It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura: 'I Would Consider VP Slot with Ron Paul'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Anyone running for VP with a 76-year-old man had better be ready for the presidency...

Agreed.

A vote for Ron Paul would be a vote for his Vice President. Considering Ron Paul is so old ... considering how he says he's going to dig in and get things done ... considering the rigors of the office .... gotta' take a serious look at his VP before casting a vote for Ron Paul.

That being said. I sorta liked Jesse Ventura when he was Gov. but I've seen him on recent shows and I've seen some of the dumb things he has done on his conspiracy show (like him complaining about being chased away from Plum Island) ... NOW he gets a
from me.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Totally agree. If he isn't ready to be president, then he isn't ready to be VP.

Plus, he just won't help the ticket any. Ron Paul already had everything that Ventura brings to the table. Venture would just trivialize the ticket and confirm the kookiness fears of the middle and mainstream.

If Paul picks a VP like Ventura, he will lose.

Not saying he can't take any chances. He could gamble a little with Kucinich and probably roll into a landslide victory!! Huntsman is the very clear choice, but Huntsman would also make a good Sec. of State. Napolitano would be a decent fit, but he would also make a good Supreme Court appointment.

This little nagging issue, and a few other chances for huge mis-steps is what frighten me about Paul's real chances. He has to run a perfect campaign. One little slip, and he's out on his ear.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This would never work. jessie is too far apart from President Paul on many of the issues. Here's a link to some of his quotes.

www.issues2000.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Domo1
If Ron Paul has any hope of winning he needs to have a running mate that is recognizable and not for being an ex wrestler/host of a conspiracy theorist show. I think ATS supporters of Ron Paul forget that he has to appeal to an entire nation, not just us. Yeah I realize Ventura has other accomplishments, but he is a horrible choice if you want to see Paul in office. One dark horse is enough.

That being said, Paul/Domo 2012!

I'm afraid I agree with this 100%. I liked Jesse when he was Governor of Minnesota, but I think he lost his credibility when he made the TV show, and started frequenting the AJ show. I don't think he would help the ticket at this point, I think he would drain it and make it seem even more kookier.

Paul has some real solutions, and some great ideas, and he needs to pursue them seriously, not gimmicky.

Paul/Huntsman might work. Paul/Kucinich might even work. Paul/Johnson? Paul/Napolitano? Paul/Rubio?

There are a lot of ways he could go that would bring him money, attention, and credibility. Ventura isn't one of those ways.

its actually the opposite! ron paul and jesse being on alex jones has given Mass credibility to the whole movement. AJ has been right about many things including the overall trends. so has ron.

jesse was late to seeing the big picture imo but he was always independent

when you folks gonna wake up...mass media is the brainwashing tool and all they do is pump war and a vatican banker/nwo globalist banking empire model

i agree- would love to see napolitano in the admin somehow and i'm sure he would be

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

He could gamble a little with Kucinich and probably roll into a landslide victory!!

That would help me decide, too!
I love Kucinich.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Paul needs to stay far away from Ventura. Heck, Ventura just saying this is bad for Ron.

I like Ventura but he needs to forget about politics. Either stick to talk shows or get back in the ring.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Didn't Ventura renounce his citizenship???

You should know, you created the thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is just who we want as VP...someone who renounces their citizenship.

edit on 30-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Absolutely!

They say Dems and Pubs cant work together,but a Paul/Kucinich ticket would have both party's scrambling.
Its a very logical choice,when it comes to real change in America.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Ron Paul has - zero - chance of becoming President of the United States.

Thank God this the last year we have to even discuss this.

In 2016 Ron Paul will be about 81 years old!!!

Now is not the time to be an isolationist.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Paul needs to stay far away from Ventura. Heck, Ventura just saying this is bad for Ron.

I like Ventura but he needs to forget about politics. Either stick to talk shows or get back in the ring.

Gov. Jesse Ventura would make a better president than Ron Paul.
--------
Standby for a big switch on the democrat side of the race.

They are beginning to trot out Hillary Clinton. Bill Clinton wants to be the first dude.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Paul is not an Isolationist.

And, do you really believe any other GOP candidate can defeat Obama? Romney is Obama, but without the black vote and charisma and billion dollar campaign war chest. Newt is pretty much hated by the independents and third parties and disenfranchised Dems, so he doesn't stand a chance. Perry is some kind of marionnette, and I don't think we've figured him out yet, but he isn't doing to well in the polls.

