It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Mapping of Lake Vostok Overridden by NSA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yes, the Cabal could easily circumvent any and all international treaties or restrictions. However, the question still remains why?

Even if it were say Uranium, why? Uranium is still available in the US, South Africa, Russia, ect for very commercially feasible costs. To produce this, or virtually any other natural resource in Antarctica would be vastly more expensive than simply buying it on the open market.

The main reason that Exxon, et al, havent made so much noise about exploring antarctica has nothing to do with the international treaty... its because they are fully aware of the costs of operation that far from home in such a dangerous environment.

An oil drilling operation in antarctica would cost at least 5X or more than the same operation in the arctic circle...

No, my money is on this magnetic anomally... I would REALLY like to know what he hell it is!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
OK, I'm dim witted here....

May this magnetic source (if not alien in nature) be connected to the core (Earth) by some geologic anomaly?

A high level of iron will create a spike in mag sensings wouldn't it?

Education is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
How about the Oronteus Finaeus map of 1531?
www.wwatching.net...

regards
seekerof

Good point. And the more valid theory is that both of these maps P.R. and O.F. were copied from a map or maps that were copied from ... etc. the same orginal map. Let's face it. The Antarctica continent has not been thawed out in the times of EITHER of these maps and it wasn't until we got satellite technology that we were able to find that the land mass beneath the 2 miles of ice and snow has a coastline virtually identical to the maps. SO, it stands to reason that there was a map LONG before these that was drawn when 1.) it wasn't frozen, and 2.) man spent enough time there to draw the whole big thing out!

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Tunnelling activity still going on at Palmer Station Antarctica, going strong for 48 hours straight now...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There are no polar bears in Antartica!
It costs $50,000/foot to drill on the North Sope!
Here is a HF Radio frequenct to monitor if you have a HAM?
Antarctica US bases 8,997.0 2,851.0

An earlier experiment done inside an Australian mine found a repulsive
effect of roughly 1 percent of the strength of ordinary gravity,
acting over a range of a few hundred meters. A second experiment,
carried out on a 600-meter television tower in North Carolina, found
an attractive effect of about 2 percent of the strength of gravity
acting over a distance of 300 meters. The calculations worked out
even better when both an attractive and a repulsive effect were
presumed.

Skeptics argue that these apparent effects could result from anomalies
in local mass density, such as a hidden lode of metal ore. The
Greenland group, led by Mark E. Ander of the Los Alamos National
Laboratory and Mark A. Zumberge of the University of California at San
Diego, therefore chose a highly homogeneous site: a borehole
surrounded by a two-kilometer-thick expanse of ice. The team took
elaborate precautions: the bedrock was mapped by 42,000 high-frequency
radar scans, and careful surveys determined the height of the ice
surface to within a centimeter. A gravimeter took more than 100
readings at half a dozen locations, at depths of between 200 and 1,600
meters.

The researchers assumed the density of the bedrock might range between
2.7 and three grams per cubic centimeter; densities outside this range
are geologically improbable. Finally, different members analyzed the
data at least three times. Their preliminary conclusion: there
appears to be a single, attractive effect whose strength is between
1.7 and 3.9 percent that of gravity. It is thought to act over a
distance of somewhere between 10 meters and slightly more than one
kilometer.

The new findings agree with the results from North Carolina but seem
to contradict those from Australia. It may be possible to reconcile
all three results by including both an attractive and a repulsive
effect, but then the theoretical model "gets rather contrived,"
according to Ander's colleague Richard Hughes. To help determine
whether these effects are real or are instead caused by hidden
anomalies in the environment, the group is already planning future
experiments in the Pacific Ocean and in Antarctica, where the ice is
twice as thick as the ice in Greenland.
www.totse.com...

"The Hydrographic Office of the Navy has verified an ancient
chart--it's called the Piri Reis map--that goes back more than
5,000 years. It's so accurate only one thing could explain it--
a worldwide aerial survey."
"That's almost incredible!" I said.

"The Hydrographic Office experts couldn't believe it, either, at
first. But they no only proved the map genuine, it's been used
to correct errors in some present day maps."

