It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

information from shamans or priestesses etc re:The spirit Merlin,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
not sure if this is the right place for this, mods please move it if need be.

I'm looking for just a small amount of information, I do not want to give out too much info about why I'm asking in the first place in order to not cloud or lead any responses to my query.

So here goes.

I was told something this weekend regarding some kind of a connection of myself to the spirit Merlin.

I'm not going to go into any specifics.

does anyone here have any information about this spirit, entity, whatever I'm supposed to call it, and what direction I might want to take to seek out more info, internet searches aren't very insightful.

please don't post nonsense if you cant help me.

Many thanks.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster

I'm looking for just a small amount of information, I do not want to give out too much info about why I'm asking in the first place in order to not cloud or lead any responses to my query.

I was told something this weekend regarding some kind of a connection of myself to the spirit Merlin.

not going into specifics is exactly what will cloud your responces in this particular case because like the generic 'ghost' there are many many different versions of the popular character of 'merlin'..

so when you say 'somehow i found out i had a connection to the spirit merlin' it really will mean jackall to anyone and this 'spirit merlin' could be anything.

-TF
edit on 1-1-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I think you watch to much tv, Merlin did not actually exist....

So you have a connection to something that never existed....

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Here is some information on Merlin's Prophecies.

The scales of Libra will hang awry until Aries props them up with its curving horns.

The tail of Scorpio shall generate lightning, and Cancer will fight with the Sun.

Virgo shall climb on back of Sagittarius and so let droop its maiden blossoms.

The Moons chariot shall run amok in the Zodiac; the Pleiades will burst into tears. None of these will return to the duty expected of it.

Ariadne will shut its door and be hidden within its enclosing cloud banks.

In the twinkling of an eye the seas shall rise up, and the arena of the winds shall be opened once again. The winds shall do battle together with a blast of ill-omen, making their din reverberate from one constellation to another.

crystalinks: Merlin

These were published in London in 1652.

Hope that helps.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the everyones replies, I will take whatever information I can as it comes along.

dont presume anything about me because you will be wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by canuckster

lol... sorry but this is too much fun...

what if I presume that anything I presume about you will be wrong.... wouldn't I then be right?...

what if I presume your breathing... if I was wrong wouldn't you be a little too.. i dunno. .dead?

peace,
-TF
edit on 1-1-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

If i am not mistaken, you are talking about the spirit guide known as Merlin, I have a book somewhere that has some details on the guide, I'll have to dig it up. I can respond here in the forum with the info, if and when I find it, or a personal u2u if youd rather.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
u2u is fine, thanks.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I havnt found the book, but i did u2u a link to the pages on books.google.com.

Let me know if it doesnt work.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

I think you watch to much tv, Merlin did not actually exist....

So you have a connection to something that never existed....

That's not exactly accurate. The legend of Merlin is a composite based primarily on the actual person Merddyn Wyllt: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
in very short order, the good folks here at ats provided some validation i was looking for.

thanks guys, any more help or insight of any kind will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

So here goes.

does anyone here have any information about this spirit, entity, whatever I'm supposed to call it, and what direction I might want to take to seek out more info, internet searches aren't very insightful.

please don't post nonsense if you cant help me.

Many thanks.

There's places scattered all across the globe where information is held. Some of these places require a membership, some may not, but what is held in their walls can be viewed by the public if they decided to make the journey there................ the library

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

There was a celtic welsh druid named merdin, perhaps you are related to him somehow.
2nd

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Merlin would be the Anglicised variant of a Welsh name, Myrrdin, an historical person.. if memory serves me right.

Popular usage is the romanticised Merlyn/Merlin image, an ancient Sorceror. And we could think of it today as a more modern Archetype.

I don't think any Bards in England had the personal name of Merlin, but this modern romanticised version uses the name to denote the most powerful of Sorceror's... an Archetype.

We use Archetypes in our initial 'spiritual' waking up phase. Normally it is one that you find an attraction or inner similarity to anyway. So, start to learn about the Character through reading.. "Mists of Avalon" for example, or "The 21 Lessons of Merlyn".. and others you might feel attracted to.

The aim is to explore this Archetype and how it is relevant to you, to learn how to Remember what makes you similar as a 'spiritual power'.. and hopefully to gain a clearer perception on why you chose this life in this here and now.. and what paths have brought you to here.

