It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of 9/11 truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Do you think 9/11 truth is dying? Compared to say, 2006, it seems like fewer people believe in it. I guess since we've been hearing the 'official' story that it was a terrorist attack by Muslim supremacists for 10+ years, it has simply become 'truth' to people, because like Goebbels said, if you keep repeating a lie eventually people will believe it?

I've noticed that people on the political left, who used to be the core of 9/11 truth during the Bush era, have largely rejected 9/11 truth. I mean Obama obviously isn't a truther, and pundits like Bill Maher hate 9/11 truth. It seems like most of the remaining truth supporters are libertarian.

Do you think 9/11 truth has a future, and does it matter? I mean, bringing the real perps of 9/11 to justice is important, but more important in my opinion, is ending the wars. When the wars are over, will it still matter to know the truth about 911?

I'm still not 100% sure about 9/11 truth. I think the truther theories have holes in them and there are some claims they make that are outright lies, but you can say the same for the official story. I'm not convinced either way really, but I would say 9/11 is definitely still mysterious and for that reason I respect the truthers more than people who are simply satisfied with the government's fishy story.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
One thing I do think though, is that it's not unreasonable to think elements of our government are evil enough to pull something like 9/11 off. After all, they considered a similar thing back in the early 60s with Operation Northwoods, and they were going to blame the attacks on communists. So people who think our government wouldn't go 'THAT low' are simply wrong.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

I don't get the impression that fewer people believe in 911 truth. My impression is that the preponderance of the evidence has shown that 911 was a staged event and many people came to realize that. There has been less discussion about it recently because people simply had to move on. If people believed the official story about all these events, would the conspiracy theorist Ron Paul be a frontrunner?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Nothing will ever come of 9-11 except to expose all its inconsistencies, improbabilities, innocuous untruths, incredible lies, illegal wars and the ingenious way we will forever pay for that day.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
At 21:54 GMT on 9/11/2001 the BBC announced that WTC 7 had collapsed. There was just one problem with this news: WTC 7 did not collapse until 22:20 GMT.
Jane Standley, who reported the collapse some 26 minutes in advance with WTC Building 7 still visible in the background.

This for me is the lightbulb moment regarding 9/11 , this is 100% proof that it was a staged demolition of the towers.
Also the fact that the towers structural blueprints were removed from the internet.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
9/11 truth hasn't been going down.. the number of republicans who hate Obama joining ATS has gone up.

9/11 truth is alive and well, and growing.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
if there really was something wrong with the official story the oppositional political power would have pressed the GOTCHA button that hard you would still have the 911 discussion going on in the mainstream news every single day.

Instead everyone truth'es around and tends to be more true than the truest truther you can imagine and the discussion is on boards like this.

All conspiracy theories on this i ever heard where scientifically improper in some detail, if not laughable stupid.
And no matter which party one like to see at the helm, the 911 attacks .. at least from my viewpoint .. are satisfyingly explained by the official report, and i would call it a waste of money to officially warm it all up again.

i'm afraid the conspiracy on this is so far out by now that they start advertising for tinfoil-hats with google-ads

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TMJ1972
if there really was something wrong with the official story the oppositional political power would have pressed the GOTCHA button that hard you would still have the 911 discussion going on in the mainstream news every single day.

Instead everyone truth'es around and tends to be more true than the truest truther you can imagine and the discussion is on boards like this.

All conspiracy theories on this i ever heard where scientifically improper in some detail, if not laughable stupid.
And no matter which party one like to see at the helm, the 911 attacks .. at least from my viewpoint .. are satisfyingly explained by the official report, and i would call it a waste of money to officially warm it all up again.

i'm afraid the conspiracy on this is so far out by now that they start advertising for tinfoil-hats with google-ads

Right, because the concept of "controlled opposition" died with Lenin? Sheesh.

I marvel at how the little folk think the big folk give a rat's arse about them. It only took me 30 years of voting before I had to admit not one meaningful policy had changed in favor of the little folk, but that was before 911. If you can't read the WTC-sized writing on the wall after 911, you must be trying to avoid it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
To answer the OP. I believe the movement is changing and getting more sophisticated as time goes on. In the beginning many people ran with it in some many different directions, and to a degree many are still doing this, but I think clearer minds are now coming forward. It might seem as though the movement has slowed, but I think it is maturing.
edit on 28-12-2011 by talisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The thing that strikes me is the fact that Iraq did not attack the US on 9/11. No "weapons of mass destruction" were found in Iraq. This is not even discussed anymore.

I think most average people believe the government used the events of 9/11 to further their ambitions and goals. In their private thoughts they may believe the government (i.e. defense contractors and oil men) "Let it Happen on Purpose". These same average people suppress that frightening thought with their cynicism regarding a large bureaucracies tendency to lie to cover their ass after a blunder.

Under no circumstances will they believe the power structure was involved in planning or participated directly in the attacks.

