It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Mapping of Lake Vostok Overridden by NSA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Wow this is so interesting. I will do some research on it later tonight and see if i can find any thing. I am going to go look for information now but will keep everyone updated on what i find.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
found an article about an evac.

"Two people suffering from high altitude sickness were removed from the US field camp at Vostok station.", the Antarctic Sun reported on 12/17/2000. "One developed High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE), a condition that can be fatal.......Both were brought to McMurdo Station to recover." McMurdo's head doctor at that time was Betty Carlisle. Doctor Carlisle is the replacement doctor at the South Pole after last weeks evacuation.

www.70south.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Lake Vostok is located almost in the center of the Antarctic. It is almost as big as Lake Ontario. Mysterious is absolutely the right word to describe this huge body of water. Last summer in the Antarctic SOAR (Support Office for Aerogeophysical Research flew 36, 4 hour missions over Lake Vostok. Every second instruments in the Twin Otter airplane measured gravitational attractions, radar readings, and 10 different measures on a magnetometer. They may have found more mysteries than they solved. [ed: details of the original story are on the Antarctic Sun.]

Probably the biggest mystery is evidence of a huge magnetic anomoly. Encompassing the Southwest corner of the lake, 65 X 46 miles there are indications that the geological structure changes beneath the lake. One quick theory is that this indicates a thinner crust in the surface of the continent. Another mystery is that ice core samples have proved that micro-organisms live 11,886 feet deep under the ice. That is over 2 miles down! If the ice core is drilled another 400 feet or so it will enter an pristine atmosphere sealed off for millions of years. Air samples can tell scientists a lot about our planets past. BTW, back to the ice core. Each year as the snow falls and melts and refreezes it forms a geological diary that scientist decode and read to tell them what was happening in the worlds atmosphere going backward in time at least 400,000 years. Back to Lake Vostok. Beneath the trapped atmosphere lies equally pristine water. Is there life there? If there is it makes one lake up and out to Europa the ice covered moon orbiting Jupiter. Don't bet against life. I think you will lose. Beneath the water is the bed of the lake. How was this huge lake formed? Sediment from the lake bed can provide the answers. And the deepest mystery (pun intended). Just what did cause that HUGE MAGNETIC ANOMALY.

From the same site as the previous article

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I dont know that there is any value to building an underground bunker for the Cabal in antarctica... they already have numerous "Phase III" bunkers all across the planet, as deep as 15 km underground, and proof from direct nuclear strikes. On top of that, there is at least one known manned moon base.

Building a bunker under Antarctica would require vast amounts of money, even for the Cabal, not to mention the expense and difficulty of keeping it supplied and operational in such a dangerous environment. Should it ever be needed in times of emergency, it is VERY far removed from where the Cabal normally hangs out (which is where the existing Phase III bunkers already are), and transportation there in a speedy fashion would be difficult at best.

No, I doubt that is the purpose of this.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Do you have anymore information on these "Phase III" Bunkers?
Maybe they're constructing some kind of habitat for aliens where nobody would notice.

I'm out of idea's on the subject anyway.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by David
Lake Vostok is located almost in the center of the Antarctic. It is almost as big as Lake Ontario. Mysterious is absolutely the right word to describe this huge body of water. Last summer in the Antarctic SOAR (Support Office for Aerogeophysical Research flew 36, 4 hour missions over Lake Vostok. Every second instruments in the Twin Otter airplane measured gravitational attractions, radar readings, and 10 different measures on a magnetometer. They may have found more mysteries than they solved. [ed: details of the original story are on the Antarctic Sun.]

Probably the biggest mystery is evidence of a huge magnetic anomoly. Encompassing the Southwest corner of the lake, 65 X 46 miles there are indications that the geological structure changes beneath the lake. One quick theory is that this indicates a thinner crust in the surface of the continent. Another mystery is that ice core samples have proved that micro-organisms live 11,886 feet deep under the ice. That is over 2 miles down! If the ice core is drilled another 400 feet or so it will enter an pristine atmosphere sealed off for millions of years. Air samples can tell scientists a lot about our planets past. BTW, back to the ice core. Each year as the snow falls and melts and refreezes it forms a geological diary that scientist decode and read to tell them what was happening in the worlds atmosphere going backward in time at least 400,000 years. Back to Lake Vostok. Beneath the trapped atmosphere lies equally pristine water. Is there life there? If there is it makes one lake up and out to Europa the ice covered moon orbiting Jupiter. Don't bet against life. I think you will lose. Beneath the water is the bed of the lake. How was this huge lake formed? Sediment from the lake bed can provide the answers. And the deepest mystery (pun intended). Just what did cause that HUGE MAGNETIC ANOMALY.

David, I was about to post the same thing.

DR and Val.....
maybe they are drilling there to find out just "what" this magnetic anomaly is?!

Fro what I have gathered, the seismic activities are not natural and are quite significant, if not large.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hummmm....stop me if i'm wrong but the earths magnetic field flows from the poles... and the united states is currently toying with electromagnetics...could this just be a giant experiment to try and manipulate the earths magnetic field..or even boost it?

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by David

I would agree, the numerous layers of ice trap air bubbles which gives you a yearly record of the changes in the atmosphere. I would also agree, the isolated environment in the lake would likely lead to a far different evolutionary direction for life.