"All right." The captain turned back to me. "The Director of
Weston Observatory of Boston College is a top seismologist -
Reverend Daniel Linehan, Society of Jesuits. He's so good that
the Navy got him to help in the Antarctic, to find where there
was land under the ice.

The coast lines they found were identical with those on the Piri
Reis map. So the map surveys would have to have been made
centuries ago, before the land was buried by that deep ice.

"Father Linehan revealed this on a Georgetown University Forum, as
proof that this map is genuine. The forum transcript also
contains statements by the Hydrographic Office engineer in charge
of the evaluation of the map -- Mr. M.I. Walters.
www.totse.com...

NAME: Anthony W. England (Ph.D.)
NASA Astronaut

BIRTHPLACE AND DATE: Born May 15, 1942, in Indianapolis, Indiana; but his
hometown is West Fargo, North Dakota. His parents, Mr. and Mrs. Herman U.
England, reside in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Brown hair; blue eyes; height: 5 feet 10 inches; weight:
l70 pounds.

EDUCATION: Attended primary school in Indianapolis, Indiana, and graduated
from high school in North Dakota; received bachelor and master of science
degrees in Geology from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1965,
and a doctor of philosophy degree in Geophysics from MIT in 1970.

EXPERIENCE: He was a graduate fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of
Technology for the 3 years immediately preceding his assignment to NASA. He
performed heat flow measurements throughout the southwest; took part in
geomagnetic studies in Montana; performed radar sounding studies of glaciers in
Washington State, and Alaska; performed microwave airborne research in
geothermal areas of the Western United States; and participated in and led
field parties during two seasons in Antarctica. He was Deputy Chief of the
Office of Geochemistry and Geophysics for the U.S. Geological Survey, and was
Associate Editor for the Journal of Geophysical Research. He served on the
National Academy's Earth Science Panel of the Space Science Board, and on
several Federal Committees concerned with Antarctic policy, nuclear waste
containment, and Federal Science and Technology.
www.totse.com...

PREFACE TO THE SECOND EDITION

Like it or not, we now live in a new age of "One World." This is the age of global companies, of global communications and transport, of global food supply and finance and...just around the corner...global accommodation of political systems. In this sense, there are no home markets, no isolated markets and no markets outside the global network. It is time to face the fact that true national sovereignty no longer exists. We live in a world of big business, big lawyers, big bankers, even bigger moneymen and big politicians. It is the world of "The Secret Team."

In such a world, the Secret Team is a dominant power. It is neither military nor police. It is covert, and the best (or worst) of both. It gets the job done whether it has political authorization and direction, or not. It is independent. It is lawless. ................

There's the legend... that Hitler and many of his Nazi minions escaped Germany in the closing days of World War II and fled to Antarctica where at the South Pole they had discovered an entrance to the Earth's interior. According to the Hollow Earth Research Society in Ontario, Canada, they are still there. After the war, the organization claims, the Allies discovered that more than 2,000 scientists from Germany and Italy had vanished, along with almost a million people, to the land beyond the South Pole. This story gets more complicated with Nazi-designed UFOs, Nazi collaboration with the people who live in the center of the Earth, and the explanation for "Aryan-looking" UFO pilots.
www.totse.com...

PREFACE TO THE SECOND EDITION

Like it or not, we now live in a new age of "One World." This is the age of global companies, of global communications and transport, of global food supply and finance and...just around the corner...global accommodation of political systems. In this sense, there are no home markets, no isolated markets and no markets outside the global network. It is time to face the fact that true national sovereignty no longer exists. We live in a world of big business, big lawyers, big bankers, even bigger moneymen and big politicians. It is the world of "The Secret Team."

In such a world, the Secret Team is a dominant power. It is neither military nor police. It is covert, and the best (or worst) of both. It gets the job done whether it has political authorization and direction, or not. It is independent. It is lawless. ................
After their project had been completed for the year, they reported that one of the planes could not operate because of some sort of engine trouble, and that since the dangerous trip back with only one plane would be too hazardous, they planned to leave both aircraft and all of their equipment cached in the Antarctic. All personnel were flown out by the Navy and returned to the United States. It just happened by coincidence nearly one year later that a U.S. military officer stationed in Argentina reported the arrival of a civilian who was working with contacts in the Argentine navy to see if arrangements could be made, privately, to bring those planes out of Antarctica. This chance tip was followed up, and it was learned that the same man had decided that if he could get away with one plane, he might as well try to get away with two much larger aircraft and with the millions of dollars' worth of equipment, which was, in his mind, fair salvage somewhere on the ice cap of Antarctica. With the excellent cooperation of the Antarctic project officers on the White House staff and with the support of the Navy, all of this equipment and the planes were recovered and returned to service.

www.totse.com...

