It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons in Possessed People Bend Their Knee at the Name of Jesus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Protestants have exorcised demons, also. It is not just a Catholic thing.
Muslims rebuke demons and jinns.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
At first I was like, well the name Jesus doesnt make me bend at the knee.. So I was stoked. But then I saw it said, during the end of an exorcism, when the demon has taken full control.. And it set my excitement back. Im not gonna go through an exorcism to see if at the end of it I bend at the knee when hearing the name of Jesus.. For all I know, the exorcism itself causes the demonic possession.. Thanks op.

I hear you. There was a time when i was about 13, my Mother, a devout Christian, decided that I was possessed by Demons, because I told her of the dead people I was seeing. So, a preacher, a deacon, and two church ladies came over to our house for three days, wailing to Jesus to cast these Demons from my body, and all I could do is sit there and listen to them. I will never forget how their breath smelled, and the women's perfumes. While they were there was the first time I felt an evil presence. They were telling me to "take Jesus into your Heart," and even at that age I knew they were attempting to possess me with something, something I wanted no part of. They finally gave up on me.

Through my research, I have never once heard of an Atheist, or a Wiccan, or Witch, or Hindu, or Buddhist, Jew, Muslim, or anyone else save the devout Christians and Catholics who got possessed. One wonders, why is this? I am left to think that when one becomes devout, they open themselves to anything that wants to come in there, and so they do. IMHO, all Exorcists are either irreversibly delusional, or they are scammers. Benny Hinn teaches that Demons can not touch you, or your family if you take Jesus into your heart. He must be right because he makes over $500,000 (plus benefits) per year, and lives in a $650,000 house and stays in $2,200 per night hotels. He even charges $100 just for his autograph. Yes, this Exorcism business is doing quite well, it seems.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

does that mean demons worship jesus?

No.
Would you worship the one who cast you out of heaven?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Razimus
ATS is full of Christian-bashers, this thread is proof of that.

Were happy and theyre miserable, theyre going to piss in our cornflakes because misery loves company and theyre attention seekers. Little kids do the same things when they want attention. Theyre just making an ass of themselves in front of the whole world in a "hey mom watch this!" fashion for attention is all.

Just because someone wants you to research the true history of your religion does not mean they are miserable. I personally could not be happier, and have more faith after learning the whole truth. I do not have all the luxeries of life, but still concider myself to be blessed beyond measure. There is nothing wrong with questioning your faith if it brings you to a better understanding and closer to the creator in the end. I personally feel sorry for those who never get to experience complete understanding, because it is a huge part of life, faith, and a huge part of your heart that you'll be missing out on.

Bashers be damned on all sides, but please don't lump us all in the same category, that would be the same as saying all christians are alike...which you know is not the case

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo
I don't get what the point of the thread is. Is it about demons or is it just a ra-ra Jesus thread? Because I'll tell you, if he's real then he's not doing nearly enough. Why go to all the bother of being crucified when you're apparently immortal anyway and have magic powers to somehow multiply food by the thousands? Surely that would have been a lot more helpful to people in Africa (assuming he's still around, which an awful lot of people seem to believe). Why isn't he dealing with the Christian fundies who think it's OK to hate everyone who isn't like them? Somebody post that George Carlin video soon, I always like to see that one.

It was necessary for God to willingly sacrifice himself and suffer the pain of death in human form to release the energy of the Holy Spirit for all of humanity to access it. If not in human form, it would not have been acessible except to those who are without sin and pure. Good luck with that...

jaden

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Through my research, I have never once heard of an Atheist, or a Wiccan, or Witch, or Hindu, or Buddhist, Jew, Muslim, or anyone else save the devout Christians and Catholics who got possessed. One wonders, why is this? I am left to think that when one becomes devout, they open themselves to anything that wants to come in there, and so they do. IMHO, all Exorcists are either irreversibly delusional, or they are scammers. Benny Hinn teaches that Demons can not touch you, or your family if you take Jesus into your heart. He must be right because he makes over $500,000 (plus benefits) per year, and lives in a $650,000 house and stays in $2,200 per night hotels. He even charges $100 just for his autograph. Yes, this Exorcism business is doing quite well, it seems.

Exorocism: Hindu, Islam, Judaism, Christianity

If you watch scammers on TV I wouldn't put faith in what they say.

Sorry about your experience as a youth. Sometimes people do more harm than good. There is a big difference between righteous and self-righteous.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
There are no magic words that can be spoken to disperse evil, if the person speaking those words does not have faith. Demons are very real, they prey on the spiritually weak, and try countless ways to destroy those who are spiritually sound. I have witnessed evil first hand, and I am telling you , it is very real. I have seen the damage that these things can cause and it is far from glamorous. I have seen evil pass from person to person in my own home in front of my own eyes. Do I think people will believe me?? ..probably not. The attacks used to be personal, only against me, but when "it" figured out that I was unaffected it moved on to the people around me. It has been like this for years, I am starting to think its personal. There is a malignant energy that overcomes me when these attacks happen. I am very aware of it, those who are under the attack seem to have no clue. Try telling someone, "Hey I think you got something negative attacking you", they look at you like your crazy. The bad thing is you can not help those people if they are not willing to think outside the box.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Im not sure about demon bowing to the name Jesus or any other kind of deity or name, but Ive found demons Ive come across to bow down to my name. All i can draw from this is demons answer to any sought of higher power or maybe all people have some sought of authority over demons. I sought of consider myself to be a christian.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