The lifeforms theorized for Europa are modeled on life observed at deep ocean ridges. These are in the middle of the deep dark ocean, where sun never shines, and the water temp is just a couple degrees above freezing. However, the ecosystems that have evolved are chemosynthetic rather than photosynthetic, revolving around bacteria that metobolize the organic and sulfur rich minerals that are expelled from the mid ocean ridges. This is perfectly reasonable to expect on Europa, as well as in Antarctica as there is known to be a spreading ridge associated with the middle of the continent.

As an aside, Rudolph Hess, member of the Thule Society, commanded a Nazi mission to NeuSchwabenland, Antarctica in 1931, and confirmed from an earlier map the location of a submarine trench that bisected antarctica. This would be extremely valuable as an entry point for submarines. The interesting thing is, he knew about this trench from a far earlier map from the middle ages.

The change in the geological substrate is very interesting. It could indicate a fault line, although I would say it would have to be a very extreme nature fault to be that observable with geophysical means through that depth of ice. It could indicate a significant thinning of the crust, which is possible, again, considering the spreading ridge associated with the middle of the continent.

The magnetic anomaly is of course the big story, and again, to be observable by geophysical means through 2 km of ice and ??? km of bedrock, well, that would send up red flags to any geologist....

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, and let's throw in the South Atlantic Anamoly. Which is down there in the same general direction. The EMPs experienced on any given space craft when it tracks over this anamoly are an order of magnitude greater than any other place on earth. Could the South Atlantic Anamoly really be the Antarctic Anamoly? In otherwords...could it be so massive or magnetic or pick one...that it effects a larger area than we might think? OR, could it be that it is something that is elongated and runs maybe at an angle from the Antarctic continent out into the South Atlantic???

Just a thought in this wild wild world of brainstorming!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think my info on the Phase III bunkers are on my archives on CD, have to find it...

Basically they are the most up to date bunker designs, designed to survive damn near any cataclysm on the planet. They are built to the extreme depths that have ever been attempted, and are built using the same tunnelling technology mentioned associated with the antarctica situation.

It is interesting to note that these Phase III bunkers are NOT being built for the military, who still rely on the old 1960s technology Phase I bunkers, usually less than 100 meters deep.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The map you refer to is the Piri Reis map.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I dont know if we would be working with HAARP to set up a massive transmitter associated with the magnetic pole of the planet... that would be exceedingly ambitious, even for the Cabal... and not sure that it would technilogically feasible.

If this were a standard scientific research expedition, they could still accomplish what they needed with normal drilling rigs... still dont see the funding to run a tunnelling machine at the pole...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is beginning to sound like the movie "the core"

Hey! maybe they did break the core and now they have to go fix it...i just hope the ending isnt as cliche as the movies

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't know......
I find it very interesting to say the least due to my amatuer studying into alternative ancient histories.....
The Piri Re'is Map shows an Antartica without ice......
Leaves one to wonder.....
Then you have a large magnetic anomaly....
Then one has to wonder how that large magnetic anomaly was caused......
There is diffently something mysterious going on....
*shrug*
But diffently interesting....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The map
www.sacred-texts.com...

And the translation/key
www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
How about the Oronteus Finaeus map of 1531?
www.wwatching.net...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I've got a clue what it would reveal. Same thing found in Siberia along the polar circle...evidence that the continent of Antarctica wasn't a big block of ice, but a nice fertile landscape...and then all of a sudden POW! things got real cold real fast.

BUT, what benefit is it to finding that out? Could it possibly be that they are doing this just for the sake of knowledge??? And when it flies in the face of current scientific geologic theories of "noncataclysmic events"...hmmm. It gets weirder.

p.s. For anybody even considering that I don't know Siberia is on the NORTHERN polar circle...forget it. If the northern polar circle was not at the environmental conditions it is now, it stands to reason neither was the southern.

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by Valhall]

That is interesting: A conspiracy to hide a conspiracy.
As I had only one semester of Geology, can anyone speculate on the odds that a precious (uranium) mineral source may be located here??

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
As I had only one semester of Geology, can anyone speculate on the odds that a precious (uranium) mineral source may be located here?? Posted by Tyriffic

As Antarctica is largely shield rock (granitic) I would say its a safe bet there may be a good deal of transuranic material there. However, such material generally doesnt create a significant magnetic anomally, certainly not of the scale observed there.

Also, even if Uranium or something similar were found there in any decent quantity, A, per international treaty, its hands off, and B, the cost and effort to produce it would be astronomical and uneconomical compared to sources in South Africa, and hell even South Texas!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Conspiracy to hide a conspiracy...

All I can say to that is that the Cabal are masters at psychology and social engineering... therefore such a construct would be well within thier abilities.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
As I had only one semester of Geology, can anyone speculate on the odds that a precious (uranium) mineral source may be located here?? Posted by Tyriffic

As Antarctica is largely shield rock (granitic) I would say its a safe bet there may be a good deal of transuranic material there. However, such material generally doesnt create a significant magnetic anomally, certainly not of the scale observed there.

Also, even if Uranium or something similar were found there in any decent quantity, A, per international treaty, its hands off, and B, the cost and effort to produce it would be astronomical and uneconomical compared to sources in South Africa, and hell even South Texas!

Thankyou DR for that info! And I have a follow up if I may? If the import of a matter or substance found there is so great, would not the cabal make moot or annul secretly any treaty?
There is some idea at work here surley for such drilling and obfuscation to be taking place.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join