"Feed Your Head" Jefferson Airplane

tut tut

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here is a nice bit of fiction that may be based in current ideas...

www.americanscientist.org...

What triggered the debate was the Board's responsibility for overseeing all U.S. scientific operations in Antarctica, where amazing discoveries in the biological adaptation of microorganisms had been made, and where the record of terrestrial climate variations had been found to be completely preserved in the ice cores. As a result, both environmental and climatological research had been greatly expanded.

The debate concerned a discipline new to the frozen continent: high-energy physics. It seems that the Superconducting Super-Collider (SSC) had been finished in late 1999, just in time to celebrate the arrival of the twenty-first century. The presidential campaign of 2000 was about to begin, and recapturing the U.S. position in basic science was a major issue.

Since the Japanese had been outspending the Americans in science for a decade, as had the Europeans collectively, the US presidential candidates were pushing for the internationalization of "big science" projects.

High-energy experimentalists (and accelerator designers) were dissatisfied with the SSC almost before it was built, and had proposed an even bigger machine: a ring 5,000 km. in circumference, which would lend itself in unique ways to cheap tunneling costs and to international sponsorship and operation.

The scheme was to build the toroidal tunnel 1,000 m. under the surface of central Antarctica, where the ice is over 2 km. thick for millions of square kilometers. An unmanned robot tunneling tool navigated by inertial guidance would melt the ice as it went with steam supplied by a small fission reactor. (All reactor wastes were to be removed, in accordance with the Antarctic treaty, and burned in a fusion waste converter being built at Oak Ridge.)

The treaty provided the framework for the project, and the National Academy of Sciences had suggested an International Cosmological Year (the "ICY") to mobilize the international community behind the accelerator project.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
A very interesting story, but the SSC was originally to be built in South Texas in the late 80s and was shut down due to funding cuts. Relocating it to Antarctica would require probably 20X the funding as the original proposal in Texas.

My only other criticism of the story is the drilling in ice... while tunnelling through ice, that is likely exactly how it was done (although most likely with deisel power rather than a nuclear reactor), however, this would be essentially silent and NOT produce the seismic signatures we are seeing from Palmer Station almost daily.

My only conclusion to explain these seismic signatures is the use of tunnelling machines in the bedrock under the ice.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nice find Netchicken.

....and the plot thickens...............

Seriously though, does anyone have any of the radar shots or anything that shows this "dome of ice" over the lake? Maybe DR can enlighten me as to how such a thing could be formed. I could see maybe a meter or two due to changing water levels but the story seems a bit fishy to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I also found this rare pic, but I am not sure if its is relevent though..

(some of the old hands would have seen this before)

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well lets see, I would say it had major relevance.

TUT

The Dulce Papers

A joint US / EBE facility exists beneath the Archuleta Mesa near the town of DULCE NEW MEXICO. This facility has been in existance in one form or another since 1948. The facility proper is located one kilometer underground. The base is approximately 2.5 miles northwest of Dulce, and almost overlooks the town. There is a government road 36 feet wide going into the area.

In 1979, something happened at the base with 66 humans killed and 44 humans escaping. It is suspected that the US attempted unsuccessfully to take over the base by force.

One of the people who in escaped the facility was a CIA agent who, prior to leaving, made some notes, photos, and videotapes, before going into hiding. He has been in hiding ever since, and every six months he contacts each of five(?) people he left copies of the material with. His instructions were that if he missed four successive contacts, the people could do whatever they want with the material. The individuals caring for the packages were non technical in nature and new very little about the documents.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Nice find Netchicken.

....and the plot thickens...............

Seriously though, does anyone have any of the radar shots or anything that shows this "dome of ice" over the lake? Maybe DR can enlighten me as to how such a thing could be formed. I could see maybe a meter or two due to changing water levels but the story seems a bit fishy to me.

