It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human clone and having a soul...¿

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Will a human clone have a soul...an identity if you will, that is what I am wondering about.

What are your thoughts about that..? From a reincarnation, religious point of view or a down to earth scientific point of view.

Is there a human-clone walking the Earth despite promisses by US government...or other governments?

Physicians from the American Medical Association and scientists with the American Association for the Advancement of Science have issued formal public statements advising against human reproductive cloning. The U.S. Congress has considered the passage of legislation that could ban human cloning.

After seeing, reading and being told about the ethical conduct of some governments in the world I started question everything they tell the citizens as being true. From this point of view I assume that there is at least on human clone walking the Earth as we speak.

Can I assume because of that a clone will have a soul? Does this fit with the holy scriptures of the different believes in the world? And if not, will this be evidence that the holy scriptures are wrong.....about everything?

Anyways.....one question leads to more...and more...and more.

But let us stick to the one question...will a human-clone have a soul.

For the ones who do not know what cloning is about go to this website here.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Everyone knows clones are soulless.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

What makes you think people who are born or conceived naturally have souls either?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I would have to observe a clone to make a judgement, for I do not think an answer of "Yes" or "No" would be accurate to them all. But in general, I don't see why they would not be able to bare a soul, or spirit. Be you grown in a test tube, or in the uterus if your mother.. It would make very little difference I'd imagine.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say there are some who where born naturally from mothers, and they still lack souls.. But I digress....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Will a human clone have a soul...an identity if you will, that is what I am wondering about.

Define soul. If you're ranking it similar as an identity then yes, clones would have a "soul"...

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

here is a question for you.

Does the alternate version of yourself that DIDNT make this thread have a soul? If your answer is yes then so does a clone. If your answer is no then none of us have souls. According to you.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
clones are not soulless.

God made clones... and they are called twins.

Oh, excuuuuse me. NATURE makes clones.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Why wouldn't it?

When did man choose what a piece of the divine attached itself to? Why wouldn't it, because it was created by means other than the "natural" way? Come on, broaden your way of thinking and don't become one of those persons who give in to astonishment. Hell, I'm more than certain that one day that advanced AI's will have "souls".

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
maybe that's why we never hear of a human cloned. because it's impossible and whatever attempts are made, the end result is a fully functional empty human being.

and the reason that information is not released is because it would prove a soul exists. and if a soul exists, then in many eyes, God exists.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Who knows when a soul is 'created'?

It could be at the point of conception or when a featus is formed I do not see why a clone would be souless - especially as we are not sure if we even have one - whatever they are.

Nice point to ponder on though, but I cant see any definite answers as there are no defined rules.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
maybe that's why we never hear of a human cloned. because it's impossible and whatever attempts are made, the end result is a fully functional empty human being.

and the reason that information is not released is because it would prove a soul exists. and if a soul exists, then in many eyes, God exists.

Or maybe it's because of the inefficiency of animal cloning....!?! Only 1-2 out of 100 are viable, it would be highly unethical to start with humans at these rates....

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Course they have a soul. Before rebirth we choose our body and our future experiences. So some soul would choose that bosy to experience that.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Worthy question you have raised.

From what I have observed, the successful animal and plant clones seem to be sentient and functioning with normal behavioral patterns.

It is my opinion that every rock and every creature has a spirit. All of existence is an expression of the unified consciousness. So anything created with the materials of existence already contains the spirit of consciousness on a subatomic, atomic, microscopic, and cellular level.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

it is incredible how far u go to kill ones values for oness evil life

no mister rocks has no spirits nor plants nor animals

u obviously mean to confuse absolute freedom and absolute objects

absolute freedom is energy potential so spirit existence, absolute object no spirit its realities freedom are objectively it

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Identical twins are in utero clones and I suggest they have souls, therefore, clones from a laboratory also have clones.

To say that artificially raised clones do not have souls is another way of saying that they are not human although they look like one.

If it is decided that clones are not human, a new slaving age would start. We will become dehumanised and the sanctity of the human body would be violated in so many ways just because they are clones.

edit on 29-12-2011 by Helixer because: sp

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Hello absolutely. I am a bit confused about your reply to me. What or who's values have I killed in this thread? What is this evil you speak of? The OP asked for opinions from varying points of view, and I gave my opinion. I even listed it as my 'opinion' instead of an absolute fact.

Your opinion is equally as valid as my opinion.

Whatever constitutes as a 'soul' in humans, I have also seen this 'soul' through the eyes of the animals I have interacted with. It's evident through their behavior, their facial expressions, and the emotions they demonstrate. They show affection, curiosity, stress, fear, and joyful happiness. Animals mourn for their dead, and miss their companions when separated.

I can explain to you why plants and rocks are expressions of the unified consciousness. Some call this unified consciousness 'God.' If we get all the way down to fundamental concepts, I believe in an interconnected, co-dependent, non-permanent, subjective fractal pantheism.

To view each animal, each tree and plant, all the rocks, water, and air as manifestations of the Divine allows me to better empathize, respect, and love existence. Does this make me evil?

May Peace be upon you.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

With there being interdimensional or ultradimensionals its possible the human clone "husk" can become reanimated internally. As far as souls go 1 feels they are authentic so 1 doesnt know if say you cloned yourself if you can place your soul back into new clone???? NOT SAYING TECHS AND RITUALS DONT EXIST RELATED TO ANCIENT DEATH CROSSING AND LIFE RETURNING. Just dont know if most scientist have access to these intelligences. So to simplify I dont think the clone of an individual would possess a cloned soul but I do think tech exist that can re embed an aware soul into another 3dimensional environment suit..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helixer
reply to post by zatara

Identical twins are in utero clones and I suggest the have souls therefore clones from a laboratory also have clones.

To say that an artificially raised clone does not have a soul is another way of saying that they are not human although they look like one.

If it is decided that clones are not human, a new slaving age would start. We will become dehumanised and the sanctity of the human body would be violated in so many ways just because they are clones.

I ve read some very interesing thoughts so far...

Your reply has a more scientific, logic reasoning and what you say makes a lot of sense. More so because we all remember Dolly, the sheep. For as far I know there was nothing wrong with her behaviour which could indicate psychological problems. I assume that the scientist who created her were paying attention to this significant important part of the sheep too.

But then again, would the scientist tell us if there were serious mental malfunctions with Dolly the sheep. I guess we should take their word for it. Is it save to think that what works for an animal will also work for a human?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

A human, is human, is a human. It does not matter if a clone has psychological issues or not. If clones do really have psychological defects, I would say that it is because of the technological rather than some spiritual shortcomings.

The irony is that the human body is really only about 20% human. The rest is water, bacteria, viruses, minerals, weird symbiotic organisms like the mitochondria that occupy all our cells.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Helixer because: sp

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thats iffy in one respect I can say no, because the original matter dna that made up the clone based off already has a soul why would he need 2. and on the other hand can say yes cause it is a separate living being.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join