are Bible dates and numbers incoded in there from when I wrote a paper at the age of tweleve, thirty three years ago. Did any one notice that the Moi have Five Long identical fingers? No thumbs? There was also another stone art sculpture that showed an individual having six fingers...

I would say everything about the pyramids was a careful deliberate choice, and that they hid the truth about the meter and cubits from the mass public who never was intelligent then or now, on purpose. It is almost as if there were two cultures of people alive then and now. Those that know, and those that work hard for very little money and they don't seem to think outside their lives. That Pyramid Louvre archeologist wanted to go to his doctor's appointment very badly. He got rid of theTV camera crew people he had nothing more to reveal to documentary film maker or the masses. It was not important to him that his secrets be revealed...

As far as the giant's foot print, who knows? My son has a very narrow foot, maybe it was a juvenile print. Things decay and evidence is obviously controlled and hidden. When they even think snow is comming to South Carolina the paranoid people strip the grogery store's milk and bread, twelve hours ahead of the suggested storm. People panic, people are not cabale of thinking for themselves. TV passifies the public and keeps them out of trouble because they are not capable of being independant. According to this video; ice age, floods, or the sun's fire are comming this year? The last five minutes of that video were disturbing to say the least.
edit on 7-1-2012 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot

Muslim hadith holds the tradition that:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam in his complete shape and form (directly), sixty cubits (about 30 meters) in height. When He created him, He said (to him), "Go and greet that group of angels sitting there, and listen what they will say in reply to you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your offspring." Adam (went and) said, 'As-Salamu alaikum (Peace be upon you).' They replied, 'AsSalamu-'Alaika wa Rahmatullah (Peace and Allah's Mercy be on you) So they increased 'Wa Rahmatullah' The Prophet added 'So whoever will enter Paradise, will be of the shape and form of Adam. Since then the creation of Adam's (offspring) (i.e. stature of human beings is being diminished continuously) to the present time."

Asking Permission' of Sahih Bukhari.

Hadith

Because of this you'll see 'giant' footsteps in lots of places in the Muslim world, many were created out of pious fraud some are just natural occurances

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by Equidae

OMG a giant ice age cat preserved in ice! That PROVES that felines once ruled the world. All hail our mice eating masters!

I believe!!

Essan wrote

Still, the flags given to this thread shows that Barnum's adage remains true to this day.

Sad isn't it?

edit on 7/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Abit of information on the other foot-www.buddhanet.net...

Still cant find find anything out about the handprint near the river though.

Regards to all

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
let's not forget, 200 million years ago primates didn't even exist.

because we all know that to be 100% fact right?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The Thiaoouban Angelic Race located near the center of our Milky Way Galaxy are 9 feet tall but they have every capability of the mind to control matter including every cell in their body instantaneuosly at will. In the Chapter where Michel and and the Angel Thiaoouba visit the seven master Thaori Michel turns back and sees the Angel Thao who abducted him from Earth is no longer 9 feet tall but in an instant had match his human earthly 5"10 frame, in my estimation to show respect to the 7 Thaori she minimized her height. They have walked the Earth many a times and as per Thiaoouba when the human race was spiritually evolved enough to walk amongst the Mayan Atlantean race who were trying to integrate their Utopian society back into the declined black, yellow, white races 15,000 years ago. That is where all the stories of giants and Nephelim come from. Read Thiaoouba it desmystifies the whole Universe.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tybrus
I dont know why I do this to myself. I start to read a thread like this and 3 pages in I regret it. Im so sick and tired of you people constantly calling hoax without putting forth any real legitimate argument other than opinion. Someone has presented something that should be discussed in a constructive manner, not entirely dismissed.

For now on Im simply looking at the initial post only. Id rather look at something and have an open mind myself than to have it slammed shut by others.

