It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of SHTF are you expecting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I know that many here are planning and prepping for SHTF...are you prepping for a local SHTF?
Something like a fire, tornado, hurricane, or are you thinking something like martial law in major cities?
Or could it be an EMP, economic collapse, all out war? I am curious if you think it will be local, large area or country wide?

I am just wondering what many of you think will happen...I know it depends on where you live, and what happens for a SHTF, so what are you prepping for?

I personally prep with items that I use on a daily basis, so I can have what I need no matter what happens, others get weapons, gardening supplies and various other things.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well i must say that i havn't prepped and i'm killing myself for it, but i am expecting, most probably a global economic collapse, prices sky ricket, full on riots due to the economy being worth jack #. Then, with tensions rising, there could potentially be another war. And of course there are the natural disasters

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, i'm not a believer in the whole '12-21-12 thing' --thats not to say something horrible might not happen that day somewhere in the world, but with all the issues in the middle east I do think it's a strong possibility that a large scale war could break out next year.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm prepared for anything (except nuclear war).

I'm expecting a global economic collaspe or just chaos.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Global. Economic. Collapse.

I expect, at worse, the elites to drop us off in mid-19th century lifestyle.

The few folks that make it through the worst in the start will be much easier to control.

Former citizens of a free state will join the federal government's troops as a means of staying fed (3 hots and a cot will be a fantastic option for our youth. 2 Pairs of boots a sheer luxury). Like the North Korean Army is the best fed group in a country otherwise devoid of the simplest technology or even food. Want to see a picture of future USA/ Western civilization? Find a night time satellite image of the Korean Peninsula and focus on the northern side...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

What type of SHTF are you expecting?,

I've learned through the years that whatever you expect to happen ... won't.
And whatever you don't think will happen .. will
Therefore ... I expect the unexpected. Really.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Subscribe to the post above in here - for now, the economical collapse is the more likely one. The bad news - long term food storage is not a saviour , just lets you save some time. I am a romanian living in the UK for now , however my preparations would consist in owning agricultural land at home in Romania, also the right skills to grow food. Also , having some good friends we can work together . The biggest problem would be to get out of the UK, this is a densely populated country. Maybe food supplies would help in my situation, i can trade it for transportation
. I believe this economical collapse will last for about 25-30 years so food storage alone would not help.

Another threat - biological.I guess after financial collapse , this is more likely to happen due to the progress in bio-hacking and the increasingly available technology for the average "user" . I am not prepared for this scenario nor I am sure I know what should be done.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I imagine the following situations could occur:

-Limited nuclear strikes
-Biological terrorism by our own government in the form of mutated viruses resistant to antibiotics
-Martial law
-Interruption of the supply lines, meaning no food, gas, or coal for the local coal-powered power plant
-Due to the above, gangs of marauding thieves roaming the countryside looking for food, water and shelter
-Natural disasters, either caused by nature or the hand of man (ie, HAARP)

We moved from a major metropolitan area to the most sparsely populated area in Texas. We have an excellent tornado shelter, and a 360 degree view of anybody coming within half a mile of our property. I'm a bit behind on items related to protecting us from radiation, but I have a great deal of food and water stored up. I started buying a bit at a time since last March, each time I went to the grocery store. I think we avoided Martial Law by being so far out in the boondocks. I wish we had a generator, but those require fuel, so I believe they are of limited use. We are well armed with plenty of ammo for anybody who wants to try and take these two old folks out to steal their food and water supplies. I even bought a bunch of charcoal briquets, so if our power goes out we can dig a hole in the ground, light up the briquets, put a metal screen over, and have a crude way to cook food and boil water. We are ready to do things like it's 1899 if we have to.

We also have 5 acres to grow food, and I have a great deal of heirloom seeds to grow many types of vegetables. We have neighbors who have chickens and goats, so I'm prepared to barter for eggs and goat milk.

There is nothing wrong with storing food and water, because if nothing happens, then we're well-supplied and don't have to run to the store for things all the time. However, if something does happen, we are close to being fully prepared.

I have pondered over why we have been blitzed with TV shows about the Mayan calendar and "The End" on December 21, 2012. I think we have been subtly brainwashed to expect something cataclysmic, but I have a feeling whatever is coming will be man-made.

edit on 30-12-2011 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Boil a frog. That seems to be their method. Slowly, month by month, homelessness and bankruptcy will creep up on everyone until our only salvation is a globalist government.

That being said, I'm rooting for Mother Earth; I hope she gets final say, ala Ænima.

Cause I'm praying for mayhem;
I'm praying for tidal waves.
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom, please, flush it all away.
I wanna see it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

-Tool

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
an invasion by the u.s military..
other than that no worries here..