In short TPTB have won. They successfully controlled the masses and justified their agenda.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot

Do you think 9/11 truth has a future, and does it matter?

I'm still not 100% sure about 9/11 truth. I think the truther theories have holes in them and there are some claims they make that are outright lies, but you can say the same for the official story.

The 9/11 issue gives us all a chance to evolve our thinking. The effect on each of us is important to the future of our species. When looking at the issue we're faced with a choice, to consent to being dumbed down, to be a traitor, or to ask questions and draw our own conclusions. This choice is always open and each individual can change their stance at any point, all you have to do is live with the consequences.

The 'Truth Movement' is a major part of the cover-up. The fuzzy and downright false claims are all laid there for debunkers to have a field day. The overall intention is to provide enough time for the perps to carry on till they have the system they want in place. Infighting will see their plans go to ruin.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
One thing I do think though, is that it's not unreasonable to think elements of our government are evil enough to pull something like 9/11 off. After all, they considered a similar thing back in the early 60s with Operation Northwoods, and they were going to blame the attacks on communists. So people who think our government wouldn't go 'THAT low' are simply wrong.

Part of the deliberate misdirection we encounter is the repeated assertion that "the government' did it. This is an element of the old plan to put us all in a state of general distrust. These False Flag events are carried out by a network of people from the lowliest criminals, blackmailed and bribed into playing their part, to those whose names we never hear but who have the ability to pull the strings of intelligence agencies etc. Corrupt politicians coming somewhere in the middle of this crowd.

Distrust in government is perhaps the main aim of 9/11. What's the alternative? 'Benign Dictatorship'? What happens when the dictator simply drops the word benign?

Young, enthusiastic people who know how corrupt politicians have become have the opportunity to enter politics and rebuild from the bottom up.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by qver74

I don't get the impression that fewer people believe in 911 truth. My impression is that the preponderance of the evidence has shown that 911 was a staged event and many people came to realize that. There has been less discussion about it recently because people simply had to move on. If people believed the official story about all these events, would the conspiracy theorist Ron Paul be a frontrunner?

Good point. We won't get anywhere by dwelling on it. The majority of thinking people have simply accepted it and 'moved on' with the knowledge they need to make the right decisions. For example, who is going to believe another staged attack? All the main players will simply be painting a target on their chests and shouting "Look at me! I'm a traitor! What are you going to do about it?"

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TMJ1972

Two main faults in this reasoning. The concept of oppositional political power is a fabrication used to scam the public. Who doesn't hold some 'Left' views about some subjects and 'Right' views on others? Politicians who speak openly on 9/11 get sidelined or worse. Politicians who want to stay in the position that allows them most influence choose their words very carefully. The things they say make it obvious what they know, but to call them out would be to admit a feeling of guilt. Watch carefully and you will see examples of this throughout politics.

As for mainstream media. Who still pays attention to that obviously useless pap?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

in my opinion there are too many figureheads in government and media that have to protect the official story,then you have the die hard believers that hang onto it because it would be too explosive and would shatter their security/minds to believe otherwise.and lastly there are people that are too busy trying to run their everyday lives, they want it to go away,don't want to hear it anymore.these are the types I have encountered. I can't let it go until everybody understand what really happened that day,that includes seeing the criminals that were responsible pay.

I'm not sure it will happen, I'll never give up hope I just can't let it go..it's like a ticking clock in the back of my brain ,always there
edit on 29-12-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I think that as long as there is the internet and people with a lot of time and their hands and a chip on their shoulders and deep seated envy and a need for undeserved attention there will be some adherents of conspiracies.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
9/11 truth hasn't been going down.. the number of republicans who hate Obama joining ATS has gone up.

9/11 truth is alive and well, and growing.
I agree. The truth movement is growing. What worries me is what will happen to those who support it when martial law is imposed. The future is not too bright.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

I agree. The truth movement is growing.

Based on....?

What worries me is what will happen to those who support it when martial law is imposed.

Do you really think someone would declare martial just to get to the truth movement?? Wow.

The future is not too bright.

There are just too many ways to respond to this.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't think that 911 truth is dying, I think it is long dead. One thing the truth movement has shown beyond any doubt it that they can't get anything done. No new investigation, no convincing support from any scientific organization, nothing really. The only thing the truth movement currently exists of is a couple of die hard believers on internet forums sharing their non-expert views. Nobody in the world cares.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hoop, the difference between you and me is this. You think that the govt. is looking out for us, while I believe otherwise. I know from personal experience that the 'truth' movement is growing, and the vast majority of new members hare on ats find fault with the OS. If, you believe what you do based on facts, then you leave me no choice but to lower my opinion of you. The cat is out of the bag, they know it is, and unless something is done to curtail this dissent then revolution, in one form or another is inevitable. Keep looking thru your rose colored glasses, soon you'll be looking thru a fence.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join