Enjoy the ride. Don't forget to remind anyone you talk to about your experiences that you know you are not "Merlin"

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I can't tell you where to find this, as I read it in a book long ago. From what I recall though, Merlin was more of a title, and came from a certain bloodline of high ranking Druids. Each successor taking on the title with his own name. Take it for what it's worth. That's the best of my recollection at the moment.

So if someone is saying you are a Merlin, they may be saying you are of a given bloodline. I have been told this as well. Only I was told by someone who believed it was evil, and needed to be exorcised out of me.

Grain of salt.
edit on 1/2/2012 by Klassified because: Hit button too soon.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I can't tell you where to find this, as I read it in a book long ago. From what I recall though, Merlin was more of a title, and came from a certain bloodline of high ranking Druids. Each successor taking on the title with his own name. Take it for what it's worth. That's the best of my recollection at the moment.

So if someone is saying you are a Merlin, they may be saying you are of a given bloodline. I have been told this as well. Only I was told by someone who believed it was evil, and needed to be exorcised out of me.

Grain of salt.
edit on 1/2/2012 by Klassified because: Hit button too soon.

No, no one told me I was a Merlin. I'm just trying to access information at the moment to try to figure this out.

Thanks
edit on 2-1-2012 by canuckster because: grammar

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Merlin would be the Anglicised variant of a Welsh name, Myrrdin, an historical person.. if memory serves me right.

Popular usage is the romanticised Merlyn/Merlin image, an ancient Sorceror. And we could think of it today as a more modern Archetype.

I don't think any Bards in England had the personal name of Merlin, but this modern romanticised version uses the name to denote the most powerful of Sorceror's... an Archetype.

We use Archetypes in our initial 'spiritual' waking up phase. Normally it is one that you find an attraction or inner similarity to anyway. So, start to learn about the Character through reading.. "Mists of Avalon" for example, or "The 21 Lessons of Merlyn".. and others you might feel attracted to.

The aim is to explore this Archetype and how it is relevant to you, to learn how to Remember what makes you similar as a 'spiritual power'.. and hopefully to gain a clearer perception on why you chose this life in this here and now.. and what paths have brought you to here.

Enjoy the ride. Don't forget to remind anyone you talk to about your experiences that you know you are not "Merlin"

Wow, those 2 books got slammed in the reviews.even in the pagan community. Ill have to browse them more closely

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
A few people are interested in the book that I alluded to earlier in the thread.
Here i the information:

'So You Want to be a Medium:
Rose Vanden Eynden

books.google.com

That link should take you to the search results for Merlin on google books.
Hope this help.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
As I have recently discovered, in ancient Britain prior to the Roman invasion, the tribes had leaders, and wisemen who advised them. Those wisemen, or seers (or whatever) were similar to the "primitive" but still very much practicing shamans, brujas, medicine-men, etc. They were thought to have extraordinary abilities to interact with the "gods" and determine the proper course of action to keep the "gods" calm and save the tribes from ruin, mayhem, destruction, deluge, earthquakes, epidemics, etc.

The tribal chiefs consulted them and worked alongside them (unless, of course, the Merthyn or Merlin was suggesting something that hit a nerve or when the chief wanted to do something out of spite or what have you...they could exile the Merlin on a whim).

The tribal members revered both the Chief and the Merlin as the most capable of overseeing their survival. The Merlins would choose "apprentices" from the youngsters in the tribe who either shows a keen interest, or exceptional intuition. Then, when they had handed over the position and retired (or died), their apprentice became the new Merlin.

Two books I've read recently describe this sort of pre-Christian, early social structure:
Clan of the Cave Bear, by Jean M. Auel www.jeanauel.com... In her story, the tribal spritual advisor is the Mog-ur
and
Sarum, by Edward Rutherford copyright 1987 edwardrutherfurd.com...

Both very informative historical fiction based on extensive research and expertise in history (as they understood it at the time of writing).

Nevertheless, The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley en.wikipedia.org...

While considered a fantasy story, it is one of the all-time best portrayals in my opinion...while clearly fiction, it describes the legendary Merlin well.

Mary Stewart also has written about it him, but here's the wiki entry that shows you were to find Merlin in many different literarary sources. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Find new friends. Get some sleep. Put down the drugs and alchohol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join