I dont think there is the "dome of ice over a lake" like you are envisioning as a large hollow dome with a open shoreline and a huge vaulted ceiliing over the top of a lake, like on some scifi movies.

What is highly suspect is the case is 2 km of solid ice, with the bottom section of it, either through compressive heating or possibly lying over a geothermal vent, having melted for a couple hundred meters thickness.

The geothermal vent theory is not at all farfetched, and indeed this would dovetail nicely with the isolated biosphere revolving around chemosynthesis similar to life at the mid ocean ridges.

Netchicken,

That is likely a true picture of a tunnelling machine being used to excavate a Phase II bunker, although the US Space Force emblem is likely a photoshop construct.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I actually never thought it was a dome as you mentioned. I was thinking along the lines of what you just posted. I just can't quite get how it would form a "bubble" of such magnitude even with the geothermal vent theory. My question is this....
If it was a matter of the ice above melting where did the water go?
There should be NO atmosphere at all, just water. If the water could "leak out" then how could the ice have built up in the first place?
See what I'm saying?

edit--- I also noticed the Space Force thing on there Netchicken and it was NOT on the picture you posted a couple years ago. Wierd ????

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by Fry2]

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Fry,

I imagine that its basically a 2 km thick layer of ice, maybe filling a natural valley or some other basin or depression. The bottom layer is probably melted for a couple hundred meters, so you have in profile, liquid water going right up to solid ice. I doubt that there is much if any gaseous atmosphere between the water and ice, unless some of it trapped in the ice, or dissolved in the water came out of solution and bubbled up against the ice.

I seriously doubt that this is a layer of water that extends the entire latteral extent of the icefield. I would imagine it is confined as described above, in some kind of depression for a few square km.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I was mostly looking at this part...

Current ice-penetrating radar studies indicate that the water is up to 2000 ft deep in places, and has an over-arching dome up to 1/2 mile high.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I would have to see that in person to see exactly what they are talking about. Based on the likelihood of meltwater at the bottom of the icefield from geothermal vents, I just kind of doubt it, but you never know.

I can believe the 2000 feet depth, especially if it is a particularly active geothermal vent system. The only time I have seen an "overarching dome" of that size would be in an undersea oil trap where natural gas builds up a "gas cap" on top of the oil.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I see it the same way. That's why I questioned it. You seem to be the resident geological expert so........

Anyway, I just got out my most recent National Geographic map of Antarctica and there is only the Vostok base listed at 11,408 above sea level. There was one mention of the lake on the map though.

AS COLD AS IT GETS
The ice sheet smooths out where it flows over the surface of liquid lake Vostok, buried far below. Located at the lake's south end, Russia's Vostok station in 1983 recorded the lowest temperature ever measured on earth: 129 F below zero

That's all I have for now. Going to get a blanket

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Has anyone explored the option that its not drilling?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
In all probability the dome over the lake is similar to what is listed below. Merely to create a more suitable enviroment.

TUT

LLNL "GREAT EXPLORATION"

The LLNL "Great Exploration", a plan for an on-the-cheap space station,
Lunar base, and Mars mission using inflatable space structures, excited
a lot of interest on the net and still comes up from time to time. Some
references cited during net discussion were:

Avation Week Jan 22, 1990 for an article on the overall Great
Exploration

NASA Assessment of the LLNL Space Exploration Proposal and LLNL
Responses by Dr. Lowell Wood LLNL Doc. No. SS 90-9. Their address
is: PO Box 808 Livermore, CA 94550 (the NASA authors are unknown).

Briefing slides of a presentation to the NRC last December may be
available. Write LLNL and ask.

Conceptual Design Study for Modular Inflatable Space Structures, a
final report for purchase order B098747 by ILC Dover INC. I don't
know how to get this except from LLNL or ILC Dover. I don't have an
address for ILC.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by David
Has anyone explored the option that its not drilling?

Im all ears on alternate possibilities. Tut and I are pretty much in agreement that its not "drilling" per se, but "Tunnelling".

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Maybe you should call the USGS and ask them what exactly is going on...it would be good for a laugh anyway

Hrmm...maybe they're building a massive dump to put all the democrats in

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join