I am glad there is another soul that understands my statement!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

This is what I love about ATS. We're all here for a good debate, and no one is an all-out dick. Wait.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Bunk, it's just bunk! I don't want to be in troble for a one lner so all I can say to get to that second line is..........it's all bunk!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Perhaps demon possession is simply a psychological manifestation. The belief in demons in the OP's story only exists in the context of a belief in a powerful Jesus as well and the "possession" is merely one way of looking at a psyche that is not integrated. The "demons" are parts of the personality not under control and since the belief in Jesus is there, invoking his name is like invoking the higher self.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
Perhaps demon possession is simply a psychological manifestation. The belief in demons in the OP's story only exists in the context of a belief in a powerful Jesus as well and the "possession" is merely one way of looking at a psyche that is not integrated. The "demons" are parts of the personality not under control and since the belief in Jesus is there, invoking his name is like invoking the higher self.

Keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile i will pray that God sends you something that will open your eyes, let me know when stuff starts happening that you can't explain or debunk. When stuff starts flying off the shelves and walls at you, then you know it's not bullsh*t.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here is a true and scientific exorcism of a little girl named Karen Kingston. I have verified the authenticity of the book twice.
hbcdelivers.s439.sureserver.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

It sounds crazy unless you are a believer.

Indeed.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile i will pray that God sends you something that will open your eyes, let me know when stuff starts happening that you can't explain or debunk. When stuff starts flying off the shelves and walls at you, then you know it's not bullsh*t.

So, you're praying that God will send a demon to knock stuff off my shelves?

And people wonder why Christians get a bad rap.

I might add that I prefaced my original remark with "perhaps." I was offering a possible explanation that I hadn't seen addressed in what I had read of the thread. You know, open minded discussion and all that....
edit on 26-12-2011 by DelMarvel because: typo

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

"why is it for the major majority only chistians that get possesed? Wouldn't it be easier for the devil to possess those that do not have the depth of faith? Wouldn't all the unfaithful be possesed, and shouldnt all those who've been touched by god be speaking in tounges?"

They are fighting a spiritual war for our souls. They attack to break you and make you lose your faith.. The unbeliever has no faith/belief so nothing to take away from them. Why would demons attack those they have already defeated?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I will say this concerning 'proof', all proof that you will ever have concerning the name of Jesus will never yield concrete evidence, only anecdotal evidence. I can testify that I have used the name of Jesus to turn a very negative room almost instantly into a positive room.

To describe the negative feeling, it's like the feeling you get when you feel someone's watching you, your chest sinks, you just feel almost like you have a stomach ache, during instances like this I've used the name of Jesus with two witnesses, one is basically athiest the other is basically agnostic, they both confirmed to me, they felt the room change from negative to positive, from oppressive feeling to freeing, from heavy to light. I didn't tamper with their replies, they outright confirmed the same.

This anecdotal evidence will only mean something to the person it happens to and maybe those they are with at the time, it's not something you can put in a vial, record on video, it's a personal thing, but I do feel it's worthy of mentioning.

As far as the kneeling I've never heard that, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility. After reading the stories of various killers who claimed they were possessed I do personally subscribe to the real possibility that spiritual beings attempt to control us on a regular basis, it only works with a few weak individuals such as the guy that killed John Lennon. That guy, I won't say his name out of respect for John, but he claims now to be 'born again', he claims demons left his body not long after he was taken to prison, he never wants to leave prison because he knows people would likely kill him, but he also might be afraid of what he would do. He was not Christian but claims to be so now, I do believe spiritual experiences, whether greatly positive or greatly negative can equally result in conversion to Christianity, I say 'born again' in quotes because I can't say whether he is born again, only the supreme being can, people claim they are 'born again' all the time, I've met many a people who professed to be born again, who displayed the exact opposite of Christian values, and the opposite of kindness. Christians are not better than non-Christians, we are just more sensitive to what we describe as faith, which doesn't make us better, it gives us a head start, but having a lot of faith can also give us an extra weakness, when we fall we fall further.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Can I get an Amen-Ra than??!!!!
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Amon Ra is simply the name of an Egyptian pharaoh.

Amen represents the words all men and aman (hebrew for to confirm) which is how one ended a prayer in polite society back in the day. It stuck, even today when there is less faith, less people who follow the teachings of Jesus and less people who believe in a creator; people still end a prayer AMEN. Just because it looks like, does not mean it is the same.

You can't even get "You were right in this instance I'm afraid."

Cheers
edit on 26-12-2011 by MollyStewart because: added extra

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Demonic forces will react to any of the major world religions, not just Jesus Christ.

Try Krishna, Vishnu, Buddha, etc...the demonic forces are angry you have faith.

Religion is a feedback loop. That's the beauty of the Creation...it's Your Creation, it is what you make of it.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join