It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+113 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This giant footprint is located in South Africa. The footprint size is around 4ft long. If it is a genuine footprint, the owner of that footprint is really huge. The footprint is believed to be 200 million to 3 billion years old.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Those estimations always crack me up.. 200 million - 3 billion years old. Or 1000 Years old who knows huh?

Great vid, though! S&F for you!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
someone made a cast of my foot. lol

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Were they giants that looked like humans??

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

it does look real and we have all heard of giants
i wonder if its been checked out

ps
that would be one big yeti

flag for the interesting find

edit on 6/1/2012 by maryhinge because: usual spell check

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wow...

I'm speechless.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Giant (and I use the word as in 'large' not the cryptid) bones have been found the world over.
Is it hard to imagine that at some point, foot prints could have been found too?
I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well in Islam it's also said that there once were giants on Earth.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
AMAZING! thank you for sharing, this is incredible. How tall do you think someone with a foot that big would be??? like 20 feet?

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Well in Islam it's also said that there once were giants on Earth.
Yeah, the Bible also states that there were giants so big that regular humans felt like grasshoppers in their sight.

+88 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
"What's fascinating about this is, anybody that does a study of this will notice this piece sticking out, here. It's like when you put your foot it mud, and you pull it out. Your toes will lift up a little mud where your toes were. And that's exactly what seems to have happened here: this rough granite is just - psshh - pulled up, this overhang here. It's spectacular."

Granite is made from magma when it cools, not mud. Unless the "giant" was walking on molten rock as it was cooling (>1000 degrees C), barefoot, this isn't a real footprint.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The beast would be about 24' tall if it was human like.
Do I believe my eyes or my brain?
Nice find.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
AMAZING! thank you for sharing, this is incredible. How tall do you think someone with a foot that big would be??? like 20 feet?

at least 20 I would think, I believe it would be closer to almost 30. That thing looks pretty legit. I've always thought that the story's about giants were true, it makes sense, and is scientifically plausible.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
let's not forget, 200 million years ago primates didn't even exist.

+34 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
One word.

Nephilim

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
great find, maybe the dinosaurs were hunted to death lol yeah ive heard about the giant bones as well, I think some were found in the US, there's also ancient tools etc been discovered, Religion has a lot of lies to answer for....its time we open the archive at the Vatican before they burn like the Hall of records at Alexandria did.

Edit, current view count on this vid is 304
edit on 6-1-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Welll....

That guy spoils the presentation by saying the stone is granite

Granite is igneous rock - lava. So nobody was stepping in while it was hot.

Presuming this guy was clueless and it isn't granite - it looked more like a sedimentary rock to me - which is more plausible......however it look more like a random erosion effect.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
its time we open the archive at the Vatican before they burn like the Hall of records at Alexandria did.

The Vatican has been looted repeatedly, so the archives have been 'opened' on a number of occassions.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

Granite is made from magma when it cools, not mud. Unless the "giant" was walking on molten rock as it was cooling (>1000 degrees C), barefoot, this isn't a real footprint.

He could have been a clumsy giant.

We all know that really tall people are not known for their agility. My next thought was well if there was one foot print there would have to be more, right? Well not if this was the only spot with the cooling molten rock.

I just dont see someone going through the time to hoax this. It could have been an ancient carving but if it was then why would they make the "squish out" part.

Very very interesting.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Best proof would be bones ofcourse... there are some pictures on the internet, but I think they were debunked.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join