The only way the election doesn't go to Obama in a landslide is if Paul is the nominee.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I agree. Unfortunately, Paul's just too old. Americans aren't going to go from a young Pres (no matter how bad he is) to a 76 year old.

If he was ten, maybe even five, years younger it could be different.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

I agree. Unfortunately, Paul's just too old. Americans aren't going to go from a young Pres (no matter how bad he is) to a 76 year old.

If he was ten, maybe even five, years younger it could be different.

I'm impressed with Gov. Jesse Venturas conspiracy episodes.

Best ones: Global Warming Hoax: Exposed ---- they completely ignore the sun.

Area 51: He stares down the -cammo dudes- at Area 51. BTW,cammo dudes =
Wackenhut Security

Project HAARP: Alaska ---- They sure looked guilty of something when they talked to
Jesse.

End of the World VIP shelters: Denver International Airport - most impressive

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
While ron paul may not want to associate with the conspiracy movement, it would be a brilliant insurance policy. Either you get a constitutionalist with ron paul, or if you try and take him out you get a 9/11 truther. I love it!
edit on 30-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Ventura has more going for him in his left pinkie than ALL of O'Bummers entire nothing career...

Hillary as a VP is just a laugh. In this economy there is no way anyone with half a brain would vote that...

[align=center][color=00FFFF]RP/JV 2012[/align]

[color=F660AB ]BO/HC 2012
edit on 12/30/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Paul is not an Isolationist.

And, do you really believe any other GOP candidate can defeat Obama? Romney is Obama, but without the black vote and charisma and billion dollar campaign war chest. Newt is pretty much hated by the independents and third parties and disenfranchised Dems, so he doesn't stand a chance. Perry is some kind of marionnette, and I don't think we've figured him out yet, but he isn't doing to well in the polls.

The only way the election doesn't go to Obama in a landslide is if Paul is the nominee.

The latest poll: Romney 45% Obama 39%
In an actual election the undecided usually vote for the challenger.
Translation: Romney 60% Obama 40%

I agree with Sean Hannity . A potted plant could beat Obama.

Reason: According to government statistics, if the same number of people were working
today as in 2007, the unemployment rate would be 11%.

The only reason the unemployment rate is 8.6% is because millions of Americans have just
given up and dropped out of the work force.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

RON PAUL = NON INTERVENTIONIST!!!!!!!!!!!!

not isolationist. GET IT STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

RON PAUL = NON INTERVENTIONIST!!!!!!!!!!!!

not isolationist. GET IT STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Truths are spoken softly. Lies are shouted about.

Ron Paul is an isolationist. Don't feel bad. It was very, very common around World War 1
and World War 2. It took Pearl Harbor to throw us into World War 2.

Ron Pauls position on Iran is adolescent.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I agree with your unemployment statistics, but I work in an office where Obama posters and bumper stickers, and family portraits are rampant. His supporters have not gone anywhere!! He still has his entire base of support.

To beat him, a candidate will have to pull some of the disenfranchised Dems (like the Blue Dog Dems), and the Independents, and also mobilize a good turnout of Republicans. Romney can't do any of those things. Folks would just as soon vote for Obama as Romney.

Personally, I will not be voting for anybody that doesn't stand for pretty much the same things as me. I can vouch for most of my local Tea Party and they feel similarly, and so does most of my family. Nobody that I know will be supporting any of the other GOP candidates. Some might vote for Obama, some might do a write-in or a 3rd party candidate, and in general, most will probably just not vote.

So, what I see is either Ron Paul gets the nomination and energizes the voters, or some party puppet gets the nomination and the voters stay home, and Obama voters take it in a landslide.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Truths are spoken softly. Lies are shouted about.

Ron Paul is an isolationist. Don't feel bad. It was very, very common around World War 1
and World War 2. It took Pearl Harbor to throw us into World War 2.

Ron Pauls position on Iran is adolescent.

So, the single candidate that wants to open up diplomacy and trade with Iran is an "isolationist" and all those that want to sanction and bomb them are then what?

And, somehow, assigning a label that doesn't fit makes him an adolescent? You seem to be very, very confused on his foreign policy?

Diplomacy now = Isolationism, whereas Bombs and Sanctions = Political Maturity.

My, how out of touch I must be with the new semantics?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join