It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the best historical government documents?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I was going through the FBI's Vault and it mainly consists of acknowledgements and reports of public sightings of UFOs. But I'd like to read some memos between government officials that discuss the topic and allude to it being a real phenomenon. I'm aware of the Twining memo but to my knowledge it hasn't been verified. That's the important point - these documents need to be confirmed as having been real. Can you share some of the best ones you've come across?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The best documents are the ones we will never see.

Good luck with your quest anyway.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The diry secrets?
I suggest you go look for some of the large torrentfiles filled with documents, snatched by anonymous, wikileaks etc. There is a bunch of worthless documents to go through, but in between there are some dirty little secrets.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

I can't tell you what the best documents are because that's subjective , but what I can do is give you this link to the blackvault where the documents are sorted for easy searching by the excellent John Greenewald, Jr .

www.theblackvault.com...
edit on 3-1-2012 by gortex because: edit to edit

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
have you come across this one yet?

vault.fbi.gov...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

You can start by looking here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All kinds of government documents obtained by the freedom of information act.
Cheers

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've always thought that the Majestic 12 Documents were the best ones in my opinion. But the actual best government documents are the ones that are still classified.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

Hiya Shino, I think there are only a small number of decent official docs out there. Two that spring to mind are the Chadwell Memo from '52 and a handout from Dewey Fournet.

Chadwell was Director of Scientific Intelligence for the CIA and sent this memo to his boss, Walter Bedell Smith. I've snipped the interesting part...

The rest can be read here or a smaller version at Rich Dolan's site here. Dolan also has a collection you'll like...Twelve Government Documents That Take UFOs Seriously. Malmstrom is contentious so beware...

Dewey Fournet was the Pentagon liaison officer in '52 responsible for UFO reports. He held the view that UFOs were extra-terrestrial and was described by Ruppelt in terms that call to mind Nick Pope.

Dewey Fournet was our liaison officer in the Pentagon. He was probably the most thoroughly convinced believer that UFOs were interplanetary spaceships that I knew. We used to argue for hours every time I went to Washington. He was the ringleader of the group in the Directorate of Intelligence that believed. His “Top Secret” study created a lot of excitement by concluding that UFOs were spaceships. He was thoroughly hacked about the decision of the [Robertson] panel, and he was the unidentified source of a lot of Keyhoe’s information. . . . Dewey’s word swung a lot of weight in the D/I.
Michael Swords - Intelligent Motions (quoting from Ruppelt's book)

Fournet presented his evidence that the formations of UFOs that were reported demonstrated intelligent behaviour. There's not much left of his report apart from this handout...

It might not be the best of documents, but it goes back to a time, before the Robertson Panel, when UFOs were considered a potential threat to the US. If you read the Swords link, it also ties in with Chadwell.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Possibly "The Estimate of The Situation", although controversy surrounds this also (like every scrap in Ufology)...

home.comcast.net...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shino
I was going through the FBI's Vault and it mainly consists of acknowledgements and reports of public sightings of UFOs. But I'd like to read some memos between government officials that discuss the topic and allude to it being a real phenomenon.

Shino, there's a good presentation about the subject below with John Greenewald Junior and quite a few interesting government UFO documents dealing with government officials here.

Google Video Link

For nearly 9 years, John Greenewald, Jr. has been exploring the archives of the U.S. Government for undeniable proof of the UFO Phenomenon. In those nine years, he has created the largest online archive anywhere in the world. Join John as he sifts through the mounds of Government documents and see the most fascinating results.

Cheers.

join