Geesh

couldnt agree with you more. I believe people should be skeptical, but most on here are ridiculous and start dismissing things right away with their own personal beliefs, instead of searching for all the facts they can find to make an educated answer. The crowd who is so closed minded that they would rather dismiss this sort of thing immediately than have their reality possibly crushed..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by Tybrus
I dont know why I do this to myself. I start to read a thread like this and 3 pages in I regret it. Im so sick and tired of you people constantly calling hoax without putting forth any real legitimate argument other than opinion. Someone has presented something that should be discussed in a constructive manner, not entirely dismissed.

For now on Im simply looking at the initial post only. Id rather look at something and have an open mind myself than to have it slammed shut by others.

Geesh

couldnt agree with you more. I believe people should be skeptical, but most on here are ridiculous and start dismissing things right away with their own personal beliefs, instead of searching for all the facts they can find to make an educated answer. The crowd who is so closed minded that they would rather dismiss this sort of thing immediately than have their reality possibly crushed..

It's not skepticism to point out that granite is formed miles underground my cooling lava, which makes the idea of a giant stomping around leaving footprints in it unlikely at best.. That's common sense.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by Equidae

Which means giants were enslaved by their feline overlords to carry them around on sedan chairs through lava pits.

MUSH, gigantofooticus, MUSH!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thiaoouba Prophecy
The Thiaoouban Angelic Race located near the center of our Milky Way Galaxy are 9 feet tall but they have every capability of the mind to control matter including every cell in their body instantaneuosly at will. In the Chapter where Michel and and the Angel Thiaoouba visit the seven master Thaori Michel turns back and sees the Angel Thao who abducted him from Earth is no longer 9 feet tall but in an instant had match his human earthly 5"10 frame, in my estimation to show respect to the 7 Thaori she minimized her height. They have walked the Earth many a times and as per Thiaoouba when the human race was spiritually evolved enough to walk amongst the Mayan Atlantean race who were trying to integrate their Utopian society back into the declined black, yellow, white races 15,000 years ago. That is where all the stories of giants and Nephelim come from. Read Thiaoouba it desmystifies the whole Universe.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
"What's fascinating about this is, anybody that does a study of this will notice this piece sticking out, here. It's like when you put your foot it mud, and you pull it out. Your toes will lift up a little mud where your toes were. And that's exactly what seems to have happened here: this rough granite is just - psshh - pulled up, this overhang here. It's spectacular."

Granite is made from magma when it cools, not mud. Unless the "giant" was walking on molten rock as it was cooling (>1000 degrees C), barefoot, this isn't a real footprint.

Absolutely. Please, everyone wanting to believe in the "Ancient Giants Theory", they would have to walk in molten lava in order to make that footprint. Footprints are made in sedimentary rock eg sand that compresses to sandstone.

This is a fake. The footprint was carved and they are using the internet to dupe people into spending their money to visit the place.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Well in Islam it's also said that there once were giants on Earth.

Yeah and in Islam it is also said that Mohammed rode a winged horse ... These fiction books are not meant to be literal.

I am leaning towards this being a random erosion effect. If this "giant" stood in magma then that little lip on the toe could be feasible as it would have retracted its foot pretty sharpish. There must be hundreds of thousands of random erosion effects in the world (a lot yet to be found) that I bet there is even one that looks like a great pair of breasts.

The date given is very very old, before we started looking like we do. To have feet like that we could assume that the rest of it would be pretty similar to us ... 200 million years ago ... hmmmm not too sure.
edit on 7-1-2012 by george_gaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz

that I bet there is even one that looks like a great pair of breasts.

Ask and thou shall receive...

Hills that look like breasts

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by george_gaz

that I bet there is even one that looks like a great pair of breasts.

Ask and thou shall receive...

Hills that look like breasts

That this has a Wikipedia page proves Ceiling Cat is all knowing, and most merciful, catnip be upon Him.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Don't use Islam as an example for anything,please. Islam also thinks its cool to stone women to death,or cut their hands off for getting an education. Islam also likes to destroy other religion's monuments. Islam is savage and warlike.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join