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i will list the top 5 that could happen this is for my state UT
1 major Eq , 8.5 and above,
2 Chem/ Bio release at Dugway proving grounds
3 Bio chem attack on down town SLC by terrorist's
4 Martial law, nation wide or regional
5 Nuke war, in which case I climb the nearest hill sit down with a six pack a pint of JD and watch the fire works for as long as possible , have welding hood for this so as not to be blinded

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I hope it isn't any of the above posters...
I hope it is something like this.

HHHHmmmm Marshmellow
Sorry OP just trying to cheer people up a bit

But I dont think it will happen, at least I hope not. (Iam semi prepared for it though cos of this site :

edit on 30-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I had a foreboding of things to come last Summer. A rumor, just a rumor, started that gas supplies were low and would run out for awhile.

Craziness ensued. Long, long lines at the pumps and tempers on the edge.

So what happens when supply lines of food and gas are disrupted for real? Ain't gonna be pretty.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I had been going back and fourth between some kind of cyclical natural disaster of epic scale or economic collapse. I think I have landed on the side of economic collapse and that actually things will not be quite as bad as I had feared. I do think we might more or less jump back in time but I see it as moving to an early 1900's life style and there are things about that which I actually find slightly appealing *once we get there*.

It is the transistion that still holds some fear for me. I can have enough land (not a ton, not an actual farm, but enough to grow things to fill out my menu) in a safe place where I know and am comfortable with my neighbors. These are changes I have worked on which should be finished up in a few months, but if I don't make it through to the growing season, what's the point?

I believe that if things get bad enough to really, really need food supplies: in that event that would be taken from you anyway. By an organized government or by roving marauders, the end result is the same and at least the government would likely offer some way to sort of feed you a little bit...That realization slowed my stocking of non perishable goods: but I do still have goods and will keep stocked to a certain level.

All of that out of the way, I suspect we are heading for a war. I suspect that war will result in financial stabilzation for the U.S. and the U.K. (not sure about the rest of Europe). I think it is purposeful that we are heading to this war at this time and while I worry about our freedoms, the most pragmatic part of me finds living in a somewhat authoritarian U.S. which at least retains the veneer of its former self and the hope of regaining it some day more appealing than living in total chaos. I know, I know, the man who would trade his freedom for security....

I didn't say I liked it, just that it was the lesser of two evils. Live to fight another day and all that.

edit on 30-12-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
advanced apologies as I am a noob, but I have my mind open to many things....this and other posts like it are fear mongering at it's best.. Christ, get yourselves together.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I spent this past year...getting goats, and a wonderful Great Pyrenees puppy to guard them. All is going well on that end.

I'm pretty well set on all the other fronts, as far as location, and supplies. Started doing those things as far back as 15 years ago. Have been bartering with neighbors for eggs, fruits and veggies for years too.

I hope nothing drastic happens, but my gut says otherwise.

Economic collapse is taking a strong lead on the disaster race.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0scree0
advanced apologies as I am a noob, but I have my mind open to many things....this and other posts like it are fear mongering at it's best.. Christ, get yourselves together.

Greetings Noob (your word)....this is the Survival Forum. It goes with the territory.

Maybe you should find a more suitable forum for your comfort zone.

ETA: Bright Blessings,

Des

edit on 30-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm expecting a global extinction

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
1. Dollar and Euro fall......
2. Riots and general disorder to follow.......
3. Censorship.....internet closed for good.....only private networks will remain
4. if by that time Ron is president of USA.....military intervention of government.....hello dictatorship good bye Ron
5. invasion of South America starting with mexico by police forces.....
6. World wide.....small conflicts to eliminate opposition to a consolidated Western Empire........
7. If all goes well....Amero to be introduced as new currency......Europe to use the English pound since it might survive........
8. Tighten clamp ....elimintation of remaining dissidents population through bio warefare on them and general population.....
9. Nukes and more nukes....count on M.A.D. being true...fallout to be survived in space or underground....long term...the world is yours....
10............rebuild in NWO's image....and live happily ever after.......the end.....?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I expect massive solar flares which will destroy all our electricity. In that case I will have my supplies of food and water as I always have. My country is not the best prepared, but yet we still believe we are the best in the world

I have also contact with people having shelter in the mountains for us to be in. Not that I expect anything soon, it is weird to know that several of my Jehovas Witnesses friends quit their jobs and sold their houses the past year. Makes me wonder what they are expecting for a SHTF scenario. I do not ask unless they tell me anything about it.
I guess I reckon me and my family will pull through.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join