It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of the DEAD herring: What made 20 TONNES of fish wash up on Norwegian beach?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Mystery of the DEAD herring: What made 20 TONNES of fish wash up on Norwegian beach?

www.dailymail.co.uk

Thousands of dead herring have been discovered washed up on a north Norwegian beach - prompting Doomsday predictors to hail it as another sign the world is set to end.
More than 20 tonnes of the fish is currently carpeting the beach of Kvaenes, in Nordreisa, with experts views differing on how they have come to be there. One thing is for sure, it will provide welcome ammunition to those believing the Mayan prophecy that 2012 will bring the end of Earth.
Jan-Petter Jorgensen, 44, was walking with his dog Molly when he found the stinky haul.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Animal mass deaths are now coming in thick and fast and this mass fish kill is the latest. As ever I am sure there is a logical explanation however the timing is interesting being first few days of 2012. I am sorry if this has already been posted but I did do a search and nothing came up.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't know about this as a sign
of the end of the world, but I know
I am sure as hell glad I'm not the clean up
crew on that beach.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I don't know about this as a sign
of the end of the world, but I know
I am sure as hell glad I'm not the clean up
crew on that beach.

I love the expression on the dogs face he's like WTF

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
AND all of the dead birds. just like last time dead fish and birds at the same time. no i cant explain it but NO fireworks dont kill birds AND fish all around the world.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I just can't help but think this has a connection with the recent solar flares... all these deaths are taking place in the northern hemisphere.. I haven't heard of any animal die offs in the southern one.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sometimes schools of herring are so tightly packed, they literally die from lack of oxygen. There have been similar happenings off the coast of California.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Radiation from Fukushima? Damage to the oceans caused by the BP and other oil spills?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Sometimes schools of herring are so tightly packed, they literally die from lack of oxygen. There have been similar happenings off the coast of California.

Can you provide a link to this statement? Now a lack of oxygen in the ocean could be the culprit, I find that more believable.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Perhaps due to the methane releases from the Arctic we have been hearing about lately?

I'm not committing to this theory, just throwing it out there.

Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
edit on 2-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Can you provide a link to this statement? Now a lack of oxygen in the ocean could be the culprit, I find that more believable.

I heard about the "too many fish in one spot" theory and I don't buy it. They use this excuse in the Gulf of Mexico quite often since the BP spill. I think it's a convenient way to avoid blame for man's disasters.

That major California die off was just before the Japan eq of march 2011. Many people believe fish die offs can be eq related.

But they have also raised the possibility of sonars from naval ships and subs being the culprit.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Experts have said the school could have been trapped by tidal waters after predatory fish - such as coalfish - chased them towards the shoreline. 

Another theory is that the fish were washed ashore during a recent storm, or trapped in shallow waters and affected by freshwater from a river that flows into the bay.

Makes for easy fishing.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I have heard that before too... BUT, what physical effect, pre-earthquake could cause it? I mean we can't just say "They die before earthquakes, so they are related"

The only action that surrounds a earthquake, would "possibly" be escaping gas. But wouldn't it happen right after instead of before? Even if a small amount was released, pre-earthquake, you would think many would die after the earth quake. But they only seem to die before... Could just be a coincidence, relating to quakes.

I tend to side with a great magical being in the sky, that randomly kills animals. He has decided that 2012 is as good a time as any, to come pick a fight with humanity, one migrating species at a time.

Ok, joking aside,

Records kept by the United States Geological Survey list at least 16 die-offs of more than 1,000 blackbirds or starlings over the past 30 years, said Marisa Lubeck, a spokesperson for the USGS in Denver. But group deaths among animals have been going on for a lot longer than that.

It is nothing new, and most definitely NOT connected to any 2012 delusion.

edit on 2-1-2012 by Suibom1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Excerpt from biological site for herring species.

Atlantic menhaden migrate north from the Mid-Atlantic states in the summer and, in some years, are very abundant in the Gulf of Maine. Schools of menhaden can be so abundant that when they crowd into warm, shallow, inshore waters, or are forced in by predatory bluefish, they use up all the oxygen in the water and die. The last time this happened in Maine was in the early 1990's. www.gma.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Maybe they've been poisoned? Some old shipwreck may have suddenly released a cloud of mercury or something, causing acute poisoning of these fish? I don't know...

German submarine U-864

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I find the timing interesting what with the Arkansas birds dying again as well , both fish and birds use the Earths magnetic fields to travel.

the fact that it happened around New Years again is fascinating to me , something cyclical?

Keep an eye out....I would be willing to wager there will be many more in the coming weeks.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that these die offs are just from natural causes. I'm sure die offs have happened over the years but I don't think it's been this frequent. If this happened on this level in the past we surely would of heard about it.

The fish & bird die offs the past two years happened all around the same time of the year. Now I find that a little strange. I think Earth is changing significantly in ways we don't understand. We should try to look at it from all angles and not just dismiss it as normal.
edit on 2-1-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I just can't help but think this has a connection with the recent solar flares... all these deaths are taking place in the northern hemisphere.. I haven't heard of any animal die offs in the southern one.

3 days ago I clicked onto Spaceweather.com and the proton density was like 42...it was late and it didnt regester...we have had days of proton density over 6 which is high

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

3 days ago I clicked onto Spaceweather.com and the proton density was like 42...it was late and it didnt regester...we have had days of proton density over 6 which is high

Can that kill fish and if so why only theses fish and not other fish all over the world.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by rebellender

Can that kill fish and if so why only theses fish and not other fish all over the world.

does anybody know anything for sure these days....oh sure I can click on DOT COM this and that but thats just me looking at what somebody wants me to believe. I happen to think we the people of the world dont even know squat about what the effects of space have on this planet. But with HAARP somebody sure is in a hurry to mimic something the average person knows almost nothing about

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join